Lock down birthday ideas ??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got my husband's birthday and my daughter's birthdays coming up in a few weeks.
Fortunately i have already got all their presents. My daughter will be turning 7 so she'll be excited to open her presents but my husband i think is beginning to feel a bit blue - he's a very out and about sort of person.
Any ideas of how to make their respective days special for them ?

Could you maybe get them a cake or do like an afternoon tea at home or something? You could also get out a nice long walk as well. Somewhere you maybe haven't been to before?

Reactions: 1
I skipped my 30th. Will celebrate after this is over but if I had family with me I’d just have a nice meal at home.

Reactions: 3
I've got my husband's birthday and my daughter's birthdays coming up in a few weeks.
Fortunately i have already got all their presents. My daughter will be turning 7 so she'll be excited to open her presents but my husband i think is beginning to feel a bit blue - he's a very out and about sort of person.
Any ideas of how to make their respective days special for them ?
Does he like gardening? maybe get him something to do in the garden so hes outside.

It's my nephew's 3rd birthday today, all the family downloaded house party app and had a group phone call so we could all sing him happy birthday and see him blow his candles out. It's my daughter's birthday in a couple of weeks and we will do the same for her. For friends birthdays (march/April is a busy birthday time for us) I am using my daily walk to drop their present on their door steps so they still get a gift

It's my husband's birthday in May so we are likely to still be under the restrictions too. Weather permitting we will be having a boozy bbq out the garden. If not I will cook a 3 course dinner in the house with the table all set out formal and pretty, as we do for special occasions. We'll have music and probably a little bit of karaoke! I'll try and get my hands on some banners and balloons and a cake too. It will be just us and my 20yr old son (the baby will be in bed) so not too wild, but deffo different from the norm.

Reactions: 2
For your daughter, like others have said an afternoon tea would be nice! Maybe you could build a little living room fort with fairy lights and cushions and make a mini cinema with snacks and drinks and watch movies she likes.

Husband is harder I suppose. Lots of people are doing live pub quizzes on YouTube. Get some drinks in and a takeaway and maybe take part in something like that? Might be fun for something to do in the evening. There’s not that much you can do which is sad. I spent my birthday alone. Your husband I’m sure will appreciate any effort you make at this difficult time.

I skipped my 30th. Will celebrate after this is over but if I had family with me I’d just have a nice meal at home.
It’s my 50th today and it’s shite! 😳
4 cards because people can’t get out or are worried about sending them. (Or can’t be arsed but have a valid excuse!)
Can’t even order a takeaway delivery because they’re shut and no Uber Eats or Deliveroo round here, so I’ll be cooking as per usual.
My birthday last year I spent it visiting my dad in hospital, he had pneumonia. I thought well at least next years will be better... :rolleyes:😆
I shall just remain 49 until I can celebrate properly. 😁

My son is 21 at the beginning of May and think we’ll still be on lockdown then too.

Reactions: 5
4 cards because people can’t get out or are worried about sending them. (Or can’t be arsed but have a valid excuse!)
Can’t even order a takeaway delivery because they’re shut and no Uber Eats or Deliveroo round here, so I’ll be cooking as per usual.
My birthday last year I spent it visiting my dad in hospital, he had pneumonia. I thought well at least next years will be better... :rolleyes:😆

My son is 21 at the beginning of May and think we’ll still be on lockdown then too.
Happy birthday xx

Wishing you a very big - happy birthday! Make sure you celebrate in style when you can, sounds like you could do with a well deserved blow out

Happy birthday!

It’s mine next week and a few of my friends during lockdown too so we all said we’ll have a joint 37th celebration when it’s all over and will hug and touch each others faces 😂

Have the best day you can in the circumstances ❤

Thanks all.
My dad just ’phoned. He’s upset because his card hasn’t arrived and he ordered it in good time (Moonpig). He always uses them because he’s disabled so can’t get out of the house without me. I’ve told him it’s because they will be very busy right now as everyone will be using them but he’s not happy bless him.

Happy Birthday
I think the best thing to do is celebrate after all this lockdown tit is over.

Oh and before I forget...
All those with birthdays or family birthday’s soon, remember not to blow out the candles. It’s sad but safe.

• Sad
If you get the chance - try joining in bongos bingo on Saturday night (can use the app twitch, on your phone or smart tv) with a few drinks. Felt like a night out for me and hubby!