Love Lauren (Lauren Arthurs)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know im raging been asked to go to a wedding on a Wednesday next year, good friend of ours but so bloody awkward.

100000% but sure the things you do for the gram
I attended a Wednesday wedding before, i guarantee you that mostbof the day will be spent in small groups bitching about having to take the day off!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thats
I attended a Wednesday wedding before, i guarantee you that mostbof the day will be spent in small groups bitching about having to take the day off!
Given the circumstances with covid most people don’t have the options of days that would suit everyone now . I always wanted a Saturday wedding but after having to reschedule due to covid 19 the only date I could get was a Thursday. It is very stressful going with that day knowing people will complain , but also on the other hand whoever wants to be there will attend and then there is option of day 2 if people wish to attend but no pressure . I’m sure Lauren’s day 1 and 3 were optional. If I was off work I’d love a long celebration (for a close friend or family member anyways )

Reactions: 13
Thats

Given the circumstances with covid most people don’t have the options of days that would suit everyone now . I always wanted a Saturday wedding but after having to reschedule due to covid 19 the only date I could get was a Thursday. It is very stressful going with that day knowing people will complain , but also on the other hand whoever wants to be there will attend and then there is option of day 2 if people wish to attend but no pressure . I’m sure Lauren’s day 1 and 3 were optional. If I was off work I’d love a long celebration (for a close friend or family member anyways )
Ah look i get the covid thing and being stucj for dates/days, and while the person holding the wedding might say "i understand if you cant go" i feel like theres a huge obligation with weddings (everyone will think you a see you next Tuesbif you dont go) and a few weddings a year can put huge strain on a persons annual leave.

What really grinds my gears is the foreign ones that "you can just make a holiday of". Darling, i have less than 0 interest in holidays with your family and friends, i barely even holiday with my own!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ours in a Thursday. But it just means people can take a 4 day weekend is how I see it. I wasn’t spending an extra 3k just to have it on a Saturday… but my friends having it on a Wednesday which I do find such an awkward day.

I get the whole covid thing and issues with days and cancellations and availability. The next two years will be madness for weddings . I also get the more expensive thing on a Saturday and increased numbers for minumum capacity and all this lark.

My point was I wasn't expecting people to take a million days off for mine as I'm always the one bitching about taking days for others 😂 I'll still go and have a ball but I'll never say it to the bride and groom 😂 as most people said the people you will want to go will always go 😊

Reactions: 2
Ours in a Thursday. But it just means people can take a 4 day weekend is how I see it. I wasn’t spending an extra 3k just to have it on a Saturday… but my friends having it on a Wednesday which I do find such an awkward day.
How nice of you to tell other people when to take their holidays. You’re outraged that you should pay €3k extra, but have you factored in how much extra it’s costing your guests? Pushing costs onto guests is beyond tacky. I suppose you still expect gifts too?

Attitudes to weddings in Ireland are just so ridiculous - couples totally lose the run of themselves - beyond maybe your parents, nobody else cares that much. It’s like people (and Lauren is great example of this) think they’re celebrities being featured in OK or Hello, when in actual fact most Irish weddings are boring and unoriginal.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
How nice of you to tell other people when to take their holidays. You’re outraged that you should pay €3k extra, but have you factored in how much extra it’s costing your guests? Pushing costs onto guests is beyond tacky. I suppose you still expect gifts too?

Attitudes to weddings in Ireland are just so ridiculous - couples totally lose the run of themselves - beyond maybe your parents, nobody else cares that much. It’s like people (and Lauren is great example of this) think they’re celebrities being featured in OK or Hello, when in actual fact most Irish weddings are boring and unoriginal.
Well I’m not from Ireland 😂 I wasn’t telling people to take it as a 4 day weekend, just saying it was an option. Some of us don’t actually have mummy’s and daddy’s like Lauren that pay for everything and I’m having to fork out any own money. And no I am not expecting gifts at all from them. Don’t think there is any need to be so rude.

I get the whole covid thing and issues with days and cancellations and availability. The next two years will be madness for weddings . I also get the more expensive thing on a Saturday and increased numbers for minumum capacity and all this lark.

My point was I wasn't expecting people to take a million days off for mine as I'm always the one bitching about taking days for others 😂 I'll still go and have a ball but I'll never say it to the bride and groom 😂 as most people said the people you will want to go will always go 😊
I haven’t actually been to a Saturday wedding in years. I don’t mind taking a day off for someone I care for to celebrate their marriage. It’s one day out of my life to create memories.

Reactions: 11
See this is the thing...doesn't matter how you package it...I still need to take 2 days out of my precious annual leave! 😄 if it was a weds it would still be 2 days no difference 🤷‍♀️ all the best with the big day tho

Reactions: 6
See this is the thing...doesn't matter how you package it...I still need to take 2 days out of my precious annual leave! 😄 if it was a weds it would still be 2 days no difference 🤷‍♀️ all the best with the big day tho
It is pretty normal to not have a wedding on a Saturday these days 😂 like I said every wedding I’ve been to recently hasn’t been on a weekend and there has been no issue with their guests questioning whether to come. What’s a day or twos leave to spend a special day with friends or family.

Reactions: 3
It is pretty normal to not have a wedding on a Saturday these days 😂 like I said every wedding I’ve been to recently hasn’t been on a weekend and there has been no issue with their guests questioning whether to come. What’s a day or twos leave to spend a special day with friends or family.
A day or 2 is fine, but when theres 3 or 4 weddings in one year it feels like your annual leave is no longer your own. 4 weddings * 2 days AL is 8 out of possibly only 20 is a hell of a lot

Anyways your opinion is yours and likely not to change, and same with mine. Best of luck with your day

A day or 2 is fine, but when theres 3 or 4 weddings in one year it feels like your annual leave is no longer your own. 4 weddings * 2 days AL is 8 out of possibly only 20 is a hell of a lot

Anyways your opinion is yours and likely not to change, and same with mine. Best of luck with your day
True. People will just pick and chose which ones to go too won’t they if they have that many! Haha. I’ve been lucky and not had that many a year! Even if they can’t make the day and come for a few drinks in the evening!

But also mine is just one day… not Lauren’s 3 day parade, that will of cost a lot of drinks for people 😂

This might just be something that gets to me alone, but her spelling and grammar is woeful. ‘Copious’ written as ‘copies’, ‘could of’ instead of ‘could have’ etc.

Im a new follower, so the first few I figured were typos, but it’s every other post now and I can’t bear it....

Again, I understandably may be alone here, but it’s grating on me 🙃

Reactions: 14
I agree with the comment of Irish weddings being dull and boring. Everone does the same thing.

It’s all well and good taking days off for a wedding but when the bride announces a 2 night hen that kills me, and if it’s abroad it’s even more painful 🙊 There’s usually so many people on them you don’t catch up with anyone and it’s just a load of loud people shouting and roaring going around the place.

All hens should be one night. It’s another weekend taken out of the calendar which are usually bank holidays.

I don’t get the aggro about not attending a hen as long as you are going to the wedding. A lot of the Irish wedding scene is vacuous and narcissistic. No I don’t want to give up my bank holiday for a cocktail making class, themed weekend away and a blow up willy 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I agree with the comment of Irish weddings being dull and boring. Everone does the same thing.

It’s all well and good taking days off for a wedding but when the bride announces a 2 night hen that kills me, and if it’s abroad it’s even more painful 🙊 There’s usually so many people on them you don’t catch up with anyone and it’s just a load of loud people shouting and roaring going around the place.

All hens should be one night. It’s another weekend taken out of the calendar which are usually bank holidays.

I don’t get the aggro about not attending a hen as long as you are going to the wedding. A lot of the Irish wedding scene is vacuous and narcissistic. No I don’t want to give up my bank holiday for a cocktail making class, themed weekend away and a blow up willy 😑
Oh I can’t stand people that have expensive hens etc. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s the abroad ones that baffle me. Couple of hundred pounds

This might just be something that gets to me alone, but her spelling and grammar is woeful. ‘Copious’ written as ‘copies’, ‘could of’ instead of ‘could have’ etc.

Im a new follower, so the first few I figured were typos, but it’s every other post now and I can’t bear it....

Again, I understandably may be alone here, but it’s grating on me 🙃
I am in absolute agreement with you on all of this! Autocorrect literally does the job for you if spelling isn't your strength, so she must decide she knows best and over-rides it!

Proof reading is important when you have to present something publicly. Call me old fashioned but spelling and grammar are important and I judge someone's attention to detail and therefore commitment to what they are doing if they cannot be bothered to ensure it is correct!

The insta huns don't often pass the test!haha

P.S. 'Could of'....grinds my gears massively!

Reactions: 7
I am in absolute agreement with you on all of this! Autocorrect literally does the job for you if spelling isn't your strength, so she must decide she knows best and over-rides it!

Proof reading is important when you have to present something publicly. Call me old fashioned but spelling and grammar are important and I judge someone's attention to detail and therefore commitment to what they are doing if they cannot be bothered to ensure it is correct!

The insta huns don't often pass the test!haha

P.S. 'Could of'....grinds my gears massively!
She wrote ‘wouldn’t of’ in her last story and has made that error so many times. We all make grammar errors but I agree that taking time to check for mistakes would be positive. Goodness knows, with some of those girls’ spelling I’m surprised we haven’t seen a ‘wouldn’t’ve’ or the likes.

• Haha
Be lucky you get 20 days of Annual leave PLUS all
Of your bank holidays. Here in america the average is 12-14 days of AL.

Lauren will fade back into the influencers distance now as her only thing she has was her wedding, she is too dull to have any other relAtable content

Reactions: 7
Be lucky you get 20 days of Annual leave PLUS all
Of your bank holidays. Here in america the average is 12-14 days of AL.
I dont see it as lucky though, 20-22 is bare minimum to be honest. I have 25 now, and had 30 in a prior job.

America is just crap for workers rights.

Edited to add, soz everyone thats way off topic, but i am getting a right laugh that if Lauren comes on to this thread, she'll she theres so little interest in her wedding we're talking about annual leave entitlements in different jurisdictions.

All her wedding has done is serve as a reminder to many here as to how much they hate going to them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.