Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear, the comments regarding the online version of the Dreary aren't what one might call 'supportive'. With the exception of Bebb's usual sock-puppetry and Mad Nige from Dorset, they are the equivalent of an angry mob armed with pitchforks and blazing torches! Fancy that!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh dear, the comments regarding the online version of the Dreary aren't what one might call 'supportive'. With the exception of Bebb's usual sock-puppetry and Mad Nige from Dorset, they are the equivalent of an angry mob armed with pitchforks and blazing torches! Fancy that!
Liz really needs to get with Nige from Dorset and sail off into the sunset together.

Before the theatre tour was cancelled (conveniently due to COVID…even though other shows are back) I recall there were minimal tickets sold for when it was bookable.
could’ve filled the first two rows at a push. Guaranteed patrons would’ve been ardent swain Nigel from Dorset, Nic Bebb, Isobel, Dawn and that’s about it. Maybe Sue NEEDLEMAN.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Isn't SUE NEEDLEMAN too busy staying in hotels and drinking champagne with her husband of 30+ years because she has it all for no good reason while Liz struggles?

Isobel would be a fool to do Liz any more favours after the way Liz has spoken about her recently. Maybe Liz will try to have another book tour when she releases her "sexy, spicy thriller" The Tortoise

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Isn't SUE NEEDLEMAN too busy staying in hotels and drinking champagne with her husband of 30+ years because she has it all for no good reason while Liz struggles?

Isobel would be a fool to do Liz any more favours after the way Liz has spoken about her recently. Maybe Liz will try to have another book tour when she releases her "sexy, spicy thriller" The Tortoise
Curious title…’The Tortoise’
Not something that evokes sexiness/spiciness!!

• Haha
Curious title…’The Tortoise’
Not something that evokes sexiness/spiciness!!
It's supposed to be about a woman taking revenge on her ex (because coming up with an original idea is too much for our Lizzy.) Maybe it's a reference to "The Tortoise and the Hare" but it still doesn't sound sexy at all

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve never read 8.5 stone for obvious reasons, but I hear it’s HUGELY offensive in parts - something about the main character’s friend not wanting to walk home alone in case she gets raped or mugged by a ‘black man’ & some ‘quip’ about going make up free makes her look like ‘someone with Down syndrome’
How the duck does she get away with this?! Beyond appalling.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Bearing in mind Isobel did "very well" by acting as an intermediary re the purchase of Lawn House, I'm amazed they are still talking, to be honest. The old colonel couldn't believe his luck!
Wasn't SUE NEEDLEMAN supposed to guarantee some Hollywood a-lister picked up Jonesey's screenplay, guaranteeing her fame and riches beyond measure?

Oh, be still my beating heart! Guess who's featured in the new Freeman's catalogue? Only Abigail Aherne, purveyor of overpriced tat to remarkably stupid people with no taste!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's supposed to be about a woman taking revenge on her ex (because coming up with an original idea is too much for our Lizzy.) Maybe it's a reference to "The Tortoise and the Hare" but it still doesn't sound sexy at all
Well thats not the Tortoise thing I was reminded of, ie being so desparate for a poo that it feels like you're already doing it before you've got yer jeans undone, like a tortoise creeeping out of its shell :poop:🐢 Gross? Yeah I know but there you go, or maybe its because Liz's amazing novelette is going to be tit anyway????

• Haha
Oh, mercy, it's Liz Jones (podcast):

Liz's crush, Nigel the Aussie photographer appeared on Married at First Sight Australia. Women "the length and breadth of the United Kingdom" were tweeting at Liz about him, apparently. She and Nic ponder whether Nigel has remarried because he looks like he's put on weight. Nic tries to encourage Liz to contact him but Liz says it's too stalker-ish. Liz has been reading some crappy American self-help book about "love after 50." She complains that all her relationships ended because she was richer and more successful and then she got sick of paying for everything. She rants about internet dating. She sneers at Nic's table manners and claims to have "the best feet in the entire universe"

Liz and Nic go through some kind of quiz from the book. Liz says that she will only date someone that accepts that "the dogs come first." She says that before COVID-19 she was planning to go to Sydney to see Nigel, using HER TERMINALLY ILL SISTER (the one she wrote about a couple of months ago) as an "excuse." F*** off dying sister, you're not important, you're just a cover story for her to see Nigel. Liz brags that she is lovable, she "doesn't need to exercise" and she "vomits when she sees children." This goes on and on and on. Nic is happy she's lost some weight, but Liz makes some cruel remarks about how Nic will "drop like a stone" when she does a charity skydive. Liz claims to have "no quality of life."

Liz says she is constantly rude about fashion brands because she was not allowed to say anything negative about them whilst at Marie Claire, so now they refuse to invite her to fashion shows or even let her on the bus that takes the less important people to the shows. But it's all OK because she was just being "honest" about how Miu Miu is poor quality or Chanel is cruel to animals. She is INCENSED that she's exposed so much cruelty and injustice and yet people on Twitter tell her not to complain if they don't buy the paper because she is still being paid.

She reads out an archive column about being sent out to Bosnia to report on the "Annual Peace March." She went to an area with unexploded landmines which makes her just like Princess Diana!!! She's all "SEE, I don't just write about fashion" yet at the same time talks about how she had a Prada handbag with her. She says that before war, Bosnia was "a normal western country" that even hosted the Winter Olympics. But then people were driven to "chopping up their neighbours." The last person on earth who should be writing anything about this is Liz Jones. She tells a tragic story about her tour guide whose family were all killed, but the most salient detail to Liz is that the guy was hot so that's OK then. Liz says it really hit her that "this could happen anywhere" and was different from, say, Rwanda which she also reported on. So, it's different when it's a western country full of white people vs an African country full of Black people?! She talks about a woman she interviewed who'd been attacked and raped by soldiers wearing masks. Then Liz says "hmmm, I wonder why we've had masks introduced in this country?" Shut up, you vile old hag!!!

Liz talks again about how her work is oh so important and not trivial and not just about chasing after Nigel. And then more stuff about how she wants to chase after Nigel. She didn't actually read out a new column this week ... dare we hope it's the end?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Dreadful, mean, deluded woman. Why does the MOS still employ her? Surely the readership must be dwindling?

she’s already contacted Nigel the photographer previously via email & he’s shown zero interest. Just a polite ‘how are you?’ A brush off in other words. NOW she’s worried about coming across as a stalker? duck’s sake

oh and incidentally, the masks comment is disgusting. Didn’t she recently make a totally crass jibe about policeman recently in the podcast that alluded to the Sarah Everard murder? She’s repellent.

not only that, Nic was egging her on about pursuing Nigel (he is the SAMM) ten bleeping years ago!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
oh and incidentally, the masks comment is disgusting. Didn’t she recently make a totally crass jibe about policeman recently in the podcast that alluded to the Sarah Everard murder? She’s repellent.
Yes, she did, she said that the guy she was planning to go on a date with had sent her a crude text about "discarding her Myla thong" which put her off. She then said "at least he's not a police officer"

• Wow
  • Angry
Yes, she did, she said that the guy she was planning to go on a date with had sent her a crude text about "discarding her Myla thong" which put her off. She then said "at least he's not a police officer"
She’s so unbelievably offensive it’s off the charts. See my post about ‘8 and a half stone’😡😡
There have been numerous examples over the years…and who could forget the Jo Yeates piece?
How she has not been cancelled is beyond me.

Liz gives her opinion on Adele’s new album.
I don’t think Adele will be too worried:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She’s so unbelievably offensive it’s off the charts. See my post about ‘8 and a half stone’😡😡
There have been numerous examples over the years…and who could forget the Jo Yeates piece?
How she has not been cancelled is beyond me.
She did receive a lot of backlash over the Jo Yeates article, I think few people listen to the podcast so no one picks up on it. But then the Mail continues to employ Jan Moir, Melanie Phillips, Richard Littlejohn, and others who have had far bigger controversies from articles they published than Liz. Liz is definitely trying to be as hateful as possible so she can keep her job at the Mail, they've only recently taken her back after sacking her over Big Brother and she knows that if she doesn't keep the clicks coming in they'll replace her with another Katie Hopkins wannabe

• Sad
Reactions: 7
In this week she likens herself to legendary fashion figures like Grace Coddington or Suzy Menkes. The level of self deception is huge.

I know, right? Too funny! Vogue icon Grace and Suzy with her long, illustrious career. And then there’s wor Liz, the egg eating vegan that wear buttery leather, who writes a hit piece once a week, swiping at younger, more successful journos, ex boyfriends, her family, women who are not her, and an imaginary rock star. Pulitzer prize winning stuff for sure.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.