Long Lost Family

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if there's a thread here on this already. I had a look, but couldn't see anything.

Does anyone else watch this at all? I don't think there's an episode where I haven't shed a tear, but last nights episode about foundlings had me in bits. There's a second episode of it on tonight if anyone is interested.

Reactions: 2
Apologies if there's a thread here on this already. I had a look, but couldn't see anything.

Does anyone else watch this at all? I don't think there's an episode where I haven't shed a tear, but last nights episode about foundlings had me in bits. There's a second episode of it on tonight if anyone is interested.
I love this show. Last nights one was absolutely heartbreaking.

Reactions: 3
It’s just so sad ☹ But I think it’s good we have DNA tests these days, everyone deserves to know where they come from

Reactions: 4
Watched last night episode, and when they revealed the news I had goosebumps. Couldn't get over the similarities between their daughters 😳

Always makes me wonder though, knowing the technology is available now, if any parents are still alive who gave up their children, are they worried/hoping they’ll be found? Especially if no one knows they had a child they gave up. I expect there are many people out there worried that a can of worms will be opened.

Reactions: 1

Love this programme and 9 times out of 10 sob all the way through it.... last nights was so sad.... I felt so sad for the mother..... to have left them in the same way but then she stayed with the father even in secret - she must of loved him so much.... I'd like to think she know they've been reunited..... I wonder if the matching bags they were found in could of been a way of her hoping that there would be a connection made ? So glad they found each other.....

Being the child of single mum in the mid-60's I always think 'it could of been me' - my mum was lucky her parents did support her although she was sendt away to a home for unmarried mothers from around 7 months pregnant until just after I was born and her parents 'allowed' her to bring me home...... !!

• Heart
Love this programme and 9 times out of 10 sob all the way through it.... last nights was so sad.... I felt so sad for the mother..... to have left them in the same way but then she stayed with the father even in secret - she must of loved him so much.... I'd like to think she know they've been reunited..... I wonder if the matching bags they were found in could of been a way of her hoping that there would be a connection made ? So glad they found each other.....

Being the child of single mum in the mid-60's I always think 'it could of been me' - my mum was lucky her parents did support her although she was sendt away to a home for unmarried mothers from around 7 months pregnant until just after I was born and her parents 'allowed' her to bring me home...... !!
I was born in 1979. All of my cousins are older than me and quite a few of them were adopted, so early to mid 70s. A few of them made contact with their birth parents with varying degrees of success.

One of them is only a year older than me. She had always known that she was adopted (her older brother was too, but they weren't biological brother and sister) and in her twenties searched for her parents. I'm not 100% sure of what happened with her birth father, whether she knows who he is or not, but she met her birth mother and they got on really well.
She got married about ten years ago, by which time her adoptive father had passed away, so her adoptive mother and her biological mother both walked her down the aisle which was lovely.

On a sadder note though, a friend of mine the same age as me traced her biological mother when she was in her twenties, but her mother didn't want to know. She had got married and had four other children, but neither her husband or her children knew about her and she didn't want them finding out.
My friend was really upset over it. Her biological father's name is on her birth cert, so she knows who is he is and where he lived (well, at that time anyway) but after being rejected by her biological mother she didn't try and trace her father in case the same thing happened again :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I was born in 1979. All of my cousins are older than me and quite a few of them were adopted, so early to mid 70s. A few of them made contact with their adoptive parents with varying degrees of success.

One of them is only a year older than me. She had always known that she was adopted (her older brother was too, but they weren't biological brother and sister) and in her twenties searched for her parents. I'm not 100% sure of what happened with her birth father, whether she knows who he is or not, but she met her birth mother and they got on really well.
She got married about ten years ago, by which time her adoptive father had passed away, so her adoptive mother and her biological mother both walked her down the aisle which was lovely.

On a sadder note though, a friend of mine the same age as me traced her biological mother when she was in her twenties, but her mother didn't want to know. She had got married and had four other children, but neither her husband or her children knew about her and she didn't want them finding out.
My friend was really upset over it. Her biological father's name is on her birth cert, so she knows who is he is and where he lived (well, at that time anyway) but after being rejected by her biological mother she didn't try and trace her father in case the same thing happened again :(
I wanted to ❤ and also :cry: this post..... so lovely for your cousin to be given away by her two mothers... that's so lovely but very sad for your friend...... sometimes I think on LLF they don't show that side of finding a parent after all this time...... everything was so secretive back then and so much harder with the stigma attached to it too. My mum was in a relationship with my biological father and had been for a few years but although the parents tried to force them to marry they stuck to their guns and didn't because they knew it wasn't right..... My nan took over when I was born and my grandparents wanted to adopt me but again mum said no (so, so grateful to her for that).... she eventually married the man I've called Dad since I was 5 and he legally adopted me... in my eyes he is my dad..... I have two siblings and we are all treated the same..... I had a happy, loving, sometimes very strict up bringing and because it was never a secret of the circumstances I never felt troubled by it.... I know who my biological father is - he went on and had a family of his own so technically I have 1/2 siblings but have never had a desire to meet him or them..... it works for some and it doesn't for others.... which is sadly the risk you take..... I know a friend of mine tried to find her Dad and that didn't work out well as he wasn't interested...... I am forever grateful for being allowed to stay with my mum and for always knowing she was mum - not a sister (if my grandparents had adopted me I fear this may of happened) - I think that would of messed with my head finding stuff out like that later in life ..... ☺☺

Tonights two cases were both sad again..... to find out your parents were married and to have been abandoned must be so heartbreaking.... and then the set up with the man, his wife and his young lover - that would of been a strange set up too... but probably kept hush hush in those days.... !

Reactions: 2