Love Island USA ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Will definitely be watching this, CBS is home of survivor my fave reality TV show and it's still good after 35+ seasons. Hopefully the editing is much better than itv and not as many mactors.

Reactions: 2
Yamen is amazing. The ovie of the place.
I'm an American, and so I can see where people say we're more open and outgoing ( not me haha) but you can see they've highlighted that here and so that's cool. But I miss the UK slang so far haha.

Alex was my favorite girl but her guy Michael is just too much... Too much arrogance. He can say he's not all about himself but it does seem like it at this point. Mallorys wit is cracking me up. Caro and Alana are beautiful, hell they all are! Caro and Cashel with the closeness is crazy considering she saw him as a friend and now the cuddles won't stop.

Weston being the token country guy is hilarious to me because I'm from the south too. Be interesting to see if he's actually a gent. I hope he ends up with Alex right now if he's her thing.

Love the coziness of the raining on the first night.

Kyra rubs me the wrong way already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Everyone is so much hotter. The villa is so much better with the sea views and tropical storms. Love that they're not going to play around with the editing and each day is a day

Michael isn't all that, him complaining about how difficult it is being that good looking. With that many prominent tattoos and approaching 30 he can't be booking that many jobs. Not surprised he hasn't had sex in a year.

Zac is hot, but seems pretty basic. He just got three bands tattooed on himself as it looks cool ๐Ÿ˜† good to have a cashier in there tho.

Mallory seems sweet.

Yamen is great, don't think it will work with his current coupling.

The southern guy seemed in much better shape on his photos, that all were old as he had no tattoos. I hope Kyra goes for him, he wasn't picked after all, she seems like the Maura.

The drummer seems fun, love that he's trying to win round Caro. Really like Caro. The drummer seems really young, I bet he's going to be going after alot of girls

They've imported "where's your head at" ๐Ÿ˜†

Still got 20 mins left but my tablet has died will watch the rest tomorrow..

The villa is ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ not sure what I think so far, but I will defo still watch it.The voiceover guy is a bit dull though. Our uk one and even the Aussie one last year is hilarious. But I guess the us humour is a bit dry anyway.

I've sent a few messages to a few of you, hope it helps!

People on reddit are saying Michael ( the Anton type of this year) is "kinda cool, hot, but too reptilian" because of his blinking. But me watching him sit there and talk to the guys, he moves his leg a lot as he blinks and it's almost ADHD -like. He might even have a set of tics, which my husband has and it's very similar. What do you all think once you see him?

Caro is just gonna be a live one!!! ( I can't quit thinking of the brand of corn syrup here haha)

Yamen seems the nicest and most genuine so far, and love his accent. Guess time will tell.

Can't stand cashel and his floodin' pants and sandals. I'm like Lucie and hate sandals and toes all popping out.

• Heart
The request messages were all deleted but if anyone is having difficulties do say so ๐Ÿ˜‰

Zac. You got a tattoo because you thought it was pretty. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ โ€œBut if it was to represent somethingโ€
It doesnโ€™t work for that way ๐Ÿ˜†

It like the basic Insta girls getting a tattoo of a dolphin on their foot and saying it was to โ€œrepresent the animals that were captured from their home waters to go in a display case at SeaWorldโ€ ๐Ÿ˜
you canโ€™t turn โ€œprettyโ€ into โ€œdeepโ€ for tv ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
I only watched 45 minutes so far Iโ€™m already off ๐Ÿ˜†

Last edited:
Just watched the first one .....its already 100% better than this years Uk one!

Think this proves that its better TV when they put normal people in the villa instead of handpicking wannabee insta plebs ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

If this bit isnt allowed Iโ€™ll delete it but you can watch it on tea tv

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree I think Yamen won't last with his current couple.

I took an instant like to Mallory actually which surprised me. I think she has more of a radar for assholes so I'm hoping she'll be able to see through some of the crap that will inevitably come. But she's still really sweet.

I feel Elizabeth is going to get hurt by somebody ( coughZAC)... Zac is very attractive, probably the most so to me in there, but his douchey personality and defending himself leaving that girl in his bed after having "2 second sex" after he ALREADY felt no chemistry... just makes no sense and puts me off. The fact that he's a cashier still living at home ain't great either haha, but good to have some normal folk in there. He seems a bit of a dud.

I've caught up!!!
Ok my thoughts so far.
Voice over dude is gonna have a rough ride, heโ€™s trying too hard to have the same banter as Ian (uk dude ๐Ÿ˜)
Nobody likes new ๐Ÿ˜’
Anyone whoโ€™s used to UK-Ian isnโ€™t gonna like USA-not Ian ๐Ÿ˜

Ok Iโ€™m gonna be honest here.
Thereโ€™s not enough drama yet,
Il be back when I can shade someone properly ๐Ÿ˜
But Iโ€™m still excited to watch ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

I've caught up!!!
Ok my thoughts so far.
Voice over dude is gonna have a rough ride, heโ€™s trying too hard to have the same banter as Ian (uk dude ๐Ÿ˜)
Nobody likes new ๐Ÿ˜’
Anyone whoโ€™s used to UK-Ian isnโ€™t gonna like USA-not Ian ๐Ÿ˜

Ok Iโ€™m gonna be honest here.
Thereโ€™s not enough drama yet,
Il be back when I can shade someone properly ๐Ÿ˜
But Iโ€™m still excited to watch ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Yeah there's really not. Maybe it's because I'm American but the slang in here is just unBEARABLE. "keep it real with me " "vibing" " dude, bro, maaaynn" et al. These are the types nobody wants to see because they're where all the stereotypes come from anyways, but I guess people in the UK and Aus feel the same?

I just watch tidbits until I find something dramatic enough.

I'm quite enjoying this, most of them are signed to a modeling agency but they still seem more normal.

Love how Michael has gone from complaining about how good looking he was to no one being interested in him and having to reassure himself what a catch he is ๐Ÿคฃ

The two new guys are not, they're all hot. Only 20 episodes so they must have lots planned to go off quickly.

Just watched EP 4. Were they implying Mallory is a gold-digger?

Michael dyes his hair way too black, really doesn't suit him. Love how he can't hide it on his face when he's pissed.

Cormac whole look is messed up if he doesn't trim his facial hair every morning.

Ot about CBS but hate how censored they are, if there's even a hint of a bluge they'll get their blur pen out.

No surprise Michael went, he did seem a dead ting ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm quite enjoying this, most of them are signed to a modeling agency but they still seem more normal.

Love how Michael has gone from complaining about how good looking he was to no one being interested in him and having to reassure himself what a catch he is ๐Ÿคฃ

The two new guys are not, they're all hot. Only 20 episodes so they must have lots planned to go off quickly.

Just watched EP 4. Were they implying Mallory is a gold-digger?

Michael dyes his hair way too black, really doesn't suit him. Love how he can't hide it on his face when he's pissed.

Cormac whole look is messed up if he doesn't trim his facial hair every morning.

Ot about CBS but hate how censored they are, if there's even a hint of a bluge they'll get their blur pen out.

No surprise Michael went, he did seem a dead ting ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…

Michael could NOT hide his upset and blinking when he was voted off. I really thought Caro would save him what with the kind of guilt trip he gave her about how they could keep saving each other as friends.

What did they say about Mallory? I didn't see that/ don't remember.

I thought Zac's heart shaved chest gesture was a little weird so early on, esp because he didn't laugh as in he was joking, he looked really serious and I just get the feeling he's gonna keep coming on really strong and make her fall/ trust him and then rip the rug out.

Yep, it's been so different watching the UK version, now I think us Americans are helicoptering too much ๐Ÿ˜…

Unpopular, but I still don't see what people like so much about Kyra and Cashel. Maybe it's the extremely laid back vibe, but I don't find him particularly manly or attractive, but that's just me.

What did they say about Mallory? I didn't see that/ don't remember
All the guys were chatting about her and saying she's in Vegas alot and likes guys that splash the cash, or something like that. They were all in agreement.

Cashel. Maybe it's the extremely laid back vibe, but I don't find him particularly manly or attractive, but that's just me.
He's hot, but I wouldn't trust him. I can imagine him getting with a different girl after every gig.

I'm preferring the us show, the voiceover guy isn't funny but half of the jokes on the UK one fall flat so at least he's consistent.

There's loads of people torrenting the show so is pretty popular, but even the fave cashel only has 6000 followers. On the UK one even the boring cast members gain tens of thousands after a day or two. Maybe the us audience sees them for the desperate people they are and has no interest in following them ๐Ÿ˜†

All the guys were chatting about her and saying she's in Vegas alot and likes guys that splash the cash, or something like that. They were all in agreement.

He's hot, but I wouldn't trust him. I can imagine him getting with a different girl after every gig.

I'm preferring the us show, the voiceover guy isn't funny but half of the jokes on the UK one fall flat so at least he's consistent.

There's loads of people torrenting the show so is pretty popular, but even the fave cashel only has 6000 followers. On the UK one even the boring cast members gain tens of thousands after a day or two. Maybe the us audience sees them for the desperate people they are and has no interest in following them ๐Ÿ˜†
Yeah haha, I do believe they're trying to say that about her. She was the one most shocked too when she found out Weston had only spend $20 on a date ever. Which is cheap I get it, but she seemed to be bothered. Not sure of anyones true character yet so only time will tell.

I had no idea it was going to be such a short season compared to the others though, that's crazy!

Ok, watched last nights episode.

-I'm proud of Zac for telling the new girls ( who appear to have more 'sex appeal' I guess we can call it) that he's really happy with Elizabeth. I know it's not just a facade either unless he's really good at acting, just because of the way he wanted to move on and just joke about something till the speed dating was over. It's endearing him to me for now. I do know that it's going to get real old real fast if they don't have any challenges though.

-Yamen was so lukewarm with Alana and you could tell he was ready to move on until now both new girls are interested, he seems shocked out of this world. It left on a cliffhanger where it looks like he doesn't want to go do the challenge with them.

- Cashel is the player I knew he was. He wants the new girl Christen now and it's mostly his "other brain" talking and the way he's laid it out to both her and Kyra has been not so straightforward. Christen says "now I get it" about the way he reels people in, but I'll NEVER get it. Guys that tend to attract the masses have put me off always though.

- Caro's voices have GOT to go. At this point I don't want her with anybody because she just drives me nuts. Anything that breathes, she wants to try it on with and I don't know what a real connection for her would look like. I don't even care if she's in there for the drama.

- I'm really happy for Dylan and Alexandra. They seem to really have a connection, same humor and just sweet. He's kind of a mix of Owen Wilson and Bradley Cooper and he'll be kind of a dud one minute and then have wit the next haha. Depending on how it goes I might want them to win more than Zac and Elizabeth.

-I don't get Mallory's issue. I like her alright but she's acting really weird about Weston. He wants to go for one of the new ones I think, I think he should, but Mallory is already insanely jealous but their physical encounters haven't even been good! She's not even really liked him, right? She's making herself seem like all she cares about is her position on the show.

So far, I just really don't like this version as much as the UK. The editing isn't as good and the conversations are a lot duller. Now I REALLY get the American stereotypes.

Iโ€™ve tried to defend the voice over dude, I think it was a hard role to fill but Jesus Christ heโ€™s bad.
I rather no commentary at all.
Iโ€™m really trying to get into it but, Iโ€™m not loving.
it at all. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Agree with all of that @leigh213 . Knew cashel would move on to girl number 3after a few days.

"I like a guy that's clean, but not too clean" from the new girl ๐Ÿ˜

I've given up on the UK one, prefering this as it's less contrived. The voiceover guy was kinda funny with the "vibes based" jab at cashel.

The last episode was great just for the jealous eyes!
PSX_20190717_221310.jpg