Loose Women - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loose Women have had their day, I can't believe this outdated programme is still on. The Loose Women think their opinions outweigh everyone else's. I have come over from the Nadia Sawalha thread - she has her own channel on YT now and she and her husband get away with completely manipulating their subs - ITV claim there is nothing they can do because she is self employed so is allowed to continue to take money from subs, many of whom are very clearly vulnerable.
That's horrendous. I knew they had a YT but didn't know they were taking money. How exactly are hey doing it?

Reactions: 5
That's horrendous. I knew they had a YT but didn't know they were taking money. How exactly are hey doing it?
Honestly, go to the thread it's an absolute shocker. Her and her husband are complete scam artists.

This show definitely needs cancelling - none of these women would be employable without the show which says a lot.

Reactions: 10
I tried watching an episode on IT V Hub but gave up. It felt like one big advert, advertising what is coming up after every ad break, the tediously long competition promos and the regular adverts bunged in to the mix. I know ITV is commercial and make their money from advertisements but it seems excessive, considering that they have sponsorship which subsidises costs, surely they can make a healthy profit from 2 ad breaks (I don't mean just 2 adverts!). In order to get viewing figures to attract advertising business, they have to make us want to watch, and it feels like a chore at the moment.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember, back in the early days of Twitter (around 2010-2011), Carol McGiffin used to get pissed and then stay up half the night tweeting libellous bollocks... all of which would have mysteriously disappeared by the next morning?

EDIT

I don't watch Loose Women very often at all, but since working from home, I've caught it while prepping lunch. The only panellist who seems a halfway decent person is Janet Street Porter... Denise Welch has gone full Covid-denier, Gloria Hunniford relates EVERYTHING back to her own struggles, Saira Khan and Nadia Sawlaha seem to be in a competition-to-the-death to see who can humiliate their families more, Linda Robson seems to have her tea laced with Ritalin she's so laconic and mopey and don't get me started on Colon Nolan.
In my head I always say Colon too 😂😂😂

• Haha
Every single time they get Stacey and how swash on I switch off.

neither of them
Can speak properly.

joe cannot have been to school. His pronunciation of words is lazy andcockney.

it seems like they cannot be bothered to speak properly and somehow ITV loves them for it.

why do they use him for adverts. What appeal does he have?

they all talk about trolls yet all they do is troll others - live on air.
Gloria is very boring.

I also don’t think they need one person at home - they cannot catch up.
I love Janet though.

has she split from her guy?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I vaguely remember watching this when you had Kay as host (is she still there?) with Jackie Brambles I think it was and it used to be a sort of decent discussion show. Now it’s the TV version of Take a Break magazine. It’s such a shame because there aren’t many female fronted Tv debate/discussion shows and this could have been good but instead it’s so bad.

Remember when she was with that young bloke who was definitely with her for her beauty and dazzling personality *cough* and she wouldn't shut up about it? She is so deeply unlikeable. Horrid woman.
Isn’t she married to him now? Mark was it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m not sure if my tastes have changed or if the show really has gone downhill but I can barely stand to watch it now even as background noise. Most of the panelists are not likeable, they talk about utter shite most of the time and when they do have a more serious or interesting topic they aren’t informed and the segment doesn’t get nearly enough time.

I’d be all for an all female talk show with intelligent women genuinely discussing issues that actually matter with some laughs thrown in for balance of course, but Loose Women is not it.

Reactions: 12
I absolutely hate this program. I can't stand any of them.

I really don't know why anyone would watch it either. If I'm home, I'd rather watch bargain hunt on BBC1 🤣

Reactions: 9
I don’t watch it anymore. All they do is show us adverts with that ineloquent joe swash in it.

Reactions: 3
Every single time they get Stacey and how swash on I switch off.

neither of them
Can speak properly.

joe cannot have been to school. His pronunciation of words is lazy andcockney.

it seems like they cannot be bothered to speak properly and somehow ITV loves them for it.

why do they use him for adverts. What appeal does he have?

they all talk about trolls yet all they do is troll others - live on air.
Gloria is very boring.

I also don’t think they need one person at home - they cannot catch up.
I love Janet though.

has she split from her guy?
I was driving to work the other day and their Butlins advert came on the radio. Oh my God, it is awful. Stacey trying to sound super excited and giddy with Joe talking like a fake cockney. It was so fake and cringe.

Can't stand loose women, have the misfortune of having to see it when I visit my Gran who always has it on. It's an absolute pile of tit. All competing with each other to tell the funniest story about their friend or partner. Over opinionated has beens.

Loose woman... Not one of those Women represent any women I know.
Janet & Carol are so negative & there grumpy faces show it.
With all Carol been through with ill health you'd think sympathy & empathy might come easy.
As for Janet 😡she's had 9 lives on that panel. That btch should've been kicked off the panel a long time ago with her snobby comments about working classes... Who does she think watches Loose Women🤬 Furthermore Lets be Really Fuckng Honest... Its got no competition at that time..
It's just a show on in the background Gosh it's soooooo scripted...
My grandma watches it just to curse the panel😆
I think they need a revamp and to ditch All of them. And Not because of age I'm all for the elderly... Love the older ladies on Gogglebox.. But these women have said it all and are getting desperate to Change it up for ratings..you lost me 4 years ago.. GOODBYE👋👋👋👋👋 time for new opinions and faces that would be more grateful and representational🙋‍♀️😊

Reactions: 8
The panel needs scaling back. There are too many that come and go. I would get rid of boring Brenda (nice enough but adds nothing to the panel), Jane Moore (know it all and pretty irrelevant these days,plus she is kind of a hybrid between Janet and Carol, so doesn't really add anything), Stacey Solomon (very unpopular). I'd replace Stacey with an LGBT panelist (it is 2020 after all), perhaps Paris Lees or Anna Richardson.

They could have Mondays - Andrea, Coleen, Judi & Janet, Tuesdays - Andrea, Coleen, Linda & Kelle, Wednesdays - Ruth, Judi, New LGBT panellist & Denise/Carol on an alertnating rota to mix things up, then Thursdays - Christine, Kaye/Gloria Hunniford in rotation, Nadia & Carol, Fridays - Christine, Saira, Carol & Nadia.

The panel needs scaling back. There are too many that come and go. I would get rid of boring Brenda (nice enough but adds nothing to the panel), Jane Moore (know it all and pretty irrelevant these days,plus she is kind of a hybrid between Janet and Carol, so doesn't really add anything), Stacey Solomon (very unpopular). I'd replace Stacey with an LGBT panelist (it is 2020 after all), perhaps Paris Lees or Anna Richardson.

They could have Mondays - Andrea, Coleen, Judi & Janet, Tuesdays - Andrea, Coleen, Linda & Kelle, Wednesdays - Ruth, Judi, New LGBT panellist & Denise/Carol on an alertnating rota to mix things up, then Thursdays - Christine, Kaye/Gloria Hunniford in rotation, Nadia & Carol, Fridays - Christine, Saira, Carol & Nadia.
I think they just need to get rid of the mind numbingly ignorant, the irrelevant, the arrogant, the self absorbed, the unintelligent, the wilfully stupid and they’d be ok. Which leaves Pretty much Christine lampard and the other girl that looks like her.
It would also help if they stopped trying to be controversial on purpose. Get some people who actually know what they are talking about and use the right people for the right subjects rather than expecting someone like Jane McDonald to give an opinion on something like gambling laws in the UK

Get rid of all of them and keep Gloria.
All of them repeat the same tit and because we have heard it all before they then make a load of shut because there's nothing new to say...

I'd rather see Lizzy Cundy, Linda Lursardi, representing the older ladies as oppose to Janet Street Porter and Nadia Swallah they are dated and been on there too long... Fresh faces (not talking age nothing against age bring it on)..
I use to watch Loose Women about 10 years ago and now I am a stay at home mum I should be their audience...
But they are all too acquainted now and need to be more strangers who are panelists rather than mates....

Stacey Soloman and Joe Swash - together they murder the English language!
It really is time they cancelled Loose Women, along with This Morning, The X Factor, I'm a non entity, Britains got no talent and Celebrity Juice. It's funny how all of these shows are on the ITV network.

Reactions: 8
It really is time they cancelled Loose Women, along with This Morning, The X Factor, I'm a non entity, Britains got no talent and Celebrity Juice. It's funny how all of these shows are on the ITV network.
Cancel the lot including Love Island. Its one big fam. Like some secret club and all of them annoying. Just don't get celebrity juice. Who is the audience.
This Morning was great when Fern was on and Richard and Judy... Its sooooo dull now with Phil and Holly... And Rochelle. All. Sickly sweet and fake.

It’s concerning that 2 people like this are allowed on tv when the nation is at home. This isn’t trolling- I have a valid point.

She is not an authority on much (an ex factor contestant?) and I cannot take her seriously as she speaks so badly. He cannot say any words properly. It’s lazy bad tv. They keep using him on the adverts.

it’s not right that they are paid a penny when they speak so badly. I turn over fast when he is on.

Get rid of all of them and keep Gloria.
All of them repeat the same tit and because we have heard it all before they then make a load of shut because there's nothing new to say...

I'd rather see Lizzy Cundy, Linda Lursardi, representing the older ladies as oppose to Janet Street Porter and Nadia Swallah they are dated and been on there too long... Fresh faces (not talking age nothing against age bring it on)..
I use to watch Loose Women about 10 years ago and now I am a stay at home mum I should be their audience...
But they are all too acquainted now and need to be more strangers who are panelists rather than mates....
I like JanAt and carol - they have an opinion and j had achieved a lot in her life.

I like JanAt and carol - they have an opinion and j had achieved a lot in her life.
I ‘like’ that Janet is actually successful, she’s very bright, but she has become a parody of herself. Intentionally cantankerous. I can’t say much for the way she talks though.
Carol is just an utter bleep

I find Janet OK in small doses and I quite like Carol. I agree RE Stacey, annoying, speaks with an irritating voice and just represtents a period when ITV was shoving the same annoying people down our throats. ITV seem to be moving away from the clique now, even discussing other channels shows on their own! Let's hope Stacey gets the boot and that boyfriend of hers, who hasn't had a proper job since leaving Eastenders 13 years ago.

Reactions: 5
I find Janet OK in small doses and I quite like Carol. I agree RE Stacey, annoying, speaks with an irritating voice and just represtents a period when ITV was shoving the same annoying people down our throats. ITV seem to be moving away from the clique now, even discussing other channels shows on their own! Let's hope Stacey gets the boot and that boyfriend of hers, who hasn't had a proper job since leaving Eastenders 13 years ago.
Stacey's quite popular though right? Isn't Michelle Obama a fan? I don't watch her myself but I seem to see her without trying..

And Joe does talk like he has his mouth full and needs to cough up some long lost phlegm💦💦💦

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.