Loose Women #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kelly comes across too strict. The only time she came across natural was on the all black panel.

carol might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I like her. She is consistent and offers a different viewpoint well.

im not sure why linda gets so many slots and the advert for “one paaaaaaand”. She is awful.

Reactions: 9
I went off Kelly as soon as she said that she doesnt let her kids celebrate Halloween.

I remember her sat there saying “But what are we really celebrating???” as if she were making a really profound point.

Humourless bore.

Reactions: 8
I really don’t like Kelly 😬
What she did to Kaye today about Police brutality was unforgiveable and terribly unprofessional. A pro like Kaye batted that attack well though. 👏👏👏👏👏

I went off Kelly as soon as she said that she doesnt let her kids celebrate Halloween.

I remember her sat there saying “But what are we really celebrating???” as if she were making a really profound point.

Humourless bore.
To be fair many religions do not celebrate Halloween and I'm not at all religious but respect their reasons.

Interesting her reaction to male strippers yesterday though. She's be the last I'd have expected to behave like she did. Personally I can't stand them, who wants to oggle and rub their hands over some blokes who are almost rubbed away by out of control women. I'm sure they (strippers) must laugh at all these women. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
What she did to Kaye today about Police brutality was unforgiveable and terribly unprofessional. A pro like Kaye batted that attack well though. 👏👏👏👏👏

To be fair many religions do not celebrate Halloween and I'm not at all religious but respect their reasons.

Interesting her reaction to male strippers yesterday though. She's be the last I'd have expected to behave like she did. Personally I can't stand them, who wants to oggle and rub their hands over some blokes who are almost rubbed away by out of control women. I'm sure they (strippers) must laugh at all these women. 🙄
What did she do to Kaye? I usually always watch but was out today!

Reactions: 4
I’m watching today’s episode.

I’m a massive proponent of BLM so to see Kelly reference George Floyd so erratically during The final seconds of the discussion about climate protesters was bizarre.

For those who didn’t see it, they were discussing the people who glued themselves to the M25 and the clip of the police being quite fair and balanced with them. Linda and Kaye were of the opinion that the police conducted themselves correctly as you cannot tear people from the floor if they have glued themselves to it – Linda said “they are damned if they do, they are damned if they don’t”. Carol and Kelly disagreed. Carol primarily moaned about how they were unfair to anti-lockdown protesters (they really weren’t) and Kelly effectively reflected on her experiences as a black woman and how this has shaped her view of the police.

Kaye ended the segment by saying that she was concerned that 20 second clips (like the one of the police on the M25) are being taken out of context to paint an entire picture of much longer and complex incidents. Kelly made a really weird and quick comment about George Floyd in response to this, effectively insinuating that Kaye was excusing George Floyd’s murder. Kaye clarified that of course that wasn’t her view.

It was just a strange comment overall because the reason why the George Floyd video was so impactful was because it was minutes and minutes long. Nobody could argue in bad faith that it was “taken out of context” because it shows the entire context of his murder. The way Kelly just slipped it in at the end when there was no time for it to be properly addressed seemed a bit sly.

Reactions: 5
I think Kellie behaves like this to protect herself. She knows that she cannot be sacked & she will play the race card.

this was a not so subtle reminder of this.

the BLM stuff and climate change are two very different causes.

the Clip showed the police in a good light, Kellie wanted to change the narrative so that they are bad.

George floyd had no relevance here.

Reactions: 6

I’m a massive proponent of BLM so to see Kelly reference George Floyd so erratically during The final seconds of the discussion about climate protesters was bizarre.

For those who didn’t see it, they were discussing the people who glued themselves to the M25 and the clip of the police being quite fair and balanced with them. Linda and Kaye were of the opinion that the police conducted themselves correctly as you cannot tear people from the floor if they have glued themselves to it – Linda said “they are damned if they do, they are damned if they don’t”. Carol and Kelly disagreed. Carol primarily moaned about how they were unfair to anti-lockdown protesters (they really weren’t) and Kelly effectively reflected on her experiences as a black woman and how this has shaped her view of the police.

Kaye ended the segment by saying that she was concerned that 20 second clips (like the one of the police on the M25) are being taken out of context to paint an entire picture of much longer and complex incidents. Kelly made a really weird and quick comment about George Floyd in response to this, effectively insinuating that Kaye was excusing George Floyd’s murder. Kaye clarified that of course that wasn’t her view.

It was just a strange comment overall because the reason why the George Floyd video was so impactful was because it was minutes and minutes long. Nobody could argue in bad faith that it was “taken out of context” because it shows the entire context of his murder. The way Kelly just slipped it in at the end when there was no time for it to be properly addressed seemed a bit sly.
It was so uncomfortable to watch. I can understand comparing police reactions to protests etc but the throw away comment about George Floyd was incredibly distasteful from Kellie.
Also I feel you have to compare the police reaction to like for like situations rather than protests as a whole, so for me these protestors are most similar to those of XR who also have glued themselves to places. Unlike anti lockdown or BLM where their protest tactics were a different nature. Neither right or wrong in my opinion just different approaches to protesting.
To be honest though I found the entire debate uncomfortable from all 4 women and one of the worse I’ve seen in a while on the show.

Reactions: 6
What's with Linda out all week doing that stupid "dancing competition"?

Thank God it's Friday!
Enough of this non-sense!

Reactions: 4

Linda making a well thought out, nuanced point as usual :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Do you think they've shoved Linda out in the road on her way out? I do hope so!

Reactions: 1
Nadia has to make everything about her, doesn't she? :mad:

Can't even let poor Amy Walsh talk about her 1st pregnancy without telling the world about her magical Xmas baby :sick: Bore off Nadia!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So about 1 minute to speak to Mariella Frostrup about menopause which they say is so important and then ages for the sleeping naked stories. They did make me laugh a bit I have to say but the priorities were the wrong way round.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.