Lucette contraceptive pill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

have started lucette pill. Was on yasmin for about 3 years and had no problems ( stopped to have a baby, then went to the implant-decided to go back to the pill and they said lucette is the same as yasmin)

I have about 3 days left of this strip and have had a breakthrough bleed which started on Friday..it started light and then turned into black clots. Today is normal red clots but the period pain and back pain is so intense I’m thinking I can’t have this every month. I’m also wondering how long this bleed will last for with 3 pills left- then a planned 4 day break before starting the new strip ( used to do 7 day break but dr recommend 4 day break)

has anyone had similar issues? Did it die down?

I have been on yasmin but came off it as i wasn't having a proper bleed each month. Can i ask why the doctor recommended a 4 day break and not a 7? I was always led to believe the pills tend to stop the bleeding and that is why you don't bleed if you run two packs together ?

Reactions: 1
I have been on yasmin but came off it as i wasn't having a proper bleed each month. Can i ask why the doctor recommended a 4 day break and not a 7? I was always led to believe the pills tend to stop the bleeding and that is why you don't bleed if you run two packs together ?
She said because most people wanted shorter periods so by doing a 4 day break it’s more likely to make my cycle shorter? Very odd. And yes maybe that’s why but it’s my first pack so can take a few weeks to get used to I gues?

Reactions: 1
She said because most people wanted shorter periods so by doing a 4 day break it’s more likely to make my cycle shorter? Very odd. And yes maybe that’s why but it’s my first pack so can take a few weeks to get used to I gues?
I don't bleed till my 5th day so i probably wouldn't have a period.I presume it takes 3 months to get use to a new pill .I did go a contraceptive clinic for mine once . She tried to give me a different brand of pill with the same ingredients .my GP nurse said she would never do that because it is still a different type of pill.