Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is with the matching outfits, it’s not actually the fact that they’re matching that bothers me. I have two girls with a 7 years ago gap so sort of similar, and while I don’t out and out match them, occasionally I’ll get them the same pyjamas (standard shorts and T-shirt type) and on holiday they had the same swimming costume- standard navy blue with a colourful stripe down the side. The thing that bothers me about Louise’s matching is… the outfits are absolutely hideous 😆😆 If she had them in matching leggings or jeans and ordinary colourful T-shirts probably no one would comment. If she put Darcy in those horrid Tory-MP-wife dresses on her own, not matching anyone, people would still comment how hideous and inappropriate for an 11 year old girl to wear. The fact she puts them both in such awful clothes just adds an extra layer 😆
that’s exactly it! while i don't believe that Darcy pushes the "matchy matchy" outfits in the way Louise is claiming - sure, she may not complain about having to wear matching clothes as Pearl because she knows it's expected of her, but that doesn't mean she actually encourages it - but even if that were the case, it's veyry clear that the matching outfits are very much Louise's choice. it wouldn't be so jarring and seem so weird if the girls wore matching pyjamas or similar leggings or whatever, and probably wouldn't be especially noticeable - it's the fact that Louise makes such a huge deal out of it - which give sthe impression that it's very much encouraged by her, not Darcy and is likely another behaviour fuelled by her concerns about blended families/the girls being half sisters etc etc - and the dramatically over-the-top ruffled, frilly dresses with ribbons and bows that she insists that they wear. whether Darcy likes to match with her little sister or not, i don't believe that she chose to wear such babyish outfits - especially those matching sailor dresses 🤦🏻‍♀️ - or those hideous knitted mini-politian suits! as you said, the clothes Darcy dresses are entirely inappropriate for an eleven year old, regardless of whether they match with her little sister! Darcy isn't a dress-up doll for Louise to play with, and she's at an age where she should be allowed, and encouraged, to wear what she likes, express her own personality and identity, and develop her own sense of style - not be expected to dress according to Louise's preferences, whether in ruffled toddler tutu dresses or weirdly formal attire, i which she looks painfully uncomfortable and embarrassed!

Reactions: 8
I’ve just looked at the fees for the school I assume Darcy goes to and Pearl is starting and wow! Louise better keep those ads rolling in!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
that’s exactly it! while i don't believe that Darcy pushes the "matchy matchy" outfits in the way Louise is claiming - sure, she may not complain about having to wear matching clothes as Pearl because she knows it's expected of her, but that doesn't mean she actually encourages it - but even if that were the case, it's veyry clear that the matching outfits are very much Louise's choice. it wouldn't be so jarring and seem so weird if the girls wore matching pyjamas or similar leggings or whatever, and probably wouldn't be especially noticeable - it's the fact that Louise makes such a huge deal out of it - which give sthe impression that it's very much encouraged by her, not Darcy and is likely another behaviour fuelled by her concerns about blended families/the girls being half sisters etc etc - and the dramatically over-the-top ruffled, frilly dresses with ribbons and bows that she insists that they wear. whether Darcy likes to match with her little sister or not, i don't believe that she chose to wear such babyish outfits - especially those matching sailor dresses 🤦🏻‍♀️ - or those hideous knitted mini-politian suits! as you said, the clothes Darcy dresses are entirely inappropriate for an eleven year old, regardless of whether they match with her little sister! Darcy isn't a dress-up doll for Louise to play with, and she's at an age where she should be allowed, and encouraged, to wear what she likes, express her own personality and identity, and develop her own sense of style - not be expected to dress according to Louise's preferences, whether in ruffled toddler tutu dresses or weirdly formal attire, i which she looks painfully uncomfortable and embarrassed!
I don't believe a word Louise says when it comes to stuff like that. Darcy 100% doesn't push the matchy matchy outfits.

I can imagine Darcy may be years ago (when realising HOW much her mother loves matchy outfits) mentioned how cute she also think it is to please her mum. But certainly not anymore.
As you said she doesn't protest - although I wish she would.😉

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel like it’s common sense that if you need part of a wall built… it’s probably a builder who does it 🙄

581A2188-40D0-4272-B828-32B7D20DE81F.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I feel like it’s common sense that if you need part of a wall built… it’s probably a builder who does it 🙄

View attachment 1533062
she honestly just asks stupid questions which she obviously knows the answer to because she knows it doing so will help boost her engagement figures as her followers flock to send her DMs to respond with advice. she can push the ditzy blonde act all she likes, but it's totally false and she is fully aware that she needs a builder to build a wall. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
If Darcy is the one pushing the matching outfits and she likes it to feel more connected or like a real sister to Pearl, maybe Louise needs to rethink how her own issues around the 'blended family' and how much she seems to talk about it all the time might be rubbing off on Darcy, and why would Darcy feel the need to prove that she is Pearl's sister through matching outfits anyway?

If what Louise is saying is true (which I doubt it even is tbh) then maybe some of Louise's own insecurities are being projected onto Darcy.

Reactions: 11
I’ve followed Louise on and off for awhile, and for the first time in AGES I watched her Insta Stories and it’s a different person speaking! Where did the posh accent come from???

You’ve hit the nail on the head here. The person with the biggest issues and hang ups about “ blended families” is Louise. The girls seem to see each other as sisters (and I imagine they’ll continue to do so in spite of their mother’s issues with their family structure).
As a small aside to this, maybe it’s because I don’t have kids but… do Darcy and Pearl need to have a crazy strong bond? I mean they’re sisters so it would be nice but they’re already clearly very different. I have two much older half siblings and we’re not super close (we didn’t grow up together) and I’m fine. I mean you want them to get on of course but children are individuals and it’s not really up to the parents whether they end up becoming best friends or not.

Reactions: 5
new thread:

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.