Louise Cooney

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree she was impatient. if things were gonna work out for her in NYC it was gonna take longer...and everyone is lonely in the beginning in a new place
Agreed, she should’ve given it a better chance, but to be fair COVID didn’t really allow her to truly become familiar with NY life. That was a shame. I do think she went there with a bit of a Sex and The City fantasy. The whole single gal, living solo in mid-town Manhattan schtick is great for a fictional TV show, but not very conducive to real life. She gave it a shot at least, but a reality check was seriously needed and she would have been better off to flat-share, and stay in her lane.

Reactions: 10
Omg will one of the Cooneys please train that dog to walk on a lead! She's not even a puppy anymore! I can't deal with anymore stories of the dog playing tug with the lead. It's really not funny, it's bad dog ownership.

Reactions: 6
Agreed, she should’ve given it a better chance, but to be fair COVID didn’t really allow her to truly become familiar with NY life. That was a shame. I do think she went there with a bit of a Sex and The City fantasy. The whole single gal, living solo in mid-town Manhattan schtick is great for a fictional TV show, but not very conducive to real life. She gave it a shot at least, but a reality check was seriously needed and she would have been better off to flat-share, and stay in her lane.
What confuses me is that she had ALREADY lived in NYC, she was working for Tourism Ireland over there....how did she not use those connections and reach out to old friends? I wonder did she just hang out with the same Irish crowd and when she went back to NYC they were either gone or she was left with the likes of the Fox sisters. That's why I don't understand how it didn't work out...because she knew the lay of the land but I think she expected everything to fall in her lap like it did in Dublin when she lived there and it just didn't. She was a mediocre model, blogger etc in the big pond that is NY.

Reactions: 7
What confuses me is that she had ALREADY lived in NYC, she was working for Tourism Ireland over there....how did she not use those connections and reach out to old friends? I wonder did she just hang out with the same Irish crowd and when she went back to NYC they were either gone or she was left with the likes of the Fox sisters. That's why I don't understand how it didn't work out...because she knew the lay of the land but I think she expected everything to fall in her lap like it did in Dublin when she lived there and it just didn't. She was a mediocre model, blogger etc in the big pond that is NY.
That's what I don't get either. Surely if she had lived there previously, she wouldn't have felt so out of place. AND she had a friend group over there, plus she had already gone home twice and her parents had come over once. I dunno what her problem was tbh - maybe she wasn't getting as many brand deals as hoped or something.

Reactions: 3
That's what I don't get either. Surely if she had lived there previously, she wouldn't have felt so out of place. AND she had a friend group over there, plus she had already gone home twice and her parents had come over once. I dunno what her problem was tbh - maybe she wasn't getting as many brand deals as hoped or something.
My feeling is she suffers with mental health issues and is dependent on others. Even taking her actions during Covid as an example..the girl can't stay still and is afraid to just be by herself for a day... and if she does spend a day at home she says how things are so tough. Just my take on it but I could be wrong and she could just be a f*** twit?

Reactions: 8
Suppose the difference is last time she had a real job so was going to work everyday and meeting people not just arseing around not doing anything

Reactions: 7
Id say it simply cost too much - no way she was making enough to cover cost of living etc so wasn't sustainable in the long run. Also the family visits/trips home would make me think she was homesick!

Reactions: 1
She was only ever really happy when hanging out of other people over there. She is miserable in her own company. It was a strange move, to move across the world and set up life all on your own when you can’t actually stand to be alone for five seconds. She definitely had high hopes for herself, when the rest of us could see what was coming a mile off. The longing to go back is what I can’t understand. She hot footed it out of there as quick as she could, hated the food, hated being alone, had no work, was miserable and home sick - yet she’s longing to get back at some stage? She should just scratch it off the list. The Romantic American dream isn’t for you. You’re not Sarah Jessica Parker after all, who would have thought. It didn’t work, grow up, move on and get settled here where she actually has a good support network and jobs. Yes Ireland isn’t half as glamorous but such is life.

Reactions: 5
I think Louise is suffering with the grass is greener syndrome. When she was in New York she wasn’t happy & now she is in Ireland she can’t wait to get back to New York. I’d say it’s likely she is bored of the influencer life. Freebies aside it has to be unfulfilling to try on outfits or try new hair tools everyday. Why she doesn’t use her degree to get a good job & do Instagram on the side I don’t know.

Reactions: 9
Yes she is actually well educated in relation to other influencers, she has a degree and a masters in marketing. At least she has that to fall back on when the gravy trail eventually ends

Reactions: 6
Yes she is actually well educated in relation to other influencers, she has a degree and a masters in marketing. At least she has that to fall back on when the gravy trail eventually ends
I wonder if people hiring for actual marketing roles would take someone who spent so long being an influencer seriously. Also wonder if she could even hack a real life high pressure marketing job that doesn't just involve taking a photo or video of yourself.

Reactions: 3
She hasn't diversified her income at all from swipe ups and #sp which is what I would be doing if I was an "influencer". Doubt she'd be actually any good at marketing.

Reactions: 1
She was only ever really happy when hanging out of other people over there. She is miserable in her own company. It was a strange move, to move across the world and set up life all on your own when you can’t actually stand to be alone for five seconds. She definitely had high hopes for herself, when the rest of us could see what was coming a mile off. The longing to go back is what I can’t understand. She hot footed it out of there as quick as she could, hated the food, hated being alone, had no work, was miserable and home sick - yet she’s longing to get back at some stage? She should just scratch it off the list. The Romantic American dream isn’t for you. You’re not Sarah Jessica Parker after all, who would have thought. It didn’t work, grow up, move on and get settled here where she actually has a good support network and jobs. Yes Ireland isn’t half as glamorous but such is life.
I live in N America and it is a complete culture shock when you first move, everywhere at home is small in comparison to the size of cities and even "small towns" here, so if you were used to being the bees knees at home it is nothing like that here, there's millions more people to compete with constantly 24/7, but once you settle in and become familiar with how things are here all those insecurities fade and you just get on with your life, but I'm sensing there was a minimal attempt made to fit in and enjoy a different society and culture. People loooonging for Irish food in NYC just blows my mind, what beige Irish food could you possibly be missing 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I live in N America and it is a complete culture shock when you first move, everywhere at home is small in comparison to the size of cities and even "small towns" here, so if you were used to being the bees knees at home it is nothing like that here, there's millions more people to compete with constantly 24/7, but once you settle in and become familiar with how things are here all those insecurities fade and you just get on with your life, but I'm sensing there was a minimal attempt made to fit in and enjoy a different society and culture. People loooonging for Irish food in NYC just blows my mind, what beige Irish food could you possibly be missing 🙄
I do miss Irish food too in terms of being able togo to the local to get food that isn't full of bleeping additives. I live in the South and you notice the difference. In saying that, there's SO MUCH CHOICE in Manhattan for food. She can eat great substantial salads there if she wants, there's literally everything! But she was ordering in meal services cause they were giving them to her for free(not 100% sure on that but why else would she order it)...of course it won't be the same as home, but that's the point of moving away from home - try something different.
It's been said above that she may struggle with being on her own and I 100% do think that's the case. She can't cope on her own because she doesn't seem to know what she wants from life. That's a really sad thing to see in a person her age, someone who can't even enjoy their own company. Honestly, her apartment situation was my dream ( I'd love to live alone, not sure my how husband will take that:p) but I guess everyone is different.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.