Love Meg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cant find a thead on meg loved her when she 1st started out
Since last house move feels different so stopped watching her.
Much prefer bits of bri and brittany vasseur.
All American homes seem huge.
Meg seems auowr blonde and glam these days.
Watched latest cleaning tour and saw her massive stockpile cleaning products.
She admits all the methods and mrs Myers was gifted.
Makes me wonder does any infleuncers pay for this stuff.
Seems mental do halloween decor so early.
What does her bloke do?

I think Justin has (a few?) social media companies? Plus he does most of the editing for the Hickmann’s Vlog?

I can’t believe how wealthy they now seem to be! Been watching since their first tiny house

Reactions: 1
Can't stand the voice and the constant references to God. As soon as religion is mentioned, I switch off. That counts out a lot of American YouTubers tbh.

They're selling the house to go travelling around Europe? I've read that they're broke? What was their down fall?

Because they're selling their house to fund it and hoping their travels brings views on YT to make money apparently. I don't follow them closely enough to know if that seems like the plan.

I agree with the broke theory, no way would they up and leave that house so suddenly if they didn't need to. She once said she'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming from that house as she loved it so much. They've only recently given the master bathroom a makeover and finished off other rooms. They're even selling off the furniture in there right down to coat hangers and all her beloved halloween and xmas decorations too. Surely most items would go into storage until you get back? or at least store the favourite sentimental items with a family member?

She also launched a website for her vlogs to be shown behind a pay wall and said it was so she had more freedom with content but she was almost begging for people to sign up and got very salty with anyone who said they couldn't afford it, I think that was a last ditch attempt to bring the cash flow back.

Their house has increased a lot in value since they bought it so they will make a decent chunk. If they had any sense they'd buy smaller home with the profits, they'd only need a small mortgage on that if they did. What are the chances of being able to get another mortgage when they return from their travels? i'd have thought they'd have to show steady income proof for that and will they get enough views from the travel vlogs to justify that? Her views have been dropping hugely for a while on YT, she's just not relatable at all, she's smug and braggy and down right rude to her viewers at times, just the other day she said she didn't have time to babysit them and they needed to stop asking silly questions! she's not a nice person at all. Im curious how all this will unfold, they said they're not going travelling until Jan/fed 2023 so why the sudden rush to sell? Even on the announcement vlog she looks like she's been upset and he can hardly look at the camera. This is going to be interesting for sure.

Oh okay. Will definitely have to check out some of her videos again. I started watching way back when they were still living in that tiny trailer and Justin was a fireman. Their rise to the current house and „fame“ was insane tbh.

Travel channels definitely have become more and more popular and especially those with kids, so it could get them decent views but it‘ll come down to whether or not they find a niche within the travel community if those views stick.

Oh okay. Will definitely have to check out some of her videos again. I started watching way back when they were still living in that tiny trailer and Justin was a fireman. Their rise to the current house and „fame“ was insane tbh.

Travel channels definitely have become more and more popular and especially those with kids, so it could get them decent views but it‘ll come down to whether or not they find a niche within the travel community if those views stick.
Yes it will be interesting to see if they manage to make a go of it or not, she said they're planning to travel for a year staying in Airbnb's, they're taking their own car and both dogs. They've accepted an offer on the house and Meg said it's above asking price which was $745,000 and in cash so might complete quite quickly, I wonder where they'll live until they go travelling next year.

Omg I was just thinking I might start a thread for her...her husband creeps me the duck out. There is something so weird about him and about them

Reactions: 2
Anyone else watching the drama unfold? they sold everything, travelled to Europe to be "digital nomads for at least a year" but went home already, Justin posted a picture of Meg in bed looking frankly depressed a few weeks ago and there's been little to no content since then until the announcement they went back to the US and are house hunting, not sure how she'll spin this but my money is on her being back to YT sharpish.

Wait what?? How do you know they are already back in the US? I'm only following on Instagram as I refuse to pay for her videos, so clearly I'm behind but there is no indication whatsoever on there?

However I am not surprised at all. They had some pretty bad luck with some of their airbnbs and I think they were pretty confident they'd get the EU Visa so they could spend most of their time actually in the EU and not the more "unpopular" countries adjacent (I mean unpopular with the average American/Travelvlogger!). Also starting their whole trip at the begining of winter definitley wasn't smart either. Think they'll blame it on some sickness (both she and Julie have some sort of chronical illness, right?)

Can't see her going back to YT though. My guess is her website is generating enough money, so why go back to a place where the payment is worse and it's harder to limit comments etc.

Wait what?? How do you know they are already back in the US? I'm only following on Instagram as I refuse to pay for her videos, so clearly I'm behind but there is no indication whatsoever on there?

However I am not surprised at all. They had some pretty bad luck with some of their airbnbs and I think they were pretty confident they'd get the EU Visa so they could spend most of their time actually in the EU and not the more "unpopular" countries adjacent (I mean unpopular with the average American/Travelvlogger!). Also starting their whole trip at the begining of winter definitley wasn't smart either. Think they'll blame it on some sickness (both she and Julie have some sort of chronical illness, right?)

Can't see her going back to YT though. My guess is her website is generating enough money, so why go back to a place where the payment is worse and it's harder to limit comments etc.
She's added a video behind her pay wall but you can see the thumbnail and it says they're back in the US, I don't sub to her website so haven't seen the vlog but it was discussed on a US gossip site and i've been reading there, seems like she was emotional in the video and talking about finding a new house, it's also been touched on by youtuber headlines and radiant brit both on YT, Meg said on an instagram post they had a big announcement but has since gone quiet, im sure she'll post about it there once she's let people pay for the info first ;)

From what i've read she doesn't have many subscribers so the website isn't bringing in anywhere near the income she once got from YT, im intrigued to see where she goes from here.
---
lm.png

Last edited:
So are they taking down the lovemeg website?! I am so confused what is happening with them. Seems like a lot of their plans aren‘t working at all

So are they taking down the lovemeg website?! I am so confused what is happening with them. Seems like a lot of their plans aren‘t working at all
yes, they sold their house, went to europe to travel full time but then seemed to not enjoy it pretty quickly and moved back to north carolina, they were back weeks before she admitted it, she then added a new home vlog behind her pay wall and seemed pretty pleased to be back on social media but when it was quickly discovered it wasn't a house they had bought or were renting (as she alluded to) and was in fact an air bnb she took the vlog down, claimed it never uploaded despite people watching it and getting screen shots then did a goodbye vlog and said she felt unsafe and wanted a private life. It's all very odd and is quite the eye opener reading details about it.

I've read that she couldn't afford the website costs anymore and that she had had several warnings from the hosting site about exploiting her kids which is against their rules, there's also out dry about where their dog Molly is as many people believe she died on the their trip to europe.

• Wow
i remember this girls videos when she lived in a tiny home, bought second hand clothes and cleaned.
Then i saw her living in this big hideous mega mansion house and her boasting that her husband was the best travel agent ever and they were selling up and leaving. It's pretty crazy!
I would have thought cleaning videos would have been popular during Covid and travel - given the cost of living crisis wouldn't have been what her core audience cared about.
I just can't believe she got that rich so fast and that they changed so much.
What a strange strange situation

i remember this girls videos when she lived in a tiny home, bought second hand clothes and cleaned.
Then i saw her living in this big hideous mega mansion house and her boasting that her husband was the best travel agent ever and they were selling up and leaving. It's pretty crazy!
I would have thought cleaning videos would have been popular during Covid and travel - given the cost of living crisis wouldn't have been what her core audience cared about.
I just can't believe she got that rich so fast and that they changed so much.
What a strange strange situation
Isn't it? She stopped being humble, liked to brag....a lot, got too focused on the easy money that was coming in and had little to no regard for her followers, she did a vlog basically saying she didn't need to interact with her followers and owed them nothing, she also said to "the haters" you'll never cancel me, then she went and cancelled herself with her entitled behaviour and poor financial choices. Now she has a private instagram account, Justin has a job again and they're in a six month airbnb rental with hardly any possessions as they sold 99% of what they did have to be "digital nomads". She should have stayed in her double wide and created the content people loved her for. How the mighty fall.

So she's back, the 2.0 edition!
I noticed that too, she wiped all her content from the original channel and put up wallpapers instead but then renamed her other channel that was Hickman diaries (or something like that) to Love Meg 2.0 and is uploading old content. They're not even in that house anymore, seems she's missing the YT income already.