Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh I’d be twitching! 😁
She dipped her fish fingers in her orange juice tonight. For my own sanity, she’s having water with her meals from now on 😂😂

Tonight I have another one to add.

When people constantly complain about their kids. I have a neighbour who is ALWAYS posting online about how her daughter has been naughty/annoying/a general inconvenience to her that day.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People who eat with their mouth open
People who can't use a knife and fork properly- this is ridiculously common now with teenagers!
People who scrape their teeth on cutlery
People who drive into car parking spaces
Those little plastic things inside the tops of milk that you have to pull off

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I forgot to mention about the tumble-dryer thing: a poster on these threads mentioned it's actually against the law to hang out washing in the States and Canada (even homes with a garden) so everyone uses a dryer all year round. Electricity must be a lot cheaper over there!

Or stains the sink! Petty, I know, but I'm easily annoyed.
Against the law?! Wow!

Love this thread!! My husband leaves his shoes EVERYWHERE and one of the children always trips over them as he leaves them in such stupid places 🙄
People who drive the school run when they literally live 2/3 mins away.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes we do - not too far from London tourist spots. Luckily we haven’t had another come on to the actual property grounds but I know a few have.
I recently read an article about Instgramers taking pop up tents to change in on the streets so they can take multiple pictures in different outfits. Sad fucks.

You should get sprinklers and film it for our amusment.

So the thing that irritates me most is other peoples music.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That’s really interesting😊, I too would find it hugely annoying and if anyone came into my property uninvited for a photo opportunity I’d be extremely irritated .
It’s so irritating. Such a double edge sword though - we can’t do anything unless they come on the property, but we don’t want them on the property in the first place.

Reactions: 2
People going to the cinema to stuff their faces with all things crunchy? How I am supposed to actually listen to the film??!!! It's not a restaurant, IT'S THE CINEMA!! Eating at the cinema should be banned, period.
Talking at the cinema?! Whyyyyyy??!!
People not flushing. Is it so difficult to flush after doing one's business?! I think not and I sure as hell don't want to see anyone's business!!!
Public loos, when you couldn't lock the door and then an idiot goes ahead and opens the door instead of knocking!!!!!!! [emoji35][emoji2959]
People with poor hygiene and then stink. I've had colleagues who would smell so bad, that I couldn't inhale close to them. I just can't. [emoji1785]
Eating on public transportation. OH MY GOD. I do not want to smell your stinky kebab, thanks very much!!
At the beach, when there's loooooads of space around you, but a family of 6 chooses to sit right next to you, so close you can actually touch them. Whyyyy?! This is my space!!
Overall personal space invaders. Please don't touch me, I don't know where your hands were. [emoji1785]
At the supermarket, people squeezing the crap out of bread to see if it's soft.
When you go into a small boutique and then the sales assistant/assistants are constantly walking behind you to keep tabs. It puts me right off from buying anything at all!
When you're in a fitting room and then the sales assistant doesn't respect your space. I've had one open the curtain when I was trying on bras!!!!! Dafuq!!
People picking their nose in public. So gross.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Love this thread!! My husband leaves his shoes EVERYWHERE and one of the children always trips over them as he leaves them in such stupid places 🙄
People who drive the school run when they literally live 2/3 mins away.
We have a little shoe rack by the front door and my husband takes his shoes off and leaves them on the floor in front of the shoe rack! It drives me insane! 🤦‍♀️

For me it's people who get to the train platform after me and try to push in front of me. I started getting on at a different carriage because one guy would do it every single day despite me being very obviously pregnant!

People (normally my family) who leave the tiniest piece of toilet roll on the tube.
Also why does it always seem to be me who has to replenish the toilet roll holder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Those little things in life that annoy you but you bottle up, let them free here.

My sister's husband always leaves 2-3 mouthfuls of food on his plate. Even if he serves himself. Just seems wasteful and must add up to quite a lot of binned food every week. I know it's not helpful to say finish your plate, but it annoys me that there always has to be waste. He'll help himself to seconds but still leave some food to waste.

My neighbours use their tumble dryer even during a sunny day. They have it in the guarage and leave the guarage door open so all day yesterday sitting in the garden you could hear it whining, eventually stopping for a few seconds then going the other way. They must have done several loads that would have dried just fine if they spent a few quid on a washing line, and they have plenty of room for it.
Lol. We use our tumble dryer all the time here in Canada. I am from the UK so very used to not having one but hanging washing out isn't seen as a thing here. In fact, some will complain about it as it doesn't "look nice."

• Haha
When my other half leaves stuff in the sink rather than putting it inside the dishwasher. I ask why it’s in the sink, and he says ‘it’s soaking’. I look inside the sink, the whole thing is bone dry 😡 so what is ‘soaking’ exactly?!?!. 😤 proper pisses me off 👿

• Angry
I HATE being called “guys”, especially by people I don’t know (e.g. staff on public transportation), whatever happened to ladies and gentlemen and some manners?

Reactions: 13
When my other half leaves stuff in the sink rather than putting it inside the dishwasher. I ask why it’s in the sink, and he says ‘it’s soaking’. I look inside the sink, the whole thing is bone dry 😡 so what is ‘soaking’ exactly?!?!. 😤 proper pisses me off 👿
This sounds so infuriating! My OH puts things in to soak (in cold water!) without scraping/rinsing the plate first :mad::mad:

Reactions: 5
-People who dont indicate...
-People who dont say thanks when I have let them passed or held a door open
- following the same slow person all around the supermarket

Reactions: 7
It's not against the law. I'm a Brit living in the US and hang wash out all the time. If you live in a gated community or condo community sometimes they have rules that do not allow washing lines. Washing lines are not common here, but they are totally legal. :)
Yes, that was me that posted it originally. It isn't against the law but some cities have bylaws against it. If you do it in a city with a bylaw, you can be fined. A bylaw can be stuff like not cutting your grass, not shovelling snow, letting your dog walk offleash, hanging clothes out (in some areas), music too loud, etc. Someone from the city will come out and assess the complaint. If they agree with the complaint, they will fine you and also bill you if they have to do work such as clearing the snow on the sidewalk outside your house.

Sunday drivers. Drivers who don't indicate, or more so those who turn and THEN indicate! Mostly drivers annoy me.
Groups who walk in one wide line blocking the path.

Excuse double post.
Random strangers who tell you to "cheer up, it might never happen"

Reactions: 6
Yes, that was me that posted it originally. It isn't against the law but some cities have bylaws against it. If you do it in a city with a bylaw, you can be fined. A bylaw can be stuff like not cutting your grass, not shovelling snow, letting your dog walk offleash, hanging clothes out (in some areas), music too loud, etc. Someone from the city will come out and assess the complaint. If they agree with the complaint, they will fine you and also bill you if they have to do work such as clearing the snow on the sidewalk outside your house.
We have similar ordinances but thankfully washing is not one of them. I haven't come across the wash one in the places I have lived in NE. I wish my town would actually bill the people who dump their driveway snow on the road and sidewalk. Enforcing it seems nigh on impossible. :rolleyes: I guess that is my biggest pet peeve.

Reactions: 1
- “Thank you in advance”
You really just assumed you were getting a reply 🙄
- Ocado substitutes.
No lemons available.... here’s some lemon scented washing up liquid.
A family member had potato waffles sent instead of baby potatoes. 😐
Which is basically potatoes for toddlers so they weren’t exactly wrong 🤷‍♀️
- Kids repetitively bouncing a ball on the street outside at 10pm.
Thud, thud, thud, thud, thud.
Kids should be locked up past 6.30pm. Don’t @ me.
- House/car alarms going off in the summer.
You’ve gone away? I’d rather you lose the contents of your house if it means I don’t lose my actual SHIIIIT at your house alarm going off for a solid week on and off.
- People on bikes on the road.
You DO NOT OWN THE ROAD, why are you in the middle of the road... what are you doing.... put you hands ON THE HANDLE BARS AND TAKE YOUR EARPHONES OUT!

That felt good.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People who cycle on our parking-congested road instead of using the cycle path right next to it that is safer and doesn’t hold up traffic for 1 mile!

Idiot drivers who speed through through the village causing the speed camera to flash and yet they ignore it

Shoes left all over the house

Shoes not being taken off in the hallway and crap and dust from outside being paddled over the carpets 🤯

Common courtesy like please, thank you, holding doors open, not invading personal space, letting elderly/ disabled/pregnant ladies have seats in public transport. About 6 years ago I was very heavily pregnant and caught the train to see some relatives. Unbeknown to me there was a big football match going off in the same city and the train was packed with football fans. Not one of those men offered me their seat for the whole journey 🤣 and I was packed in next to the doors so got jostled every stop, my bump being forced in the face of this pissed up old fan 😫 it was a loooong hour!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.