Love Island UK Season 2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she regretted as soon as she woke up the next day and realised that Alex wasn’t actually interested in her. She walked into the bathroom shaking her head and looking really sheepish, then when she saw the other girls reactions I think it started to hit her that they all thought she was foolish for sleeping with a guy who was interested in someone else.

The difference in language and attitudes to Alex and Zara both doing the same thing was dreadful, but again I think it was more because everyone knew he had zero interest in Zara. If Olivia and Alex had gone to the hideaway that night and slept together, I doubt they would have got the same reaction that Alex and Zara got.

I wasn’t suggesting that she should be regretful, just that it was clear that she was. I think she slept with Alex as a power move, to try and show Olivia that she could get him and to try and warn Olivia off him, but it didn’t work.
I think you’re spot on with this. Because Zara seemed to see herself, as in competition with Olivia from practically day one.

It seemed a dick move to me, to pick a guy that had shown you no interest, but did to the girl you were in ‘competition’ with. Alex kept saying; ‘I don’t know why she’s chosen me’.

Yet, after some booze and a girl offering it on a plate, he had his end away 🤣

Reactions: 6
Oh Alex was definitely in the wrong - he should never have slept with Zara when he was interested in Olivia. But this is where the alcohol not being limited comes into play again, I think - after a few drinks his judgment was probably impaired - if he’d been completely sober I think he would have found it easier to go back to the main villa. I suspect toxic masculinity played its part too, the same kind of toxic masculinity that meant Adam thought it was fine to talked about F*cking and chucking Liana - thankfully, those kind of discussions have lessened in later series (along with the emphasis on the boys’ numbers - Terry 500, Tom - 250? 350? - I don’t think they’ve included numbers in games in the last few series, have they?)

I’m now on episode 38 and it’s sad to see Sophie getting herself in such a pickle. She really did flirt with Katie and lead her on and then do a U turn as soon as she thought the public were angry with her behaviour. It’s sad to see just how easily she was swayed, she goes from saying she had her real bubbly personality back now that Tom had gone, to talking about being in love with him immediately after the Tweet game.I don’t think she ever intended to hurt anyone, I think she was just overthinking and worrying about how she was perceived on the outside. Absolutely no judgement from me - I would be a complete nightmare on reality TV, I’d torture myself with how I was coming across and second guess every decision.

Reactions: 8
Oh Alex was definitely in the wrong - he should never have slept with Zara when he was interested in Olivia. But this is where the alcohol not being limited comes into play again, I think - after a few drinks his judgment was probably impaired - if he’d been completely sober I think he would have found it easier to go back to the main villa. I suspect toxic masculinity played its part too, the same kind of toxic masculinity that meant Adam thought it was fine to talked about F*cking and chucking Liana - thankfully, those kind of discussions have lessened in later series (along with the emphasis on the boys’ numbers - Terry 500, Tom - 250? 350? - I don’t think they’ve included numbers in games in the last few series, have they?)

I’m now on episode 38 and it’s sad to see Sophie getting herself in such a pickle. She really did flirt with Katie and lead her on and then do a U turn as soon as she thought the public were angry with her behaviour. It’s sad to see just how easily she was swayed, she goes from saying she had her real bubbly personality back now that Tom had gone, to talking about being in love with him immediately after the Tweet game.I don’t think she ever intended to hurt anyone, I think she was just overthinking and worrying about how she was perceived on the outside. Absolutely no judgement from me - I would be a complete nightmare on reality TV, I’d torture myself with how I was coming across and second guess every decision.
There was a scene where Emma was talking about what she thought the difference was between Sophie and Tom and her opinion was that while he had his faults, he wasn’t nasty and Sophie was and I genuinely believe it was the other way around. Sophie was very vulnerable but I never once thought she had a nasty side to her.

Reactions: 12
There was a scene where Emma was talking about what she thought the difference was between Sophie and Tom and her opinion was that while he had his faults, he wasn’t nasty and Sophie was and I genuinely believe it was the other way around. Sophie was very vulnerable but I never once thought she had a nasty side to her.
Emma was a dick!

Reactions: 10
Has anyone seen the things Cara has been posting? It feels like it’s abit of a dig at Olivia and Alex

Reactions: 1
Oh no, but elaborate!
She put something yesterday about press saying things about ex islanders who has done the best etc then today she has put a post on about how the runners up are the real winners. I agree with her that they shouldn’t be writing things like that but it definitely feels like a dig she’s saying they are genuinely happy.

Terry saying he slept with over 500 people, Tom claiming 350...I was doing the maths on it as they were 28 and 24 respectively at the time. They'd need to be hooking up with someone new every week since they were 18 years old. And that doesn't account for any downtime due to illness or unforeseen circumstances lol. Or being in a monogamous relationship! Absolutely full of it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Terry saying he slept with over 500 people, Tom claiming 350...I was doing the maths on it as they were 28 and 24 respectively at the time. They'd need to be hooking up with someone new every week since they were 18 years old. And that doesn't account for any downtime due to illness or unforeseen circumstances lol. Or being in a monogamous relationship! Absolutely full of it 😂
Their numbers made me think of that quote in American Pie 2, where you divide the number by 3 and that's the real number (it's still a lot, but more realistic!!)

• Haha
They were 100% exaggerating. I don’t think I’ve even met 500 men, never mind slept with them and I’m 28 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think Terry’s number was more accurate than Tom’s - Terry slept with 2 girls on the show within a day or 2 or them meeting, right? He had a very easy confidence with women, he definitely wasn’t used to being turned down. I reckon he was the type to spend a summer in Ibiza and find a different girl every night. Whereas I think Tom put in a number that he thought would impress (it doesn’t).

It’s funny how much has changed between series. Brad, arguably the best looking OG male this season, made a big deal about not hooking up with many women in his intro. He said he hadn’t been on a date since 2019 but he was the biggest player in the villa at the start! I think they’ve (producers and contestants) realised female viewers aren’t fans of the boys who seem like one night stand junkies, whereas the guys on series 2 were very much about being players.

I’ve finished the series now and a couple of things stood out. Firstly, I really miss Caroline as presenter. She was so warm and fun and really connected with the contestants. In her interview with Olivia and Alex, she seemed to really relate to Olivia.

Secondly, Olivia was really vulnerable - the producers did her and Alex so dirty with the lie detector challenge.

Thirdly, it’s so lovely to see how long lasting the relationships were - 2 marriages, 2 children and Kady and Scott even made it a couple of years which was impressive considering she was only 20 at the time.

Emma was a dick!
She was,
But I thought she was very beautiful in face and body.
On rewatching I found it so hard to conceive she was only 19 at the time.
Terry, with all his experience, exclaimed how experienced she was “ much more than Malin” .. his words not mine. As if poor old Malin didn’t feel bad enough already.

I’m missing this season so much after rewatching it, I’ve watched 5 episodes of season 3 and I’m bored - do I carry on?

I’m missing this season so much after rewatching it, I’ve watched 5 episodes of season 3 and I’m bored - do I carry on?
Yes, carry on! That was me too, to the point that I actually scrapped it, watched all of S4 then went back to it. It’s worth watching, although def not my favourite. It’s worth watching for Theo alone to be honest when he arrives! Haha!

It was definitely my favourite season but jesus it wasn't half problematic at times 😂

Terry and Emma shagging - I only recently realised he was 28 and she was 19, yikes 🥴
Emma in general, she was clearly parachuted in to duck with Sophie and Tom
Zara and the hideaway incident - I think she was very naive and don't think she should have been put in that situation
Adam's weird vibe towards the girls, clearly thought he was better than Liana (and her burnt lips 🤭)
Tom definitely had roid rage. Sometimes he seemed ok but I think that was him trying to tone it down. The way he spoke to Sophie was horrible at times, like when he quietly told her to "never speak to him again like that" - I think that's actually scarier than someone full-on shouting
Where to start with Scott and Kady :rolleyes: I always thought he was one of the best-looking guys from LI but 28 years old and arguing like that with a 20 year old girl - NAH. Kady was just as bad but the two of them together was always gonna end in tears

Reactions: 14
So I have already sacked off this year and am rewatching series 2. Such a good series. Literally hooked from ep 1. Great contestants, great tasks, good chats! Such a shame it can’t be like that still!

Reactions: 3