Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When your trying to park and the car behind you is to close! I reverse bay park. And when your at a event, and it takes forever to leave the carpark.....people who have to reverse out the space take forever rather than those who reverse in the space cos you can drive right out and join the worlds longest qeue..... I don’t let them out!!

This is incredibly specific, but those very fragile cheese biscuits- Carr’s Table Water. Every time I try to load Boursin onto one, I KNOW it’s going to collapse in the middle and drop onto the plate in large chunks. I *know* this but I keep doing it and getting angry when it happens.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Halloween took a whole month this year, what the hell? It’s less about trick or treating (or guising) and more about celebrating autumn as a whole, which is mental! Pumpkin picking and then carving is sh!t. It’s cold and difficult and you will cut your finger! The kids hate the goo and you get left with the mess! Also, pumpkins aren’t spicy, so those lattes aren’t necessary.
Every week my kids had something else they had to buy in or attend after hours, or wear (bring in a pound to wear a hat or something!) it’s supposed to be calm time before the madness of Christmas and it’s exhausting instead!!!

Also, don’t get me started on what’s happened to Christmas.

Reactions: 3
Halloween took a whole month this year, what the hell? It’s less about trick or treating (or guising) and more about celebrating autumn as a whole, which is mental! Pumpkin picking and then carving is sh!t. It’s cold and difficult and you will cut your finger! The kids hate the goo and you get left with the mess! Also, pumpkins aren’t spicy, so those lattes aren’t necessary.
Every week my kids had something else they had to buy in or attend after hours, or wear (bring in a pound to wear a hat or something!) it’s supposed to be calm time before the madness of Christmas and it’s exhausting instead!!!

Also, don’t get me started on what’s happened to Christmas.
October was a loooooong month indeed.

Reactions: 1
- People who type “defiantly” instead of “definitely”.
- People who say “7am in the morning” - you don’t NEED to say both, it’s 7.00 and it’s either 7am, OR it’s in the morning!!
- “He’s one years old” No, he’s one YEAR old. Similarly, those annoying mothers who say “He’s 36 months old”.. Hun, he’s 3.
- People clicking their knuckles or necks or whatever else on their body that clicks 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Black bloody friday..... sick of the sight of it
Yes! I don’t know where you live but the fact it’s become a ‘thing’ in the UK in only the last four or five years is so stupid. Because although most holidays are used as capitalist cash ins these days, at least they hide behind the facade of what they were originally about - and you have the choice of how much you focus on their original meaning and how much on shopping. But as we don’t celebrate thanksgiving in the UK, Black Friday makes no sense. It’s like having Boxing Day without Christmas, it doesn’t work. Other than for the most obviously cynical purpose of selling stuff.

Reactions: 2
Yes! I don’t know where you live but the fact it’s become a ‘thing’ in the UK in only the last four or five years is so stupid. Because although most holidays are used as capitalist cash ins these days, at least they hide behind the facade of what they were originally about - and you have the choice of how much you focus on their original meaning and how much on shopping. But as we don’t celebrate thanksgiving in the UK, Black Friday makes no sense. It’s like having Boxing Day without Christmas, it doesn’t work. Other than for the most obviously cynical purpose of selling stuff.
I'm in the UK too and I totally dont understand why it's even become a thing!

Glad it's not just me then👏👏😂. How can people not know that it doesn't make sense when they use of instead of have ('ve)🙄.
Yes that annoys me too. Similarly double negatives “I didn’t do nothing to her” - it sounds so obviously wrong out of context but I hear people use them all the time! I have to restrain myself from correcting them and sounding like a snob. I’m not a grammar pedant in the slightest but things like double negatives, “should of” etc stick out because they sound awful.

Reactions: 3
People in the office with colds blowing their noses and not washing / sanitising their hands afterwards, then proceeding to touch the photocopier, kettle, cupboard and door handles, licking their fingers to separate their printouts from other people's etc.

People in the office asking if they can borrow my pencil, rubber, whatever. There is a stationery cupboard. Go and get your own!!

People in the office not having their hole puncher adjusted to A4 size, so papers get all ruffled up at the edges because they overlap the other pages in a file because the holes have been punched in the wrong place.

Dealing with a chronic illness (suffering in silence most of the time TBH), then having to listen to people in the office regaling everyone with their health issues, usually intimate details of their gynaecological woes, then feeling affronted that I won't tell them (apart from my manager, the only person who's business it is) why I have had a day off sick.

When people say "bare with me". NO. It's "BEAR with me".

Supermarket gripes;
A) checkout staff (of not even supervisory level) who have been given headsets and then proceed to chat amongst themselves while serving you
B) checkout staff that start to put your shopping through the till before the person in front has finished packing theirs away
C) the staff who do the picking for home deliveries/click and collect - they are always in the way with their trolleys

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
People who say oh but she does look after her kids!! Or her kids are always nice and clean!!! I don't understand Aren't we supposed to look after our own children anyways? do we need credit doing what we're meant to do?

Reactions: 4
I'm in the UK too and I totally dont understand why it's even become a thing!
Amazon (American) and Asda (owned by Wal-Mart) started it off, seeing it as sales opportunities like they saw in the US. If they see a good way of boosting sales in one place, fair enough they were gonna try it elsewhere as well. Then everyone else joined in.

But the deals are never really very good in the U.K., and I also agree I hate it because there is no thanksgiving to justify Black Friday. In the years of it happening over here, the only thing I’ve ever bought was a 1.75litre bottle of Disaronno for £30 from Morrisons last year. It’s hardly a great event in the U.K. for proper deals.

This is incredibly specific, but those very fragile cheese biscuits- Carr’s Table Water. Every time I try to load Boursin onto one, I KNOW it’s going to collapse in the middle and drop onto the plate in large chunks. I *know* this but I keep doing it and getting angry when it happens.
I love this! These are the petty things of life that are so interesting. Getting unreasonably annoyed is a great joy. Makes you feel alive.
I'm sure this has been mentioned here by others but one of my 'oh for fucks sake' things is people parking stupidly close to you in a relatively empty carpark. I had one where they parked so close (in an empty carpark) I couldn't fully open the door. I took a photo I was so peeved.

Reactions: 1
People who say oh but she does look after her kids!! Or her kids are always nice and clean!!! I don't understand Aren't we supposed to look after our own children anyways? do we need credit doing what we're meant to do?
This!
And similarly ‘oh she always had a meal on the table for them’.
I would have thought feeding your kids was the absolute minimum you do as a parent, not something to be praised for 🤷‍♀️

People who both say and spell it ‘marshmellow’. It’s marshmallow, marsh-MAL-low, you halfwits!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.