Love Island UK 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Too early? :LOL:

The usual run of eight weeks is a long time but this year they want you available for at least ten weeks, so you could easily be gone for three months!!! When you flog your franchise too much you ruin it and people get bored of it like with Big Brother. They should stick to eight. If anything I would knock a fortnight off rather than add a fortnight.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Agree and after watching the latest Geordie Shore shambles where they’ve tried to replicate love island but very poorly, it’s not making me look forward to it 🤣 I’d only want it longer if they create entertainment not at the risk of the contestants mental health of course. Oh, and a more normal representation not just PLT models :/

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I see shithead Whitmore is on the defence about presenting LI....said she was never a doubt blah blah blah. It's going to be a long season 😪

Reactions: 4
Does anyone actually watch the after sun yoke with Whitmore?
I watched it last season....wasn't great usually had 3 guests on the couch and were constantly arguing sticking up for their favourite contestants and the 3 guests were apparently well known in UK. I hadn't a clue as I'm Irish and wouldn't be up on English z listers.

But they never really tackled the important stuff like the racism from Danny etc....
Also you would see Laura Shitmore reading her cards when camera unexpectedly zoned in on her . She had no vibe with islanders when interviewed them avoided tough questions fashion was terrible BUT I still watched as it was my first LI and I was sooooo bloody invested.

Reactions: 6

Glad the producers are wise to it. I don't want to see a situation like what Celebs Go Dating had with Jessika Power being on the show when she had a boyfriend waiting for her away from the show.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'd love for the next series to be with older contestants (late twenties to mid-30s) who aren't already 'influencers' and don't already have a massive Insta following. And people who don't all look like carbon copies of each other!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Laura has been welcomed back for another season I see 🙄 She’s an absolute terrible host, would have loved to see someone like Maura take over instead

Reactions: 28
Laura has been welcomed back for another season I see 🙄 She’s an absolute terrible host, would have loved to see someone like Maura take over instead
Yeah heard that, at a huge salary too🙄
She’s just terrible on Aftersun, I never know who the main guests are as when she introduces them she raises her voice and doubles the speed of the same, as I don’t know who a lot of her guests are this isn’t helpful.

Reactions: 3
The host is barely on the main show. It’s the after sun show where they need to change it up. I think AJ Odudu would be a brilliant host. She hosted MAFS and did a great job- very fun, engaging and did not shy away from asking questions.

The producers made a bizarre choice keeping Laura with the new one show being extended. The perks of being with the hubby.

Reactions: 13
I’d like to see them disclose how many contestants actually applied, versus those that were scouted from Instagram.

Reactions: 16
I think they only keep Laura on bc her hubby would make a scene if they didn't. He would threaten to leave & although he good at the job, someone else will be just as good if not better & wouldn't be dragging the show down with his boring wife.

Reactions: 18
I think they only keep Laura on bc her hubby would make a scene if they didn't. He would threaten to leave & although he good at the job, someone else will be just as good if not better & wouldn't be dragging the show down with his boring wife.
I don’t like her husband either, his jokes are not funny in the slightest to me and his voice.. 🤢🤮

Reactions: 12
D090117B-0D24-4D7F-AEE0-CD2CA8ACB498.jpeg

Boring now 🥱

No offence but filler faced girls and basic boys. Please try harder and do better!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
View attachment 1281783

Boring now 🥱

No offence but filler faced girls and basic boys. Please try harder and do better!
Do you lot not agree that they always do poorly in selecting the boys? Feel like the women are always stunning but the boys tend to lack with only 1 or 2 being really fit, the others are always … meh?

*Edit: although I don’t feel many of these girls are my ideal of gorgeous, anyway. They all look the same?? I’ve seen prettier, more unique girls in my local chippy.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
In a series which was full of scouted people Ovie showed you can get great islanders that apply so I don’t get why they don’t take more people from applications

• Heart
Reactions: 24
the first boy on the left was on a dating show last year. Ready to mingle. Pretty sure he had a gf then so will be interesting if he’s ditched her for LI fame
It’s funny when they go on Take Me Out, or Dinner Date or literally any bleeping TV show they can get on before they get Love Island. Could you BE anymore desperate for clout and fame 😭🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.