Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For sure. Her outfits with a sharp tailored aspect look far more elevated. At the moment it's all creases and crinkles and no juxtaposition in textures to make things interesting.

In another way, I think she just looks... unwell. I feel bad saying that because if she’s reading this, it won’t help to hear that. If you look at older photos she looks healthy and vibrant which adds to the images. I would hate to say someone has to make themselves up to some degree, especially in lockdown slob times, but I think there’s needs to be some element of looking “together.” She’s a fashion blogger. It’s her job to look with it. She needs to put some make up on or fix her hair. The wafty undone look requires some level of faking it.
Totally agree. I realize that her success is a culmination of all her past work, but if I were a brand only looking at her output right now, I'd be shocked that she commands the prices/status that she does. Re: hair and makeup, she's never not wearing mascara, so it's not like she doesn't put in some effort. And I truly do not understand why she keeps getting these haircuts that never lay quite right. If you're constantly fiddling with it, something is wrong. She looked way better when hair and bangs were slightly longer, so it looked more graceful when tied back. A short blunt cut doesn't work well with her rounded, soft facial features.

I've narrowed down one reason why her outfits look so disheveled and off, and I think it's the white t-shirt poking out above all her knits. That one detail makes everything look way too casual and messy.

Reactions: 6
I’m quite fond of a casual look but I think as she did with stripping her wardrobe of all colour a while back, she stripped it of anything tailored/“fancy” so now there is no excitement or anything to differentiate her feed/content. I saw a comment on her last video that said they liked her in the more fitted camel coat because it was a change from everything always being oversized and I agree! She was over influenced by the Halpins but I think Lizzy would do well to go back to playing around with prints/textures/silhouettes again instead of a jumper-T-shirt-jeans combo every single post.

EDIT: I know it’s difficult in lockdown and she might want to convey some realistic outfits but her job is literally to make fashion content so she could at the very least try something else!

Reactions: 5
I've narrowed down one reason why her outfits look so disheveled and off, and I think it's the white t-shirt poking out above all her knits. That one detail makes everything look way too casual and messy.
This x 100! I hate it. Also, the constant pulling sleeves and collars out of everything. It makes a very expensive jacket look drab.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 21.44.01.png

She was over influenced by the Halpins but I think Lizzy would do well to go back to playing around with prints/textures/silhouettes again instead of a jumper-T-shirt-jeans combo every single post.
I've only just heard of these two and the influence is very evident... March 2019 though haha.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 21.47.17.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This x 100! I hate it. Also, the constant pulling sleeves and collars out of everything. It makes a very expensive jacket look drab.

View attachment 385907
Yes, that too! It's why she often looks like a child wearing adult clothing. Even Brittany Bathgate, queen of wearing things that are too big (and whose personal goal, I think, is to become a triangle), at least looks tidy in her outfits.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to really like her fashion content (when she would wear converse/realisation par dresses and still try to look cute). She does look ill/sad all the time now, and those bangs are absolutely gross.

Reactions: 1
I’ve always thought is Lizzy a bit unfortunate in the the looks department but recently her face has really started to look different, is it a combination of ageing and years of intentional undereating taking its toll? The haircut that looks as if a small child just attacked their hair with scissors and someone had to make the most of a bad situation? In her most recent video there was just something about her at the beginning that really made me feel a bit uncomfortable which I’ve never experienced when watching an influencer before.

The Acne jacket isn’t a classic, the sleeves are hideous, it will be sold in a few years. The Theory coat still had the tags on despite being worn for the ad and she probably sent it back to Yorkshire with her mother to be put on Depop.

Reactions: 5
About her Acne jacket, she literally says, "It's not the classic ones, which are called the Velocité". :rolleyes: Okay. So it's a "classic", but not one of the classics? She really has a talent for dropping a ton of coin on the least practical clothing. It reminds me of her leather jacket Testing Basics from years ago where she bought another very expensive, not classic Acne leather jacket which she ended up ranking the lowest. It was the same kind of oversized, boxy, cropped fit and she complained that it was difficult to wear with shoulder bags and crossbodies and therefore too impractical for the price. History just keeps repeating itself with her.

Reactions: 7
Lizzy being her articulate self as always. I think she was trying to say it is not Acne’s most well known style but still an aviator jacket that are a classic style. Whilst aviators are classic her Acne version is not and for the price of it she could have bought an actual vintage one.

I remember the Celine biker jacket from her tasting basics which, although personally I would have preferred it in black, is a timeless piece but Lizzy stopped wearing it less than a year after she bought it and sold it last year. It appears that she has sold all of the jackets from that video and I just wonder how long it will be until she decides she wants another biker jacket and spends a fortune on a new one to repeat the process.

Every year Lizzy buys at least on expensive coat/jacket proclaims it her personal style and then does a disappearing act by the end of the season, the cashmere Joseph coat, the Toteme leather jacket with the zips down the arms, etc. The AF Agger trench and Acne jacket will meet the same fate.

Reactions: 9
Lizzy being her articulate self as always. I think she was trying to say it is not Acne’s most well known style but still an aviator jacket that are a classic style. Whilst aviators are classic her Acne version is not and for the price of it she could have bought an actual vintage one.
Yes, I totally agree. I was just trying to point out the absurdity of her claiming her jacket is so "classic" while in the same breath admitting that it isn't one of Acne's perennial styles. She tries so hard to justify these purchases when I don't really know if she can identify what is classic or not. Because that would require research and knowledge of fashion history, which let's be honest, she will never do.

Reactions: 2
I’ve always thought is Lizzy a bit unfortunate in the the looks department but recently her face has really started to look different, is it a combination of ageing and years of intentional undereating taking its toll? The haircut that looks as if a small child just attacked their hair with scissors and someone had to make the most of a bad situation? In her most recent video there was just something about her at the beginning that really made me feel a bit uncomfortable which I’ve never experienced when watching an influencer before.

The Acne jacket isn’t a classic, the sleeves are hideous, it will be sold in a few years. The Theory coat still had the tags on despite being worn for the ad and she probably sent it back to Yorkshire with her mother to be put on Depop.
I noticed it too. I think it’s her gaunt looking face making her nose appear bigger.

Reactions: 2
Yes I think she suits long hair so much more, I loved it summer of 2019. The shorter hair just gives off a scruffy vibe especially as she’s constantly faffing and flipping it around, I don’t understand why she doesn’t just get a hairstyle that she won’t have to constantly reposition

Reactions: 8
[...]
As for her face changing, I sometimes have other suspicions, but that goes too far for me to mention, even on a gossip site.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.