Little Things in Life That Make You Happy / Smile

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids laughing. (I can go from mad to butter wouldn’t melt in a split second.)

My oh sleeping in another room. (He snores really bad)

Watching sea waves in spring

My kids faces when they’ve done something they're proud of.

Summer mornings around 6am there is no better time of day than then.

Driving away from London of a night and seeing it all lit up.

Being greeted by my dogs when I get home

Knowing I have a family that loves me now.

Reactions: 2
My kids laughing. (I can go from mad to butter wouldn’t melt in a split second.)

My oh sleeping in another room. (He snores really bad)

Watching sea waves in spring

My kids faces when they’ve done something they're proud of.

Summer mornings around 6am there is no better time of day than then.

Driving away from London of a night and seeing it all lit up.

Being greeted by my dogs when I get home

Knowing I have a family that loves me now.
My OH snores loud too. I used to use foam earplugs but they were useless and always fell out. I ended up getting custom earplugs molded and oh my god, what a difference. I can actually sleep now. Expensive but worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My OH snores loud too. I used to use foam earplugs but they were useless and always fell out. I ended up getting custom earplugs molded and oh my god, what a difference. I can actually sleep now. Expensive but worth it.
Thank you I will look into them. It honestly is so bad some nights I’ve sobbed the next day I’m so tired 😂

I saw a young lad helping an old lady with her shopping today, she was made up bless her and couldn’t thank him enough.

Made my heart melt a little, just a nice moment between two strangers.

The warm softness of the top of my little boys head and his chubby cheeks and little squishy hands and the fact that I’ve got the life now I dreamed about when I was in the darkest period of my life ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you I will look into them. It honestly is so bad some nights I’ve sobbed the next day I’m so tired 😂
I had the same problem with an ex partner. He was banished to the room next door but I could still hear him through the wall. We aren’t together anymore.

Coffee and cake
An ice cold can of coke
Letting the dog off the lead in the park and watching him run like crazy
My baby falling asleep in a milk coma still latched on to my breast
Reading a really good book in the warmth of my bed while it’s raining and cold outside

Reactions: 3
I love fresh bedding or even not fresh but being warm and cosy in bed when it’s cold and you can hear the rain outside. It makes me feel so grateful for having a roof over my head and a place to sleep.

Night feeds with my baby girl. Yes the sleep deprivation is real lol but I know it won’t be forever and she’s always so warm and cuddly in the middle of the night. I could sit and hold her for hours:love:

Reactions: 3
Here's mine:

-Waking up refeshed after a good night's sleep.
-a clean and tidy house.
-a good chat and catch up with a friend.
-a quick chat with a passing dog (owner doesn't need to get involved).
-driving with my favourite tunes!
-eating out
-family trips to the cinema.
-the smell of freshly cut grass.
-having something to look forward to (even if it's just watching tv tonight).
-doing something for someone else.
- hearing children giggling.
- making my hubby laugh.
-food.

Reactions: 4
-When it's dawn and you look out of your window and the world seems so peaceful for a moment
-when your bf cooks your fave meal in time for you getting in from work
-my dog being cute
-discovering a really good book or TV series
-waking up and realising its the weekend and you can lie in
-an organised and tidy house
- good music
- booking a holiday 🙂 (especially a Disney one)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Drinking a hot cup of tea out of a china mug before it goes cold.

Crisps with a sandwich. Many different types of sandwiches, inc. cheese and pickle, cheese and tomato and peanut butter with jam.

Soup and a sandwich. I like to have this for dinner too.

Fish and chips, with buttered bread and a hot cup of tea. Think it might be a Northern or Yorkshire thing as I was served this as a child by Yorkshire relatives.

Last edited:
a lie in
black and white films - particularly Bette Davies ones
a brew and cig :)eek: yes i am one of the hated)
my fave scuzzy thermal nighty fresh out of the dryer so its still warm
A good scathing post on Tattle
@STJ_95 When he gets his perv on, always makes me chuckle
Christmas lights
@Mustard Chippy Tea! Although mine was/is Chips and Gravy and a barm with a can of Dandelion and Burdock or fizzy vimto - Proper northern
This morning, walking in the frosty dawn with my lab
My son, when he taps me on the head and says 'feed me woman'. I know i am rubbish and not supporting femanism etc, should tell him to bog off and do it himself but its sweet and i love it. Sorry!

Yel

Petrichor - that smell after rain. Especially in a forest
A perfectly cooked jacket potato with beans (my mum has scarred me from forcing me to eat baked potatoes that weren't cooked, but done right they are amazing)
A sea room with a great view to watch a storm come in
A good hot chocolate (none of that options tit) after a lovely and crisp winter walk
Snow and falling over in the snow going somewhere you probably shouldn't have gone
When your neighbours have all fucked off and you can hear the birds in the garden without a hot tub constantly buzzing, radio station adverts or a drill. Ok I'll stop now I'm missing the point :D