Loose Women - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruth is very good. Janet should anchor.

gloria needs to go she is cringe.

i like the way they are each given tasks now - homework and how they make sly digs about it!!

Reactions: 4
Nanny linda being made to learn to cycle - clearly they have to work harder for that £3k fee
Where has the £3K fee sum come from? A few people on here say £3K but I think around £1.5-1.75K. Carol Mcgiffin said it was £600 about 10 years ago and I know inflation will have bumped that up a bit, plus JSP demanded they all got a payrise. Has it really jumped up five times from £600?

Where has the £3K fee sum come from? A few people on here say £3K but I think around £1.5-1.75K. Carol Mcgiffin said it was £600 about 10 years ago and I know inflation will have bumped that up a bit, plus JSP demanded they all got a payrise. Has it really jumped up five times from £600?
There was an article in The Mirror last year about Stacey Solomon which said she earned 3 grand an episode on LW so they must all be the same or JSP would have something to say about it.

Reactions: 1
There was an article in The Mirror last year about Stacey Solomon which said she earned 3 grand an episode on LW so they must all be the same or JSP would have something to say about it.
Thank you! They do all earn the same, Grabia said so. Wow £3K for an hour of sitting on a chair talking bobbins!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone think show needs a revamp looks wise? A long sofa rather than big desk? Something a little more casual and relaxing would be better. GMB and others all stuck behind a desk looking too formal.

Reactions: 6
Anyone think show needs a revamp looks wise? A long sofa rather than big desk? Something a little more casual and relaxing would be better. GMB and others all stuck behind a desk looking too formal.
Yes, a sofa would be much better. The worst was the set with the white stools. Andrea Mclean used to sit right on the edge, only half her arse on it. I kept thinking any second now she's gonna fall off.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes, a sofa would be much better. The worst was the set with the white stools. Andrea Mclean used to sit right on the edge, only half her arse on it. I kept thinking any second now she's gonna fall off.
I used to think the same, she was like a contortionist half sitting on a stool and crossing her legs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Trust stacey to reveal the fee - anyone else in any real job would be reprimanded for revealing that. But this uneducated/ditzy persona of hers gives her a free pass for everything.

I switch over if she is on.
I prefer carol over her.

stacey should have stuck to singing.

Reactions: 1
LW really peed me off today. They had Stephen Lawrences brother Stewart as their guest but why did they have to have an all women of colour (black) panel ? Does this mean that if they had Tom Cruise they should have an all Scientologist panel or if the guest was Lesbian the panel should all be the same. Why are they doing this - yes that Nadia and Stacey would not be appropriate for this panel but Ruth, Janet and Jane would have added lots to the discussion.

Reactions: 10
LW really peed me off today. They had Stephen Lawrences brother Stewart as their guest but why did they have to have an all women of colour (black) panel ? Does this mean that if they had Tom Cruise they should have an all Scientologist panel or if the guest was Lesbian the panel should all be the same. Why are they doing this - yes that Nadia and Stacey would not be appropriate for this panel but Ruth, Janet and Jane would have added lots to the discussion.
I didn;t see it but I agree, it would have also probably been a good point of education for the white panelists imo, although glad they had someone actually interesting/serious on for a change

It's beginning to annoy me too, I agree with everything you are saying. Jane has covered the brutal and tragic murder of James Bulger, she is a trained journalist and would have been well suited. Unfortunately, it seems she is the wrong colour.

I welcome equality and of course black people should be given the same opportunities as everyone else and have the same jobs as everyone else. It seems that ITV are actively discriminating against their white hosts by excluding them from some of their shows. I am wondering if Andrea was pushed out so that she could be replaced by Charlene. I don't buy her story about wanting to concentrate on her website.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yep - there was no need for his brother to be on there promoting his book. This tragedy happened a long time ago and he is using the “fame” to his advantage.
The panel today were acting very differently to when they are on a mixed panel.

this sort of segregation is very dangerous. Black people are still a minority group in this country and this all black panel is disproportionate to the audience it serves.

the others must be annoyed too.

why did they behave so naturally on an all black panel? Can they only relate to their own skin people?

a lot of the issues discussed today were relevant to a black audience.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The worst is Kellie, every single conversation no matter what it’s about she brings race into it. They could be talking about carrots and she’d relate it to a race issue somehow

I don't think the panel were natural today at all. For some reason, I don't think Kelle is keen on Judi and Brenda.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.