Loose Women #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Charlene isn't prepared to debate or discuss. It's always a case of she is right, and if you question her or even just disagree, the inference is that it must be because you doubt the thoughts, intelligence, culture or experience of a black woman.

It's as if she takes it as unconscious bias, rather than a genuine alternative viewpoint. And then she is condescending, because she sees that person as too stupid to recognise their racism.

I find the "in our community" stuff really patronising as well. I'm aware that black people say auntie and sister, and that afro hair is different to white hair. I don't need to be educated on these things like a child.
I wonder what Charlene’s white husband thinks about it all?

Reactions: 6
Maybe it was meant to be Christine. I know Eamonn is off all week from GBNews so presumably Ruth is off this week as well
Isn’t Christine on Lorraine this week or was that just a feature I saw advertised?
Ruth might have the week off from LW or it could have something to do with Eamonn’s bombshell interview last weekend when he slagged off quite a few people at ITV. Ruth has still been going to work at QVC this week though 😳

Reactions: 3
Sorry if any of you have already read this over on the Charlene thread but I felt it needed posting here too.
Something Kelle said yesterday is really bugging me 😏 Kelle said that when TTC her two children she made a plan of the exact dates to try to give her the best odds of her children being born in September as she wanted them to be the oldest in their year and therefore giving them an advantage over their classmates who may have been born later in the academic year. That’s all fine, each to their own, most people are just grateful to be able to get pregnant but…. on Monday she said that she was told it was very unlikely that she was ever going to have children because of her Lupus condition. It was only when she had been told that her Lupus was dormant for a short time that she was given the go ahead to try for a baby. Very convenient (and lucky) that her Lupus was dormant at the exact time she needed to be able to time a pregnancy so accurately that BOTH her children were born in September! 🤔😏
As a mum to 3 September babies, it’s Xmas you relax more and oh bfp mid jan. plus September is the most common birth month, I suspect she’s chatting tit

Reactions: 1
As a mum to 3 September babies, it’s Xmas you relax more and oh bfp mid jan. plus September is the most common birth month, I suspect she’s chatting tit
I must admit I did try planning it so that mine were born at least before Christmas but just didn’t work out that way for me (1 born March and 1 in May) but yes I agree, people are more relaxed at Christmas 😅
I went to school with someone born on 2nd September and her parents chose to wait another year before letting her start school so she wasn’t the youngest in the year.

Isn’t Christine on Lorraine this week or was that just a feature I saw advertised?
Ruth might have the week off from LW or it could have something to do with Eamonn’s bombshell interview last weekend when he slagged off quite a few people at ITV. Ruth has still been going to work at QVC this week though 😳
Christine covered Lorraine last week

Also if Ruth was presenting this week, when Phil & Holly go over to LW to ask what’s coming up in today’s show it might be a bit awkward with Ruth there

Reactions: 3
I agree with everything that has been said about Charlene & Kelle. I cannot stand either of them. And it's not because of their race. It's because they are both so biased & rude it makes them both so unlikeable. Charlene in particular has real attitude and she always has to be right! And Kelle eyerolling like mad when Janet or Jane are talking about something! Rude!
I also hope Stacey doesn't return but unfortunately I think she will 🙁
And why have we had to endure Linda for 3 days in a row...don't they usually just do two?
Couldn’t have said it better myself! Yesterday was just awful, smirking when Janet tried to get her point about respecting adults across. if anything, it’s Charlene and Kelle who are racist….

I must admit I did try planning it so that mine were born at least before Christmas but just didn’t work out that way for me (1 born March and 1 in May) but yes I agree, people are more relaxed at Christmas 😅
I went to school with someone born on 2nd September and her parents chose to wait another year before letting her start school so she wasn’t the youngest in the year.
She’d have been the oldest in her year at school, my birthday is 31st August and I was always the youngest, a day later and I’d have started school a year later and been the oldest….

Reactions: 5
Kelle is awful I don’t know why they have her on, I really want to like Charlene because I think she’s an intelligent woman but she really doesn’t come across well. I totally agree that if it was one of the white panelists behaving in this way it would be called out. Conversely Brenda and Judi are 2 of the best panellist, I always feel they give a balanced view of topics while drawing on their own experiences which surely for 3k a show is what they should be doing?

I doubt we’ll see Brenda back on LW but I hope if she does come back she gets good panellists on her first show back so it doesn’t turn into a circus

Reactions: 10
Couldn’t have said it better myself! Yesterday was just awful, smirking when Janet tried to get her point about respecting adults across. if anything, it’s Charlene and Kelle who are racist….

She’d have been the oldest in her year at school, my birthday is 31st August and I was always the youngest, a day later and I’d have started school a year later and been the oldest….
The cut off was 2nd September in our County (don’t know why? It was the 70’s so may have been different then to now) so she would have been classed as the youngest the same as you which is why she was given the choice.

The cut off was 2nd September in our County (don’t know why? It was the 70’s so may have been different then to now) so she would have been classed as the youngest the same as you which is why she was given the choice.
How strange, I started school in 1978 and the cut off then was 31st august, as it is now. I actually started school the following Easter as in those days they did 3 intakes (Sept, Jan and Easter) but I’ve often wished my mum had deferred my start date until the following year. Not least because my best friend was a week younger than me but in the year below me at school - we ended up drifting apart when I started senior school. I also had a school friend whose birthday was 1st September, I’d only just turned 16 and she started driving lessons 😫

How strange, I started school in 1978 and the cut off then was 31st august, as it is now. I actually started school the following Easter as in those days they did 3 intakes (Sept, Jan and Easter) but I’ve often wished my mum had deferred my start date until the following year. Not least because my best friend was a week younger than me but in the year below me at school - we ended up drifting apart when I started senior school. I also had a school friend whose birthday was 1st September, I’d only just turned 16 and she started driving lessons 😫
Very strange. This is what she always told us. It would have been about 1978/79 too. Now you got me thinking she made it up. We all just believed her at the time 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I am sure it hasn't been easy for Charlene as a black woman coming up through the ranks in the world of journalism and TV but equally JSP would also have had it hard as a woman and a working class woman at that trying to get by decades earlier than Charlene.

Charlene had the privilege of getting a private education and I think that is where her superior, snotty attitude comes from. Her life experiences won't be the same as the other black women on the panel so she builds a devide based on colour because she fits in as a black woman but doesn't fit in so well with the others because the majority are from working class backgrounds.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.