How did the covid-19 lockdown effect your weight. General thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve joined nutracheck. Been recommended it by a few people as there can be massive inaccuracies on MFP. I’m going to start walking, I was also an avid gym goer pre lockdown and missing it a lot but I hate home workouts!
Is nutracheck free ?

I was calorie tracking on fitbit and the same some inaccuracies - but it's a pain to add every single thing from scratch so bombed it off, if I have a good gage on calories through the day I've decided I'm ok to not obsess with it xx

Reactions: 1
Can anyone suggest a good fitness tracker? I had a cheap pedometer from ali express but it wasnt great!
I have about 3 stone to loose, I cant seem to shift the weight like i could when i was younger!

Reactions: 2
Joining as I have some timber to shift! Got married last May and have put on 2 and a half stone since 😱 - starting fresh today- redownloading MFP and stuck the Fitbit on charge after burying it in a draw some months ago 😔

going to try and do 10000 steps and cut all the snacks and fizzy drinks (not quite ready to ditch the gin but it’s okay with a soda water right?)
Shall we do weekly report of lbs lost/gained - I need to be held accountable I give full permission to shout at me 🤣😬

Reactions: 3
I bought a weight watchers pedometer from eBay
Really good as it asks for height weight stride and calculates how many steps you need to get moving for the day.
I love it and am always happy when it beeps that I’ve done another target.

Because mfp Is based on user uploads a lot of the information on calories or portion size is wrong. If found this On quite a few items, selected an item and the nutrition including calories are wrong in comparison to what’s on the packet.
Ah ok! I’ve noticed that a few times so just create my own item with the correct info then

I'm in too. Lost weight last year and piled it back on over the last few months. Not yet up to my heaviest yet but I will be if I carry on. So annoyed with myself!

Hi, I've been using my fitness pal for the last 5 weeks lost 9lb. The 1st 3 weeks of lockdown I ate everything in sight was awful so had to doing something to gain some control. I'm on 1400 cals trying to do hiit workout most days before work. It's hard but it's the only thing I can control at the moment everything else feels so crazy 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone suggest a good fitness tracker? I had a cheap pedometer from ali express but it wasnt great!
I have about 3 stone to loose, I cant seem to shift the weight like i could when i was younger!
I got this one! I would give it 5/5! My husband has a Apple Watch and it’s a cheap copy of that! Had it 6 weeks and it’s great!

Sending out an SOS (someone know the song?)

Anyway, TOTM has begun 5 days early. I put myself in a good mindset telling myself exercise, plenty of water and good food. Started the morning with a 3.5k run this morning....now the headache has creeped in and I've face planted two jam donuts and a wham bar.

Heeeeeelllp!!

Anyway, TOTM has begun 5 days early. I put myself in a good mindset telling myself exercise, plenty of water and good food. Started the morning with a 3.5k run this morning....now the headache has creeped in and I've face planted two jam donuts and a wham bar.

Heeeeeelllp!!
Have you drank lots? I fill up a 2 litre Squash bottle ( I know water is better but it’s sweet and sugar free)

Have you drank lots? I fill up a 2 litre Squash bottle ( I know water is better but it’s sweet and sugar free)
Yeah I started with squash to try and have a sweet fix but then the headache took over. I think I'm going to have a tablet and while the baby naps I'll close my eyes to try to reboot!

Heeeeeelllp!!
Own it, track it, move on!

These things happen and weightloss is not a smooth ride. What's important is that you acknowledge you've had a bump in the road, you pick yourself back up and get back to it!

Also you're a braver person than me, I can't even have jam donuts in the house cause they don't last five minutes 😂

Reactions: 2
Hey everyone! Can I join in too? I’m an absolute nightmare when it comes to food. I joined weight watchers years ago and lost all my weight, managed to keep around it for about a year then got ill and gave up smoking. Cue 7 years later and 5 and half stone later 😱 I love exercise and I used to do karate but everything I try I always revert back to binging and losing the plot after 3 weeks. I’ve stopped karate a few months ago as I feel too uncomfortable to move around properly and I’ve become so unfit. I broke my foot in jan so that set me back too, I’m trying to get out for long daily walks but limited right now as my foot still gets sore after an hour.

Anyway, I’ve tried every diet under the sun but I just can’t stick to it. I joined weight watchers online beginning of may as it’s free for a couple of months so I thought I’d try it. I track things on it but I’m still going over my points and having slack weekends - hence only losing 5lbs in may! But it’s something and I’ve printed off a calendar and stuck it on my fridge and marked down how much I lost last month and my aim is to top that this month.

Hopefully you lovely lot and this thread can give me some accountability and I can be motivated more!

Ps I downloaded the workout women app and it’s brilliant! Choose any work out, it’s all home based and they range from 5 minutes long up to an hour. There’s loads, like arms, tummy, legs and butt, wake up cardio (7mins long) I’ve been doing a couple and it’s so doable cos they’re not long workouts!

Good luck all! Let’s get on our way to being happier and being the best version of ourselves ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Joining! Did Slimming World last year and lost 12 pounds, sadly most of it has crept back on during lockdown. I’m walking for an hour everyday, and started Chloe Ting’s 4 week summer shred this week which I’m really enjoying. I love exercising and eating healthily, but can’t seem to get the balance right and always end up snacking! Alcohol is an issue too, I don’t have a problem but I think we are all guilty of drinking more than usual at the minute. MyFitnessPal has been a great help but not seeing much difference on the scales yet. Getting married next year and will soon be going dress shopping so want to be in some decent shape at least!

Reactions: 4
I think we need to stop thinking of it as a diet but as a means to a happier place in life. Think about two months from now, how much better you’ll feel, then think about two months from now if you still haven’t done anything about it. This is what I keep trying to tell myself.

I still have stuff like chocolate and crisps everyday and pizza once a week and ice cream and sweets. I don’t cut those things out just make sure they’re within my calorie goal. I will never understand low this and that or no carb, no sugar. For me this simply does not work. I eat what I want but in moderation.

The best info you can give yourself is to work out your TDEE and then your calorie deficit. Not everyone needs to be on 1200 a day or 1500 a day. If you are heavier you don’t need to cut so extreme as you will lose weight anyway because your TDEE will be higher. I think sometimes people go in too strong and restrict too much that it ends up being unsustainable. Find out exactly what you need to eat to lose as a start.

Reactions: 8
Well I supposed to weight this morning but after my Gousto tea yeasterday, my husbands shift got cancelled, Aunt Flo came and I just wanted wine and munchies, so that’s what I got lol. Today I’m now feeling like tit and have a banging headache and raging period pains 😩😩😩😩