Love Island 2019 🇬🇧

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn’t going to watch, because I tried to watch it for the first time last year and just couldn’t get into it - though I did love Dr Alex - however, now Curtis Pritchard is confirmed I might have to watch for him. I have a soft spot for cute Pritchard brothers. 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Watched the last 2 but not bothering this year. It's too scripted and contrived and I'm sick of seeing the fake relationships all break up obviously after the contractual period. I still follow Camilla and Jamie, seems one of the few genuine couples from it.

Reactions: 8
Ill be watching no real thoughts yet on them except for the fact that a lot of the guys said their ideal type of woman are blonde women who like the gym. Doesn't really open up for much couple wise if they all like the same type of women.

• Haha
Yup, I'll be watching, can't wait! *Runs off to locate water bottle* 🤣

follow Camilla and Jamie, seems one of the few genuine couples from it.
Cara and Nathan are still together, they have a little boy. And didnt Olivia and Alex get married? Both from 2016 one mind you, it's changed since then. I loved that one!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yup, I'll be watching, can't wait! *Runs off to locate water bottle* 🤣

Cara and Nathan are still together, they have a little boy. And didnt Olivia and Alex get married? Both from 2016 one mind you, it's changed since then. I loved that one!
Jess and Dom from 2017 are married and expecting a baby. I absolutely love it, its my (secret) guilty pleasure as i would be mortified if anyone in my work found out that I watch such a programme (not to sound braggy but I have a fairly senior role in a large corporate) .. I get totally emotionally attahched to all of the islanders, its ridiculous 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I looooveeee it. Like unashamedly so! Although the lack of body hair on all the boys this year is freaking me out. They all look like babies. Also Tyson Fury’s brother has exactly the same strange shape shoulders as his brother

I do love it although wish they chose normal people rather then those with large insta following on connections to previous contestants

Reactions: 11
Jess and Dom from 2017 are married and expecting a baby. I absolutely love it, its my (secret) guilty pleasure as i would be mortified if anyone in my work found out that I watch such a programme (not to sound braggy but I have a fairly senior role in a large corporate) .. I get totally emotionally attahched to all of the islanders, its ridiculous [emoji23]
I get you. I work quite high up in the legal world and only can talk about it to a selected group of friends outside of work and a burner Twitter account lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone watch the aus version too!? 🤣
I bloody loved them both but love island Australia had so much more drama!!!

@Impleo 😬 drop that grab your towel

Reactions: 6
Yes I watched the Australia one, it was much better than the uk one! There is another one this year and America is launching their first one too this summer

Reactions: 2
Anyone we are loving already? Disliking?
The Scottish ones always make me cringe as I'm from Glasgow, no one is making any great impact on me so far, but I am always the same until i get to know them a bit more. There is a page on instagram called "madeinpoortaste" who has done a grid post giving his own opinion based on their photos alone, its hilarious.

I get you. I work quite high up in the legal world and only can talk about it to a selected group of friends outside of work and a burner Twitter account lol
A burner twitter 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
Anyone else eye rolling over all the virtue signalling from some instagrammers over the cast announcements? Look I'm a 35 year old mum with a wrinkly tummy, I've accepted that my body has changed but I still think wistfully about what I once looked like in a bikini. Anyone who actually watches love island knows that the contestants looks soon become like wallpaper its personalities that come out and make the show so addictive!
As for linking the suicides obviously two completely tragic incidents BUT the coroner said after Sophie Gradons inquest that she had mixed alcohol and cocaine and this had altered her mental state quite a bit. I don't know about Mike. But I think (and obviously I am just speculating here) that Sophie's death had a lot more to do with that chemical mix than it did with having appeared on love island.

Reactions: 1
Don’t understand the love for that Fury - he’s built so weirdly all I see when I look at him is a subbuteo football figurine!
Curtis looks sweet. But I have a feeling he’s going to end up like dr Alex of last year. Most of the guys look really... what’s the word, primed? Very... put together, almost doll like!

This will be my first time watching it this year I watched halfway through last season.

Don’t understand the love for that Fury - he’s built so weirdly all I see when I look at him is a subbuteo football figurine!
Curtis looks sweet. But I have a feeling he’s going to end up like dr Alex of last year. Most of the guys look really... what’s the word, primed? Very... put together, almost doll like!

This will be my first time watching it this year I watched halfway through last season.
Yep exact carbon copy of his barrel chested brother!

Is the AUS version as good as the AUS version of Married At First Sight? If so, I am in!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.