Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those little things in life that annoy you but you bottle up, let them free here.

My sister's husband always leaves 2-3 mouthfuls of food on his plate. Even if he serves himself. Just seems wasteful and must add up to quite a lot of binned food every week. I know it's not helpful to say finish your plate, but it annoys me that there always has to be waste. He'll help himself to seconds but still leave some food to waste.

My neighbours use their tumble dryer even during a sunny day. They have it in the guarage and leave the guarage door open so all day yesterday sitting in the garden you could hear it whining, eventually stopping for a few seconds then going the other way. They must have done several loads that would have dried just fine if they spent a few quid on a washing line, and they have plenty of room for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Mr naysayer has this really annoying habit of never finishing a sentence. He just says or...and leaves it hanging. Eg "have you got work today or...." Are you watching that or.... Has the dog had a walk today or.... Ahhh it drives me mad!! I usually snap OR WHAT?? back at him and then he gets huffy and says I know what he means. Good times 🤣 feels good to share that ha!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I have lots of cushions on my sofa; my youngest son hates them and throws them on the back of the sofa or on the floor when he sits there😡

All of my sons throw the towels over the bath instead of hanging them up to dry despite me reminding them.😡

Some people up the road have had a huge side extension on their house, they’ve left their brick mountain at the side and the garden is a shithole , the grass is at least 3 feet tall. Why spend a fortune on an extension and not bother making the outside look nice? I’m not a snotty neighbour just why ?🤔

That’s better 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Instagrammers/influences that take photos on our street/outside our house.

I’ve not been able to get my kids down our street because of them before.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Those little things in life that annoy you but you bottle up, let them free here.

My sister's husband always leaves 2-3 mouthfuls of food on his plate. Even if he serves himself. Just seems wasteful and must add up to quite a lot of binned food every week. I know it's not helpful to say finish your plate, but it annoys me that there always has to be waste. He'll help himself to seconds but still leave some food to waste.
Totally get what you’re saying about it being annoying.

But I’ve heard that it apparently an old etiquette thing. That you leave a little bit of food in your plate, even if you’ve had seconds etc. To say to the host that you have been satisfied, you’ve had enough food, and to signal to the host they made enough food, that sort of thing.

Reactions: 9
OH MY GOD. This thread is so up my street!!!!!!!
Queue jumpers. I mean, you're in a hurry, but so am I?! Just stick to the f***ing queue!! This is my no. 1 pet peeve and when this happens to me, I really struggle to keep my sh** together and not snap, which has happened and my mum and sister are now terrified of having to queue with me.
People taking their shoes off on the plane. OH MY GOD, how can people think others want to smell their stinky feet for hours?! It's not like we can open the windows to let fresh air in!
People chewing with their mouths open or speaking while chewing. My skin crawls and I can't focus on anything else.
Throwing chewing gum onto the pavement. I've lost count on how many times I've stepped on fresh chewing gum. Just a month ago, I was wearing a pair of brand new sandals for the first time, and someone had thrown one right outside my car, the driver's door and I stepped on it! I looked like a possessed woman.
Buses and trains, when leople put their feet up with the soles right on top of the seat! Aaarrgghh!
Sneezing and not covering your mouth. I mean, I can literally see the nasty bacteria coming out of their mouths! I sure as hell don't want it inside me!
When someone has a cold/flu, say they have it, only to proceed to shake hand or give a couple kisses to greet. I mean, dafuq?!
Dog owners not picking up their dogs business!
I could honestly go on for hours. I'm not a very patient person.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Oh god this is a great thread right here we go...

I hate it when you’re driving and going round a corner but the car behind you is going that fast it looks like it’s gonna go into the back of you whilst you’re turning said corner.
School runs and the amount of congestion it causes, worse than rush hour in some cases and the women cannot drive to save their lives and need the entire road to get through. Back when I was a kid I walked or got the bus.

I also hate when you’re talking to someone and they ask how you are, you answer then they just talk over you and start talking about what they’ve done and you feel like they ask how you are just to get it out of the way. 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The bed linen on h+m online is never in stock in the size I want and I mean NEVER! I check daily and it’s always out of stock.

What’s that all about then?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Mr naysayer has this really annoying habit of never finishing a sentence. He just says or...and leaves it hanging. Eg "have you got work today or...." Are you watching that or.... Has the dog had a walk today or.... Ahhh it drives me mad!! I usually snap OR WHAT?? back at him and then he gets huffy and says I know what he means. Good times 🤣 feels good to share that ha!
Yes!! I know people that text like that!

Reactions: 6
Yes we do - not too far from London tourist spots. Luckily we haven’t had another come on to the actual property grounds but I know a few have.
That’s really interesting😊, I too would find it hugely annoying and if anyone came into my property uninvited for a photo opportunity I’d be extremely irritated .

Reactions: 6
People making comments on your food in the communal kitchen at work. Sometimes even peering into your tupperware to have a good nose: "oOoOoh what have you got there?!" Get your face out of my microwave rice, please! Just because you are a foodie doesn't mean you can interrogate every body's lunch. Every day!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Here we go...😂
- people who stand FAR to close to you when your in a line (atm, supermarket...whatever - back off!)
- people who text, apply makeup, Light cigarettes WHEN DRIVING 🤬
- neighbours who run out to move their car into the space you've just left (losers!)
- when you listen intently to someone, giving them your full attention, and they dont even look at you when you speak 🤯
-people who play on their phone when you're speaking.
-people who cut you off and guess what you're going to say next instead of just LETTING YOU SPEAK!
- people who are blatantly fake and full of tit online and use their fake lives to make others feel bad about themselves
Rant over lol

• Heart
Reactions: 41
People who ask a question and then talk over you when you give your reply.

Reactions: 17
Here we go...😂
- people who stand FAR to close to you when your in a line (atm, supermarket...whatever - back off!)
- people who text, apply makeup, Light cigarettes WHEN DRIVING 🤬
- neighbours who run out to move their car into the space you've just left (losers!)
- when you listen intently to someone, giving them your full attention, and they dont even look at you when you speak 🤯
-people who play on their phone when you're speaking.
-people who cut you off and guess what you're going to say next instead of just LETTING YOU SPEAK!
- people who are blatantly fake and full of tit online and use their fake lives to make others feel bad about themselves
Rant over lol
All of thee above!

Reactions: 5
People that crunch 🤢even when they make that horrible sloshing noise with a banana makes me want to hurt them.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
When there’s dry food in the bowl for the cat but he meows and stares at you until you refill it up right to the top.

#mexicanstandoff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

My neighbours use their tumble dryer even during a sunny day. They have it in the guarage and leave the guarage door open so all day yesterday sitting in the garden you could hear it whining, eventually stopping for a few seconds then going the other way. They must have done several loads that would have dried just fine if they spent a few quid on a washing line, and they have plenty of room for it.
My partner does this with tea,coffee etc never ever finishes a cup.

My neibour is exactly the same never hangs washing out even with two small kids tumble drier is constantly on. and it seems to be against the wall directly under my bedroom never get a lie in now.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
When my 3 year old dips her food in her juice. It’s gross but she does it with almost everything 🤢😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.