Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Full title c/o @Nova "her claim to fame is a notebook with her name. Her friend Lindsey is in her bubble and then she also has a creepy double."

Lizzy finished off the year with an underwhelming collaboration which included a book, notebook, candle and some chocolate.
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 2.18.10 pm.png

Along with Lindsey she is apparently writing a book based on their podcast and the big question is, what is there left to say? (there wasn't much to say to begin with)

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 2.19.38 pm.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the new thread!

Frankly, that Reposed collab is a failure.

1) Who the hell was in charge of the copy? "Supremely gifted"? No. Not in any way is she supremely gifted, unless you're delusional

2) It was supposedly launched for Christmas except it launched too late and now her pals (I saw Lindsey and Brittany posting photos, I don't know who else) are advertising it as a pick me up for the lockdown, not mentioning of course that it was supposed to be a Christmas thing, because it failed to do so.

I'm not sure if they're posting it now as a friendly gesture because she asked for help even though they probably received it around Christmas time, or they got sent the box afterwards as a last ditch effort for publicity. Either way, it's not been the most savvy business venture

Reactions: 7
Thanks for the new thread!

Frankly, that Reposed collab is a failure.

1) Who the hell was in charge of the copy? "Supremely gifted"? No. Not in any way is she supremely gifted, unless you're delusional
I'd argue that she is supremely gifted, almost everything she owns is gifted.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'd argue that she is supremely gifted, almost everything she owns is gifted.
I'm prematurely casting my vote for this to be the title of the new thread, which probably won't even happen for another 5 years. :LOL:

Also, she didn't tag this as #gifted, but who among us actually believes she paid for this £475 jumper?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Who is it by? It reminds me of whose 80s reproductions Rowing Blazers has been doing (Like Princess Di’s sheep jumper). It is a bit ugly but I like it? Obviously not enough to spend close to £500 on it 😂

Reactions: 4
I actually like that sweater but I would never pay that much for it lol. I was surprised by the post because I was like oh this isn't boring and actually is sort of interesting which is weird for her since all of her outfits aren't interesting.

Reactions: 8
Who is it by? It reminds me of whose 80s reproductions Rowing Blazers has been doing (Like Princess Di’s sheep jumper). It is a bit ugly but I like it? Obviously not enough to spend close to £500 on it 😂
It's by & Daughter. All of their pieces are hand-knit, hence the high prices. I guarantee Lizzy will wear this maybe one or two more times and we'll never see it again.

Lizzy spent the past two years removing all traces of colour and pattern from her wardrobe only to start slowly reintroducing them, is her Halpin phase over?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I like the jumper, and I guess I can appreciate the price tag on certain people. Like if Alexa Chung had been wearing this I might have thought "yeah, can believe that's £1k." But for some reason every time Lizzy wears something I think "could have been £5 in a charity shop / vintage."

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I like the jumper, and I guess I can appreciate the price tag on certain people. Like if Alexa Chung had been wearing this I might have thought "yeah, can believe that's £1k." But for some reason every time Lizzy wears something I think "could have been £5 in a charity shop / vintage."
Now why would she hunt out fun and unique pieces at a charity shop when she can just sit on her ass and accept free £500 sweaters from someone else?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ha, I actually believe the opposite. If I see it on Alexa Chung, I assume it's vintage or thrifted and she's made it look cool and expensive (OK, maybe not 2021 designer Chung, but definitely mid-Aughts Chung). Whereas with Lizzy, I know it cost at least £500 and she's made it look dowdy and unremarkable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I was always quite sceptical and I am not overly familiar with &Daughter but I had a look at the jumper on the website and its sold out! I don't know if that's anything to do with Lizzy but I suppose influencing must work if people are shilling £475 for something that looks like my great-grandmother knitted it in 1985...

Reactions: 5
It's not Lizzy. She's not enough of a trendsetter to choose something like that on her own; no doubt she was influenced by someone else (probably BB, as she's featured in the brand's IG grid a little further down) and she snapped it up or was gifted the item before it sold out.

Reactions: 5
Whereas with Lizzy, I know it cost at least £500 and she's made it look dowdy and unremarkable.
That's just at. I was looking at Lindsey and BB's instagram today, and I was thinking they do manage to make things at least look expensive and luxury. Not so much Lizzy, and I don't know why that is.

Reactions: 6
Also, just seen on Lucy Williams’ story that she also got the reposed box and tagged it gifted so I think Lizzy chose influencers for it to be sent to, meaning her pals probably didn’t even shill out the 40 or so pounds for it either! 😂

Reactions: 2
I have an &Daughter jumper, don’t @ at me! I bought it in a sale a few years ago at the time they were made in Britain using British wool. Although since they’ve been gifting influencers in the past year I’ve never considered buying another and have been meaning to read more into their practices, made in Britain but by who exactly? I’m not entirely sure this is what they were hoping to achieve when they started influencer marketing, alienating existing customers, but I always think companies who use it are hiding something.

Is Reposed even an established company? Were they trying to use Lizzy’s following to kickstart their company? It must have flopped if they’re doing a PR drive a month after the initial launch.
Lucy Williams IG stories and Lindsey’s over the weekend made the individual items, bookmark and chocolate in particular, look cheap even the tissue paper seems budget.

• Heart
Also, just seen on Lucy Williams’ story that she also got the reposed box and tagged it gifted so I think Lizzy chose influencers for it to be sent to, meaning her pals probably didn’t even shill out the 40 or so pounds for it either! 😂
She misspelled absorbed twice :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.