Lizzy and Lindsey #8 Picking cities like they pick pets: Here today gone tomorrow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I found Ben annoying, I think it was Lizzy who made him annoying. She didn’t have to include his dance segments in her vlogs but she did every time probably because she wanted to be like “look at me I have a really funny bf who lives in a different country”!

She took her ability to work anywhere as an excuse to never be apart from him for a second. I remember he would go to work and she’d sit in the Airbnb/flat “working” (waiting for him) when she could’ve got a flight on a Friday evening and then spent the weekend when he was free.

As much as she says she doesn’t mind being alone, I think moving into that big house by herself probably made her realise she doesn’t like it. So she decided to move to NYC to one up Linda but also because she could be a Halpin shadow for a while and use that as company

Reactions: 13
Ben was born in Italy and raised in Sydney, he used to have it in his insta bio but I guess he would have moved at a very young age? At some point in his adult life he moved to Europe, lived in London and Italy for a while before Amsterdam. Ben is totally not my type in either the looks or personality department but there’s no denying he is more conventionally attractive than Lizzy.

I think Ben tried to be an influencer when he lived in London because on the podcast Lizzy said she originally met Ben when they were at the same blogger event, she was still with Harry and living in Manchester at the time. Ben had already moved to Amsterdam by the time Lizzy moved to London but they had been IG friends since first meeting and met up when he was back in London for an event.
Ben originally thought of Lizzy as a one night stand and Lizzy pushed for a relationship. Their first date was in Paris, Lizzy blogged it including pictures of Ben and I think she might have even vlogged it? Lizzy always seemed besotted with him, always seemed to encourage him and she edited the vlogs so it was always her choice to include him in them and to what extent.

Lizzy being Lizzy and always copying the people who come into her life - Lizzy had always mentioned dear old uncle Luigi but she really ramped up the Luigi content to the point where you would have thought she had Italian heritage and was a former miss Italy when she started dating Ben. Italian by proxy.

Luigi’s signet ring first appeared when Lizzy lived in Holland Park, after she started dating Ben - the Italian man who wore a signet ring. It was practically glued to Lizzy’s finger during the time she dated Ben and in the following years she wore it less and less. In a recent vlog when Lizzy talked about the Tada collection she claimed to have stopped wearing the ring because she found the black stone difficult to style but in reality did she only wear it because of Ben?

It was also when Lizzy used to say she wanted to live in Italy for a few months and learn Italian, another thing Ben had done. Ben had friends living in New York and they visited them as a couple, around that time Lizzy said she wanted to spend a month in New York spending a week in each part of the city to experience what it was like living there. That was eye roll in itself and something Ben had previously done elsewhere, but I think that is the closest Lizzy’s ever come to wanting to live abroad.

Was Ben only in her life for just short of a year? It’s weird to think all Lizzy has done since then is regress. And since Ben I don’t remember Lizzy ever mentioning wanting to live abroad again, even temporarily, she always said if she ever moved out of London it would be back to Manchester.
I think Lizzy’s mental health has been spiralling since she moved to East London but recently I think New York just makes her miserable. I don’t think she ever wanted to live abroad and it is a big upheaval to put yourself through if you’re doing it just to copy someone. New York is always going to leave so many unanswered questions.

Reactions: 18
It's obvious that her move to New York is just a way to get away from her life in London.

She originally moved to London to grow her career. Now that she is in New York she could easily become a huge youtuber by posting qualitative videos. The New York lovers (me included) never get enough of this city. There is so much to do and see.

She's better off going back to Manchester and leave the influencer world.

Reactions: 11
It's obvious that her move to New York is just a way to get away from her life in London.

She originally moved to London to grow her career. Now that she is in New York she could easily become a huge youtuber by posting qualitative videos. The New York lovers (me included) never get enough of this city. There is so much to do and see.

She's better off going back to Manchester and leave the influencer world.
We. Don’t. Want. Her!

• Haha
Was Ben in, or just out of her life when she journalled about her feelings for the photographer??
( I can't remember his name - but he had a girlfriend and Lizzy showed her journal entry about him in her vlog)
Always assumed a little cross over

Reactions: 8
Was Ben in, or just out of her life when she journalled about her feelings for the photographer??
( I can't remember his name - but he had a girlfriend and Lizzy showed her journal entry about him in her vlog)
Near the end, he was clearly on the way out.

I remember people speculating it was the reason they broke up lol.

Reactions: 9
The vlog that showed the page of her diary was after Ben and her had broken up. As mentioned above the photographer was Dean, and the page that was shown said that she realised she had feelings for Dean while she was still with Ben. She and Lindsay also shared some juicy stories about Dean(they didn't say his name directly but it was obvious) in the podcast.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
The only thing I really remember about Ben is when a few months after they broke up he took to stories to talk about how he had been in a toxic relationship that had been encouraging him to live an unhealthy lifestyle and drink far too much and how he had stopped drinking and taken to the gym and feels much better.
Beyond excessive drinking, I wonder if there was anything else toxic about their relationship. Better he hooked up with Lizzy vs Lizzy’s friend Hanna Louise.

Ben was born in Italy and raised in Sydney, he used to have it in his insta bio but I guess he would have moved at a very young age? At some point in his adult life he moved to Europe, lived in London and Italy for a while before Amsterdam. Ben is totally not my type in either the looks or personality department but there’s no denying he is more conventionally attractive than Lizzy.

I think Ben tried to be an influencer when he lived in London because on the podcast Lizzy said she originally met Ben when they were at the same blogger event, she was still with Harry and living in Manchester at the time. Ben had already moved to Amsterdam by the time Lizzy moved to London but they had been IG friends since first meeting and met up when he was back in London for an event.
Ben originally thought of Lizzy as a one night stand and Lizzy pushed for a relationship. Their first date was in Paris, Lizzy blogged it including pictures of Ben and I think she might have even vlogged it? Lizzy always seemed besotted with him, always seemed to encourage him and she edited the vlogs so it was always her choice to include him in them and to what extent.

Lizzy being Lizzy and always copying the people who come into her life - Lizzy had always mentioned dear old uncle Luigi but she really ramped up the Luigi content to the point where you would have thought she had Italian heritage and was a former miss Italy when she started dating Ben. Italian by proxy.

Luigi’s signet ring first appeared when Lizzy lived in Holland Park, after she started dating Ben - the Italian man who wore a signet ring. It was practically glued to Lizzy’s finger during the time she dated Ben and in the following years she wore it less and less. In a recent vlog when Lizzy talked about the Tada collection she claimed to have stopped wearing the ring because she found the black stone difficult to style but in reality did she only wear it because of Ben?

It was also when Lizzy used to say she wanted to live in Italy for a few months and learn Italian, another thing Ben had done. Ben had friends living in New York and they visited them as a couple, around that time Lizzy said she wanted to spend a month in New York spending a week in each part of the city to experience what it was like living there. That was eye roll in itself and something Ben had previously done elsewhere, but I think that is the closest Lizzy’s ever come to wanting to live abroad.

Was Ben only in her life for just short of a year? It’s weird to think all Lizzy has done since then is regress. And since Ben I don’t remember Lizzy ever mentioning wanting to live abroad again, even temporarily, she always said if she ever moved out of London it would be back to Manchester.
I think Lizzy’s mental health has been spiralling since she moved to East London but recently I think New York just makes her miserable. I don’t think she ever wanted to live abroad and it is a big upheaval to put yourself through if you’re doing it just to copy someone. New York is always going to leave so many unanswered questions.
Thank you for the tea. Now do you mind giving us a brief rundown of the first boyfriend, whom she lived with in her very early vlogs.

Was t that the odd photographer Dean ?
Not BB’s Dean?

Last edited:
New York is a hard city to live in, regardless of whether you are motivated or not. It therefore doesn't suprise me that Lizzy is struggling there, she can hardly hack London

If Lizzy was smart she would do autumn and spring in NY (best time to be in NY imo), this would force her to plan her time accordingly but also would mean she would avoid the harsh winter amd gross summer when a lot of NYers leave the city

Lizzy lives her life as though she's an artist travelling the world for inspiration. She needs to realise she's getting too old to live an aimless life and her followers are getting too old to find it interesting. Factor in that brands have less budget for influencer marketing over the next year or more, I doubt Lizzy will be around in the next three years. Unless she has a sprog 😑

• Heart
So Lizzy turned 30?! I hope she finds herself and brings out better content. I haven’t enjoyed any of her YouTube videos since she moved out of Notting Hill. It’s obvious she’s not feeling YouTube anymore or … not enjoying being an “influencer” at all! I still can’t believe she moved to New York shortly after getting that amazing house in London. Madness!

Reactions: 7
That's an interesting observation about the ring. She used to wear it loads (and a ring like that is not "hard to style" ffs), enough to become somewhat of a signature. It was actually one of the few things she influenced me to search for. Way nicer of an heirloom than all her tatty Tada & Toy/Mejuri/Missoma collabs.

Thank you for the tea. Now do you mind giving us a brief rundown of the first boyfriend, whom she lived with in her very early vlogs.
Harry was studying to be an architect I believe, and was also in a band, so Lizzy went out to pub shows and the like a lot more. He'd obviously show up in her vlogs but didn't seem to relish being on camera. He went on a few holidays with Lizzy and her Mom, like Bali and America/Canada. Seemed like a nice enough guy, definitely not a fancy boy like Ben. But they both shared similar tall, dark, husky features, so maybe she has a type (goofy-looking Dean being an outlier I hope). My guess is they simply grew apart, as many relationships formed in one's very early 20s do. Also, he seemed to have a solid career ahead of him that wouldn't have meshed well with Lizzy's influencer life style.

Reactions: 8
Photographer was called Dean, another obsession from Lizz

Latest video (sponsored by Sezane) is out and Lizzy seems very tired and puffy faced looking. Same ole jerky camera angles etc. She’ll be traveling back to London in a weeks time. Did a brief book review. Showed the odd night out. Touched based she doesn’t know how she feels turning 30. That’s it really!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Photographer was called Dean, another obsession from Lizz

Latest video (sponsored by Sezane) is out and Lizzy seems very tired and puffy faced looking. Same ole jerky camera angles etc. She’ll be traveling back to London in a weeks time. Did a brief book review. Showed the odd night out. Touched based she doesn’t know how she feels turning 30. That’s it really!
At the 5:33 mark onwards her face is SO puffy! Is that just due to tiredness or is she back to drinking ridiculous amounts again?!

Someone commented “MID VLOG” which I think possibly could go right over Lizzy’s head, but it’s basically slang for “average/tit”.

• Haha
At the 5:33 mark onwards her face is SO puffy! Is that just due to tiredness or is she back to drinking ridiculous amounts again?!
Probably a combination of constant flying, tiredness and drinking.

In a few years, she's going to age like a freight haul has smacked into her.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
"so good" "so nice" "really good" I lost brain cells

I'm so confused what she's doing in New York honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Elizabeth has sold her soul. What on earth is she wearing? Has she had a lobotomy?

IMG_6762.png

IMG_6767.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.