Louis Theroux- mums on the edge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was just in the process of writing a long rambling post about my thoughts on how appalling and inappropriate this programme was (and I usually love Louis'work) and then read the Independent review on it, and that says everything I thought, only written much better than I could have managed.

What really disappointed me was that he didn't mention once how scarce these vital units are. Most new mothers suffering from severe mental health problems are separated from their babies and placed in adult psychiatric units because there just aren't enough mother and baby units in the UK. Heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Was just in the process of writing a long rambling post about my thoughts on how appalling and inappropriate this programme was (and I usually love Louis'work) and then read the Independent review on it, and that says everything I thought, only written much better than I could have managed.

What really disappointed me was that he didn't mention once how scarce these vital units are. Most new mothers suffering from severe mental health problems are separated from their babies and placed in adult psychiatric units because there just aren't enough mother and baby units in the UK. Heartbreaking.
I couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately these mums were ‘the lucky ones’ (doesn’t feel right saying that) but it’s true as these units are sparse and like you say mother and baby are separated.

I also felt the lady with the 3 children really wasn’t ready to be discharged and go back into a full routine at home. Her face just screamed rabbit in the headlights and it was sad to see!

Reactions: 3