Loose Women #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least Janet is talking some sense in the vaccine debate, thank god Denise is not on
I am against being mandated to get vaxxed - I have chosen to and have had the two. But with regard to travel and young people, if you were going to an area with malaria you would have a jab. Or smallpox.

I am against being mandated to get vaxxed - I have chosen to and have had the two. But with regard to travel and young people, if you were going to an area with malaria you would have a jab. Or smallpox.
That's the thing, people have to accept they have the right to refuse the vaccine (or any other vaccines like you have said) countries/businesses etc also have the right to decide not to give them access

Reactions: 2
Brenda has become so cocky. She doesn’t respond to the questions posed, she ignores them to focus on the unrelated points she wants to make. I think they are careful not to interrupt her (because of Penny!) and Kaye was not having any nonsense today and dealt with her well. She cut her off in a very effective way. (This was about vax passports, she wanted to talk about passports in general, not related or relevant.) And then she does the aggrieved pantomime face pulling.

She just said that Harry’s book is a good idea, like she is a singer/songwriter who pus her feelings out there and this is what he is doing. She is writing a musical of her life (don’t all rush) instead of an autobiography.

I actually think she has a place on the panel, unlike some of the others who are lingering around, but perhaps not on as often.

Reactions: 7
Brenda has become so cocky. She doesn’t respond to the questions posed, she ignores them to focus on the unrelated points she wants to make. I think they are careful not to interrupt her (because of Penny!) and Kaye was not having any nonsense today and dealt with her well. She cut her off in a very effective way. (This was about vax passports, she wanted to talk about passports in general, not related or relevant.) And then she does the aggrieved pantomime face pulling.

She just said that Harry’s book is a good idea, like she is a singer/songwriter who pus her feelings out there and this is what he is doing. She is writing a musical of her life (don’t all rush) instead of an autobiography.

I actually think she has a place on the panel, unlike some of the others who are lingering around, but perhaps not on as often.
yeah I was glad kaye was hosting in that segment.
I'm not at all interested in the royal family so I don't care but I do find it hilarious harry is writing an autobiography, the royal family are just becoming like cheap celebrities :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
That's the thing, people have to accept they have the right to refuse the vaccine (or any other vaccines like you have said) countries/businesses etc also have the right to decide not to give them access
But this has never been the case in this country before so to just expect people to accept it isn’t really fair. It’s different to requiring it for certain countries than requiring it to go to your local nightclub. I can see both sides of the argument but it seems to be harshly impacting younger people than older people 🤷🏼‍♀️

yeah I was glad kaye was hosting in that segment.
I'm not at all interested in the royal family so I don't care but I do find it hilarious harry is writing an autobiography, the royal family are just becoming like cheap celebrities :ROFLMAO:
The more you shine a light on something, the less mystique there is. Familiarity does indeed breed contempt. The whole way royalty survives is that we are meant to think they are special, different from us. The Queen knows this, and that’s why she is very much Don’t Complain, Don’t Explain. If they lived on a council estate, speaking Estuary English, rather than the Queen’s English, you would think they were contenders for Jeremy Kyle, the family is massively dysfunctional. Somebody like Kate Moss has deployed the same method as the Queen, don’t say much, and that way you survive. The more they “speak their truth” the less relevant they become. The more we think, we are paying for that?

Harry is a bitter man. He now wants to use his book and all his utterances recently as a hand grenade to lob behind him to blow the monarchy up, and to mortally wound his father. I feel sorry for the Queen. A lifetime of service, and her own grandson (who claims to have utmost respect for her) is determined to see their demise.

Blimey, the LW are raucous today. Poor Kaye!

Reactions: 3
ngl I was actually pleasantly surprised by Linda;s comments on immigrants

Brenda - charity begins at home!

Bottom line is, the more people reach the shores illegally, the more the traffickers will do it, millionaires are being made out of this - both traffickers and immigration lawyers. Legal migration is one thing, but starting off your new life as an illegal entrant doesn’t bode well for them, for people who are trying to come in legally, or us as taxpayers. They have passed through many safe countries- so they maybe fleeing war (but in many cases it is economic reasons) and the fact is they still risk their lives to cross the channel is because they think they are going to be looked after financially better than any of the other safe countries they have travelled through. We are a welcoming nation but we are also seen as a soft touch. You can be sympathetic whether it is economic or true asylum but you can’t let everybody in who wants to come in. It has to be merit based and legal.

Last edited:
  • Angry
omg how different does adam rickett look?! used to love that song, whata throwback

Linda is always swearing. I don't have an issue with swearing, I do but do it as much as you like offscreen but come on. Saying she couldn't be arsed to come to work shows how taken for granted LW is. I'd be arsed for £3k a pop.

Reactions: 8
Linda is always swearing. I don't have an issue with swearing, I do but do it as much as you like offscreen but come on. Saying she couldn't be arsed to come to work shows how taken for granted LW is. I'd be arsed for £3k a pop.
I swear she has done that before as well hasn't she?

Reactions: 1
I swear she has done that before as well hasn't she?
Probably. She's always dropping swear words. I don't know why she's on this. She isn't professional and clearly can't be arsed!

Linda hadn't bothered watching panarama - the topic being discussed. So why was she asked god her opinion?

She doesn’t take this job seriously - comes across really thick and lazy. No effort at all.

Brenda’s views on immigrants were surprising. Was she trying to be controversial? She came across selfish.

Brenda didn’t seem sympathetic to migrants at all, illegal or otherwise. Suprisingly because at one stage her ancestors would have come to the UK to better their lives, so they would have been economic migrants, albeit they probably responded to UK’s pleas for people to fill jobs post war.

Linda hadn't bothered watching panarama - the topic being discussed. So why was she asked god her opinion?

She doesn’t take this job seriously - comes across really thick and lazy. No effort at all.

Brenda’s views on immigrants were surprising. Was she trying to be controversial? She came across selfish.
Every time I see her this is the impression I get, the same with Stacey, how difficult is it to do an hour or so of prep for a £3000 pay cheque!?

Brenda is trying to keep her £3k an appearance job.

It must be annoying to see stacey and Linda turn up unprepared, lazy and unable to string a sentence together - Brenda has lots of life experiences- she needs to stop with this nee persona. It’s forced.

Reactions: 1
I would love to be a panellist on LW. I would do it for a third of the money they get. I follow the news, I can string a sentence together, I can curb my potty mouth, I can contribute.

Some people just waste the opportunities they are given. Or don’t appreciate them in the first place.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.