Love is Blind - Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t like Gigi.... I just got the feeling she was acting all the way through it. Everyone else seemed like normal people on a reality show but she was so dramatic about everything, the way she acted and the way she talked it was just weird, like she was an actress playing a part

Reactions: 12
I didn’t like Gigi.... I just got the feeling she was acting all the way through it. Everyone else seemed like normal people on a reality show but she was so dramatic about everything, the way she acted and the way she talked it was just weird, like she was an actress playing a part
That’s the girl from Venezuela right? Completely agree. The showdown with damien after he jilted her felt especially contrived. She had an awful personality - pipped only by Amber. But Amber’s delusional desperation and unashamed bitchiness made for great tv - I could barely watch GiGi a lot of the time. Their arguments were excruciating. She became such an immature brat under any hint of pressure or criticism. All insecurity’s about people bleeping her over - abandonment issues as she says.
I took this pic to send to my friend while watching , because neither of us could ever believe her.
Her very mature and understanding response to being dumped (compare and contrast that fella working in sales, who thanked everyone for coming):
406A666E-59F3-40EE-807D-7F6117024CCB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just finished the show tonight and am currently watching the reunion. So glad to finally be able to look in this thread!
I feel like they are giving too much time to the Carlton/ diamond thing in that they were out early. On the other hand, he has a really unpredictable sometimes ugly temper and probable violent streak that should be acknowledged. I don’t like his character at all.
The ring apology was sweet in theory but basically another way to show off - then he sharply corrected diamond for standing up before taking the ring from him, like it mattered, so it all but confirmed he’s the exact same angry, controlling man. Anyone encountering this type should R.U.N
That said I found the bisexual revelations to be a huge mountain out of a molehill. I don’t get why no one else has said the same - did I miss something? He’s had relationships with men but he wasn’t currently in one was he ? Why does it matter who he had slept with in the past? Or if he finds men attractive too? Obviously if he’s in the closet that’s going to be problematic, but that charming personality would probably take care of any relationship first. Oh now I’ve spent ages on him too.

Amber and Barnett seem to have been enjoying his money and embracing her trashiness. They look like they've paid a lot of money to look terrible. His jacket 😳 Not to mention questionably close cut beard and he’s gained a significant amount of weight which could indicate he’s not doing so well - or not. Amber was a good looking girl (reminded me Sandra bullock) but blonde doesn’t suit her at all. I definitely thought she’d had a nose job on the show so may we’ll have done her boobs now.

I’m slightly ashamed to have given that much thought to such superficial speculation - tho they were clearly by far the most shallow pair. And Amber has a terrible personality. The intense way she was staring at Barnett at the altar was genuinely unnerving. And all the allusions to them having sex? Awful. He seems more checked out than ever in the reunion, despite claiming the contrary. He’s so cold and inanimate, it’s impossible to believe he has genuine affection for her - or anyone frankly. Their relationship was so dysfunctional onscreen it did make great reality tv (sorry , ‘social experiment’)
But does it not say a lot that neither of them had anything to add to the ‘final thoughts about love’ segment at the end of the reunion. Not even something glib and cliched like the others.

I have lots more thoughts but will be here till dawn if I share them all...one thing.

About Cameron and Lauren, i Swung back and forth. He definitely had a very awkward attitude that essentially was creepy. As was the way he was always grabbing her .
But seeing how genuinely happy Lauren seemed on the reunion was very heartwarming, she had so much to say about visiting his family in Maine! It was nice to see an example of true head over heels love -such a stark contrast to Barnett and Amber.

Because of Lauren I gave Cameron the benefit of the doubt. I know he mentions a 2 year relationship but his awkwardness seemed to suggest an inexperience with women. Hopefully the touchy feely stuff was also him getting used to being in a physical relationship with a woman who looks like Lauren.
I’ve got to admit I probably would have a problem if my fiancé told me they where bisexual and had relationships with men in the past. Not homophobic in the slightest bit for me it would be a problem. Carlton was vile I think he’s probably gay and very insecure about it which is why he’s so defensive.

Amber is pure trailer trash I cringed so hard when she met Barnetts family!

Also Cameron creeped me out a bit too but I did think it was genuine and Lauren seems so happy so good for them.

Reactions: 7
The reunion was boring to me, all the good bits were in the trailer. I am so happy for Lauren & Cameron, I really like them & feel they are genuine. From what I've seen of them online as well they seem really smitten.

Reunion proved to me I still can't bare Amber, she's false as they come & definitely in it for the wrong reasons. I can't make out if I'm surprised or not that they are still together, given her possessiveness though maybe I'm not surprised. Did enjoy her having a go at Jessica though.

I can't stand Gigi, I was rooting for them in the beginning but agree with others how she came across as an actress. She seemed to pick fights out of nowhere, I still can't get my head around that fight where she is in the kitchen & randomly says how she's never told him it was the best sex of her life. Massive drama queen.

I'm glad to see Kenny has moved on, I really liked him! He seemed like a nice lad & quite genuine.

The Carlton thing bored me, no disrespect but that just seemed dragged out. I don't think anyone cares about his sexuality, but I think most would agree he could have been upfront initially. They were in the pods, surely some level of not revealing your full identity is a comfort for speaking about something he is clearly not comfortable with?! That's just my opinion though. I felt giving the ring back was so staged, they should have skipped that & let Diamond talk more about her PhD, I'm so interested about that.

I can't believe there were more engaged couples, I wonder who they were & what happened with them?!

Reactions: 5
That’s the girl from Venezuela right? Completely agree. The showdown with damien after he jilted her felt especially contrived. She had an awful personality - pipped only by Amber. But Amber’s delusional desperation and unashamed bitchiness made for great tv - I could barely watch GiGi a lot of the time. Their arguments were excruciating. She became such an immature brat under any hint of pressure or criticism. All insecurity’s about people bleeping her over - abandonment issues as she says.
I took this pic to send to my friend while watching , because neither of us could ever believe her.
Her very mature and understanding response to being dumped (compare and contrast that fella working in sales, who thanked everyone for coming):
View attachment 92101
She did come across so much better in the reunion episode.... maybe she watched herself back and realised how embarrassing she was lol

I totally get what you meant about Cameron seeming creepy. He’s just awkward I hope? She’s looking for a protector I think, and he was so stable, so into her, and so respectful. I liked him although I prefer my men with a bit of spice.

I don’t really think there were many likeable people tbh. K&k were ok, but dull. And I wanted them to explore why she had trouble orgasming. That was such a weird thing to just drop in and then never mention again? Like did she mean she wasn’t attracted to him? Is that why she said no? He was fine and a good match to her I think.

yeah I completely agree about Carltons red flags🚩 behaviour. When he called her a witch and made a comment about her hair? Absolutely foul. Egomaniac.

Reactions: 2
Ok peeps
So Lauren and Cameron have a YouTube channel
It’s called Hanging with the Hamilton’s
If you wish to check it out
😊

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wanna know more about why Barnett took on Amber's debt. That's a huge thing to do, but I guess they're making it work?

I read some where that Amber was in the middle of a legal battle due to a leg injury from work but wasn't allowed to discuss it in the programme and that was why she wasn't working.

I read some where that Amber was in the middle of a legal battle due to a leg injury from work but wasn't allowed to discuss it in the programme and that was why she wasn't working.
It's on her instagram, she's walking with a boot supposedly during the 6 week filming process and couldn't work because of the dispute with her employers (Hooters if you're wondering). As someone pointed out to her she could have lost her claim appearing on tv in heels. She won it apparently but obviously the tv footage is only out now.

I binged 10 hours last Saturday! So addictive. The reunion is crap tho really dull, why do Nick and what’s her name get to host anything they are wooden

It's on her instagram, she's walking with a boot supposedly during the 6 week filming process and couldn't work because of the dispute with her employers (Hooters if you're wondering). As someone pointed out to her she could have lost her claim appearing on tv in heels. She won it apparently but obviously the tv footage is only out now.
Hooters! I wasn’t expecting that...! 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Did anyone notice when Gigi and Damien were arguing in the car when his parents didn’t want to meet up with them that the scene kept showing her with a full face of makeup and applying mascara then a few mins later she had no makeup
In whatsoever but what they were discussing made the scene go as if they made up.. sorry if that makes no sense lol.

Also I can’t believe the reunion was a year after the weddings !! Does that mean they weren’t allowed to show their partners on their social media until the reunion had aired ??
I noticed this and was running on to my boyfriend about it but he wasn’t arsed! So glad someone else noticed - the continuity was way out

Reactions: 1
I watched and did enjoy it. But they kept calling it a social experiment 🙄

In that case would it not have made more sense to choose maybe overweight people, people with large birthmarks, with disabilities, things like that which might cause them to be overlooked? The cast are all good looking people who would probably be attracted to each other outside the show anyway 🙄

Just call it what it is! Trashy realty tv!

Reactions: 13

In that case would it not have made more sense to choose maybe overweight people, people with large birthmarks, with disabilities, things like that which might cause them to be overlooked? The cast are all good looking people who would probably be attracted to each other outside the show anyway 🙄

Yes! I made exactly the same point. They repeat the “experiment” line so much it starts to come across very defensive!
Totally seems like some kind of identity crisis on the part of the producers/ participants to accept its pure reality tv. Maybe it helped them commit to the relationships? Massive benefit of the doubt there.
Funny though that they would be so insecure about it and the show then going on to be a total hit - but a reality tv hit, no question.

The closest they got was Lauren and Cameron as a mixed race couple- but her dad was completely fine with it after all that build up.

Big Brother was a social experiment in series one, they had psychologists explaining how people were reacting, it was actually interesting... then the tv company ruined it.

Reactions: 5
I'm totally in love with Lauren, she is obviously stunning but her personality shines so much. I'm straight and I would marry her.

So its been renewed for another 2 seasons, I wonder if the people on it will be more interested in boosting their instagram profile than finding love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.