Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Call me fussy, but I hate it when people write could of, would of and should of etc etc😂. It does NOT make sense🤣🤣. It's could've, would've and should've. The ('ve) meaning have not of. Sorry, it's petty but it annoys me😕
You've just reminded me of something else.
When people put 'on route' when it's supposed to be 'en route'
Twats

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh man I was away on my honeymoon last year and at some point our smoke detector malfunctioned and started going off at 6am! I'd just changed the batteries so knew it wasn't that! The neighbour called the fire brigade because they thought it might be our Carbon Monoxide alarm and we were in there dead somewhere or something! Absolutely mortified when we got home and found out. Worse still the fire brigade had to gain entry through our bathroom window so there were grubby fireman boot prints everywhere, all the curtains had been flung open so they could air the house out and one had been broken. The house had that awful "someone else has been here" feeling.
We went away for the weekend and our fire alarm was going off for 24hours! Bloody awkward phone call from the neighbours who had, had no sleep 🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When people write their name and capitalise one but not the other eg

tom Jones

It annoys me just to write that 😅 I can handle both in lower case because that’s what all the kids are doing these days on their bios. But when they’re different 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Instagramners with thousands of selfie photos ..Who the hell is interested and what makes them think people will be interested??

Sorry if I offend anyone but people who shorten vegetable to ‘veg’
It’s usually by people that never eat vegetables, like my mother in law who serves up one tiny bowl at Christmas between 20 of us.

Also women that overuse the word ‘hun’ (again sorry!)
On social media when someone posts some cryptic message then you get swarms of women commenting saying ‘i’ll Txt you hun’

My other half and his inability to see mess and putting dirty clothes on the wash basket instead on in it.

My neighbour who insists on getting his motorbike out to rev the engine for no apparent reason all the time.

Reactions: 5
We have a little shoe rack by the front door and my husband takes his shoes off and leaves them on the floor in front of the shoe rack! It drives me insane! 🤦‍♀️

For me it's people who get to the train platform after me and try to push in front of me. I started getting on at a different carriage because one guy would do it every single day despite me being very obviously pregnant!
I think all men do the first one. It is soooo irritating.

My fella leaving empty wrappers around the house. When he eats all the bread and doesn’t buy more.
People who overtake you going way past the speed limit in their bmw
People having loud phone calls on buses
Rude shop assistants
Self service checkouts “unexpected item in bagging area” I’ve just scanned it 😡
Not picking up their dog mess 🤢
Puke on pavements from Friday Saturday night
Broken glass on the floor
Traffic jams
Door to door salesmen.
When someone has a snotty nose they sit sniffing instead of blowing it
Men when they’re ill
Everything really 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Their should be a penalty for there mistakes. Now, were where we? 🙈

I have had substitutions for shopping...
Instead of a Halal chicken, I got an organic one...I kindly explained I could not make use but he delivery person was insistent I keep it as it was expensive and they did not charge me for it.
A tin of plum tomatoes instead of ones I needed for a salad.

Related to shopping, people who say Marks & Spencers, Tescos and Asdas or Sainos/Sainsbos...no idea why, it just irritates me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
People who cannot pronounce all of the consonants in the words "fifth" and "sixth". It is not "fith" or "sith".

Oh, that has bugged me for years, I feel cleansed now and in need of a cigarette.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When you let other drivers through and they don’t say thank you.

My wanker neighbour parks his big rusty old work van over my drive so I can’t get my car in properly, I’ve asked him politely not too, he proceeded to do it more. Bear in mind here that I am 26, he is at least late 50’s.
He is so intimidating and I can tell he enjoys it
Cannot stand people like this makes my blood boil, someone did that to my friend once and we parked our cars so close they couldnt move. And she never got confronted cos he got a taste of his own medicine Never had any trouble after that!

When you let other drivers through and they don’t say thank you.

My wanker neighbour parks his big rusty old work van over my drive so I can’t get my car in properly, I’ve asked him politely not too, he proceeded to do it more. Bear in mind here that I am 26, he is at least late 50’s.
He is so intimidating and I can tell he enjoys it
What an absolute wanker!

People picking up items in the supermarket, but then dumping them in random areas when they don't want it anymore. I've seen a melon in the pizza aisle. Chicken breast pieces chucked in in with ice cream- they store obviously wouldn't be able to sell as it had frozen !

Reactions: 3
Loud chewers. And loud chewers who talk with food in mouth. Bad enough we can hear their chewing.

I have a co worker who talks NON STOP. She's not deaf, but pretends to be, she just loves her voice.

Also nosy people.

Said colleague is also a nosy person,she looks like a cross between a ostrich (legit sticks her head out to hear what's anyone's saying) and a hippopotamus that chews loudly

• Haha
Loud chewers. And loud chewers who talk with food in mouth. Bad enough we can hear their chewing.

I have a co worker who talks NON STOP. She's not deaf, but pretends to be, she just loves her voice.

Also nosy people.

Said colleague is also a nosy person,she looks like a cross between a ostrich (legit sticks her head out to hear what's anyone's saying) and a hippopotamus that chews loudly
We had one of them ..... she left recently and the office is just a joyous pocket of serenity now with added bonus of no bitchiness. 🏝 It’s honestly just lovely 😊

Reactions: 1
People that use the word NOM..or nom nom nom :mad:
or the word Lush - cannot stand it.
Bad grammar, like 'his been such a good boy' and 'your so funny!' its HE'S and YOUR'E
Taking the bins out - why do I hate it so much?!
Also, putting washing away! Why do I have piles of clothes constantly around my house?!
I HATE IT.

Reactions: 9
Lol. We use our tumble dryer all the time here in Canada. I am from the UK so very used to not having one but hanging washing out isn't seen as a thing here. In fact, some will complain about it as it doesn't "look nice."
It’s the same in the US and it drives me crazy!! The HOAs for neighborhoods have all basically banned the clotheslines because they think they look ‘tacky’ or ‘ghetto’, I just wanna hang my bleeping clothes to dry outside in the sun damn it!! I lived in Europe for a long time and that’s the #1 thing I miss. duck.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.