Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland #4 Dog (re-gifted)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Hostage" describes in a nutshell how it must feel to be in a relationship with Lindsey. They've been together for at most 4 months, and already have joint Instagram accounts AND a business? I've been with my partner for 4 years and we don't even live together.
i fear it won’t end well…
Why does everything have to be so public so quickly?

Reactions: 14
I’d like to be as rich as Lizzy, but nothing else. She reminds me of those rich, middle aged women who organise charity galas and sorts to give their lives some meaning, or at least the look of it having meaning.

Her current travels are just a millennials version of that. She could have taken this as an opportunity to grow and do something outside of her comfort zone. Instead she’s stayed at expensive hotels, gone on coffee runs, and bought more clothes and books. I truly don’t understand her.
This. Also I just watched her Toronto vlog; I don't get why she is so peeved at the Fairmont. It's a perfectly decent hotel room. It's not the Ace hotel or anything of the like which she may deem more fitting to her style, but still... I don't get why she says she doesn't recommend it without reasons. I am just curious; it clearly wasn't a service issue as she mentioned the room being the problem... Hmm.

Reactions: 8
I think it was the view from the room. It looks like she had a renovated suite and the Royal York is one of Toronto’s nicest hotels so it’s hard to imagine what the room would be lacking. No, it’s not a boutique hotel built for Influencers or whatever but let’s just say they’ll hardly be worried over the idea that Lizzy doesn’t ~recommend them. So other than something being truly wrong (like garbage left in the room or something? Idk but in that case you think she’d mention it), I think she wanted to switch the room for a better view. I’ve stayed there and theres always the chance you’ll open the window to see an office building next to you instead of a cityscape. The way she immediately went to, ‘I won’t recommend this hotel’ makes me think there was an argument where she used her ‘I’m an Influencer!’ card, like, ‘my room matters because I’m filming and taking pictures in it’.

But I think she knew that saying in the video that it was because she wanted to be moved for a nicer view sounded too bratty, so she has to weirdly not give the actual reason. But not giving the reason in itself is a hint that it was a snotty thing that she knew wouldn’t go over well with her audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
They registered the business under “manufacture of household textiles”?! I shudder to think what sort of textiles Lindsey and an electrician will be producing, considering she has never run a business, doesn’t have a great sense of aesthetic and probably doesn’t understand manufacturing or supply chain.

Reactions: 13
Lizzy says she wouldn’t recommend this hotel, but neglects to understand, see and know that hospitality currently during this continuous pandemic are suffering and struggling- businesses and staff. This ridiculous comment without any extension as to what her reasoning is yet she says, she wouldn’t recommend this hotel, just a pathetic and spoilt attitude, grow up.
I see the awful, tit selling of her book the link has gone and is replaced with the shoe collaboration, what no link for RI… The shoes are ok at best personally the ones Lizzy chose wouldn’t go with any of my pieces so a no from me. The supposed modelling, video shot, footage is average and, no proper vlog, talk on the shoes individually especially, since she has had the shoes a while, this would have been a bonus more of an enticement to buyers. The painful thinness she continues to display with the long boots a complete put off particularly when this isn’t her natural body type, shape. A sad, sheer shame when many young girls want to aspire to be that -end up with dieting, eating disorders etc.,

• Heart
Reactions: 18
think she wanted to switch the room for a better view. I’ve stayed there and theres always the chance you’ll open the window to see an office building next to you instead of a cityscape. The way she immediately went to, ‘I won’t recommend this hotel’ makes me think there was an argument where she used her ‘I’m an Influencer!’ card, like, ‘my room matters because I’m filming and taking pictures in it’.
Yup! I think that's very likely exactly what she did. Ding Ding Ding. And they probably shut their eyes slowly and then opened them as in please make this person not real. Downhill from there...

• Haha
They registered the business under “manufacture of household textiles”?! I shudder to think what sort of textiles Lindsey and an electrician will be producing, considering she has never run a business, doesn’t have a great sense of aesthetic and probably doesn’t understand manufacturing or supply chain.
Let me guess - graphic tees? LOL. Oh, household eh? graphic tea towels? You know the "drink time with my top off", "my other chopping board is for surfing breaks" variety. Groan.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think it was the view from the room. It looks like she had a renovated suite and the Royal York is one of Toronto’s nicest hotels so it’s hard to imagine what the room would be lacking. No, it’s not a boutique hotel built for Influencers or whatever but let’s just say they’ll hardly be worried over the idea that Lizzy doesn’t ~recommend them. So other than something being truly wrong (like garbage left in the room or something? Idk but in that case you think she’d mention it), I think she wanted to switch the room for a better view. I’ve stayed there and theres always the chance you’ll open the window to see an office building next to you instead of a cityscape. The way she immediately went to, ‘I won’t recommend this hotel’ makes me think there was an argument where she used her ‘I’m an Influencer!’ card, like, ‘my room matters because I’m filming and taking pictures in it’.

But I think she knew that saying in the video that it was because she wanted to be moved for a nicer view sounded too bratty, so she has to weirdly not give the actual reason. But not giving the reason in itself is a hint that it was a snotty thing that she knew wouldn’t go over well with her audience.
Unless she paid for a room with a view, then i dont see what her problem is. A view is nice to have, but considering you spend the majority of your holiday outside your hotel room, wtf cares if you don't have a view for the few hours your inside.

Hotels have made a rod for their own back by giving influencers rooms for free PR discount as now they think they deserve the best every time they go away (not saying this hotel does or did this).

Reactions: 12
Speaking of graphic tees (sorry, this will seem like a non-sequitur yet again if you didn't see my other comment) - I saw a very specifically Texas graphic tee yesterday; "Live, laugh, love and if that doesn't work load, aim, fire". LOL (so as not to cry). Why the duck am I living here again? 🤣 😰

P.S.

I'm British (Londoner) but moved here AGAINST.MY.WILL (LOL) at age 12. Escaped to SF, NYC, London, Australia, back to NYC and now back here taking care of my folks who are lovely and live close by (they like it and never left), recovering from illness and going to school for social work after having worked in fashion design/trend research for ages.

It's not that bad - there are plenty of non freak Texans who aren't Republican gun toting assholes around me - but occasionally - I despair! Ha!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Lizzy says she wouldn’t recommend this hotel, but neglects to understand, see and know that hospitality currently during this continuous pandemic are suffering and struggling- businesses and staff. This ridiculous comment without any extension as to what her reasoning is yet she says, she wouldn’t recommend this hotel, just a pathetic and spoilt attitude, grow up.
I see the awful, tit selling of her book the link has gone and is replaced with the shoe collaboration, what no link for RI… The shoes are ok at best personally the ones Lizzy chose wouldn’t go with any of my pieces so a no from me. The supposed modelling, video shot, footage is average and, no proper vlog, talk on the shoes individually especially, since she has had the shoes a while, this would have been a bonus more of an enticement to buyers. The painful thinness she continues to display with the long boots a complete put off particularly when this isn’t her natural body type, shape. A sad, sheer shame when many young girls want to aspire to be that -end up with dieting, eating disorders etc.,
yeah that advert was basically all about showing how thin she is - especially with the knee high boots

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Unless she paid for a room with a view, then i dont see what her problem is. A view is nice to have, but considering you spend the majority of your holiday outside your hotel room, wtf cares if you don't have a view for the few hours your inside.

Hotels have made a rod for their own back by giving influencers rooms for free PR discount as now they think they deserve the best every time they go away (not saying this hotel does or did this).
It's very White Lotus vibes, where one of the characters is fixated on getting the wrong room.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone else think Lizzy dresses a bit mature for her age? Would like to see her having more fun with colour. I like androgynous style for the most part but the black/navy/beige/grey rotation surely must depress her further

• Heart
Anyone else think Lizzy dresses a bit mature for her age? Would like to see her having more fun with colour. I like androgynous style for the most part but the black/navy/beige/grey rotation surely must depress her further
I'm on board with neutrals, but not only does she make them look boring, she pairs them with the dowdiest shoes (I'm still not over her beige suede loafers) and mom bags (big, over the shoulder satchels). I feel like the trend is finally moving away from this kind of basic-ass normcore.

I'm on board with neutrals, but not only does she make them look boring, she pairs them with the dowdiest shoes (I'm still not over her beige suede loafers) and mom bags (big, over the shoulder satchels). I feel like the trend is finally moving away from this kind of basic-ass normcore.
Agree. All the classics and tailoring was interesting 5 years ago but now even if you are into neutrals there is a move to more directional and modern shapes. Similarly the Sloane ranger 2.0 has moved from the more boring items to the more fun and glamorous side of things. Lizzy should change it up.

Reactions: 7
He called his son his 12 y/o sperm under that picture🤢 what a head
I have a male colleague who always refers to his children as his STDs, like he’ll say that he’s going home to his STDs. For some reason it’s always funny when he says that, and from his stories you can tell he’s a fun dad. But out of context, it’s a bit weird.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, idk if it’s because I think I’m at the younger end of Lizzy’s audience. So, when she got into neutrals and normcore etc so did I but I was like 17/18. To me a few years later I’m very much over it and desperate to remember what having fun with clothes is like after idolising her style so much if that makes sense?
I have a male colleague who always refers to his children as his STDs, like he’ll say that he’s going home to his STDs. For some reason it’s always funny when he says that, and from his stories you can tell he’s a fun dad. But out of context, it’s a bit weird.
It’s very “I’m not a regular mom, I’m a cool mom”
82EFE176-4197-4C84-88D2-2D8523DD3ECA.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Agree. All the classics and tailoring was interesting 5 years ago but now even if you are into neutrals there is a move to more directional and modern shapes. Similarly the Sloane ranger 2.0 has moved from the more boring items to the more fun and glamorous side of things. Lizzy should change it up.
Haha I had to look up what a Sloane Ranger was... I guess here in America we'd just call it "preppy" or maybe even "collegiate" (a style I personally detest). Funny enough, one of the first Google images that came up was this, which appears to be Bella Hadid, but you could be forgiven for thinking it was Lizzy.
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 12.05.28 PM.png

Reactions: 10
Haha I had to look up what a Sloane Ranger was... I guess here in America we'd just call it "preppy" or maybe even "collegiate" (a style I personally detest). Funny enough, one of the first Google images that came up was this, which appears to be Bella Hadid, but you could be forgiven for thinking it was Lizzy.
View attachment 810467
Yes I find that some people try to dress preppy as they think it makes them look wealthy and classy. Most of wealthy people I know don't actually dress like that though. Like the phrase good taste is for those that can't afford it. They are more likely to dress like a farmer or even kind of eccentric. Lizzy is like a caricature of what she thinks a wealthy londonder should wear. What's weird is she is rich so could wear much more interesting stuff than uniqlo knits and birkenstoks but she's stuck in a rut.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.