Love Island 2019 🇬🇧

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to wait until I’ve watched them a few days before I make my mind up. Can’t wait though. One more sleep! 😁

Reactions: 3
Yay a Love island thread!!!!! Now I can combine my 2 guilty pleasures..🤣

Has everyone see The Sun (please don't judge, it was on my celeb gossip thing!) Today?
Old photos have emerged of one of the contestants Anton I'm black face as Mr T.
Marcelle from blazing squad has publicly spoken out saying he should be kicked off, and I agree.
They'll have to won't they?

• Wow
Every year I say I won’t watch 🙈 but I watch and get addicted!! I have to say the Australian love island was SO SO good!

Reactions: 6
I only watched it properly for the first time last year! And that was only because I thought it might be nice to have something to chat about with my 2 teen daughter's. It really was the best decision, we chatted loads about it, I felt down with the kids haha! Looking forward to conversations with my teens again this year, it's been a while 🤣 once I got into it I binged the other series on Netflix as well! LOVED season 2! Might have to search out the Australian one this year as well. It's nice having another one to watch at the same time!

Reactions: 7
Anyone else eye rolling over all the virtue signalling from some instagrammers over the cast announcements? Look I'm a 35 year old mum with a wrinkly tummy, I've accepted that my body has changed but I still think wistfully about what I once looked like in a bikini. Anyone who actually watches love island knows that the contestants looks soon become like wallpaper its personalities that come out and make the show so addictive!
As for linking the suicides obviously two completely tragic incidents BUT the coroner said after Sophie Gradons inquest that she had mixed alcohol and cocaine and this had altered her mental state quite a bit. I don't know about Mike. But I think (and obviously I am just speculating here) that Sophie's death had a lot more to do with that chemical mix than it did with having appeared on love island.
There was actually a woman who came out with some information after Sophie's death, saying she clearly had drug/alcohol issues and that her parents weren't accepting of her sexuality. I think they dated maybe or she mentioned being interested in woman. Her mother denied all of what the girl was saying, but then when the inquest came out about alcohol/cocaine, it did seem to match what this woman had revealed.

• Sad
Love Island wasn’t to blame for the death of Sophie or Mike. As previous poster said, Sophie had a mix of alcohol and drugs in her system. And Mike had been off Love Island for two years, had been on Celebs Go Dating and had filmed for Ex on The Beach, why not blame those shows. It’s all a load of crap to ignore that there were underlying issues for both that were not related to reality TV, this is just the easy target to blame.

Love Island has its flaws definitely, but I will still give it a watch without guilty conscience of it killing two people, because it didn’t.

Reactions: 8
Considering it’s gonna be on every night do we need a
“Live show discussion thread”
And a separate
“Gossip and media reactions thread” ?
For when the daily mail run 83 stories a day and members get kicked off!?
Or for conversations like this suicide/who’s to blame topic.

Just an idea 🤭

Reactions: 2
Considering it’s gonna be on every night do we need a
“Live show discussion thread”
And a separate
“Gossip and media reactions thread” ?
For when the daily mail run 83 stories a day and members get kicked off!?
Or for conversations like this suicide/who’s to blame topic.

Just an idea 🤭
Maybe see how it goes over next couple of days, whether the thread is busy enough to need to split it up a bit?

Also can we all just agree to not talk about the suicide thing here because it’s tiresome.

Reactions: 10
Maybe see how it goes over next couple of days, whether the thread is busy enough to need to split it up a bit?

Also can we all just agree to not talk about the suicide thing here because it’s tiresome.
Dont think the suicide thing should be talked about here at all

Reactions: 8
Amy is like a Hayley/Laura hybrid
They’ve legitimately recast the 2018 crew with new hair and new lingo.
A surfer, an air hostess, a beauty therapist. 🙄 the token “curvy girl” who’s tiny af.
Caroline Flack feeling her damn self 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I think Amber and Amy will struggle to string a sentence together but I like the other girls personalities. I think there’s more to them than looks.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.