Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who ‘claim’ baby names, before they’re even thinking of getting pregnant. “That’s my name...” erm. No, actually, it’s not. Grow up 😂
They will happily ramble on about ‘their’ baby name, yet get mad if someone else hears it, likes it and decides to use it 😆 If it’s that precious to you shut up and keep it private!

Bonus points for ridiculousness if it’s a common or fashionable name that others would be using anyway

Reactions: 3
People that can’t drive, dont know how to use a roundabout and don’t use indicators, does my nut in!
Rude people who come somewhere late and park wherever they please and have no consideration for anyone but themselves ugh.
People that barge into you or Infront of you as if you’re actually invisible.
People that think the world revolves around them and only them and is all me me me me
Makes me sick can’t stand it lol

Reactions: 4
People that scuff their feet when they walk, like they just cannot be bothered to pick their feet up. shlump, shlump, shlump

Slow walkers....

People in stores who take up the entire isle and aren't even aware you are standing behind them, waiting.

People who get too close in the check out isle, let me pay for my groceries before you move up!

Slow walkers.....hehe That drives me batty, was worth saying twice.

Reactions: 5
People who invade my personal space when we’re queuing. I move forward a little to get away and they do too. 😠

• Angry
Reactions: 5
People driving up my arse or doing 30 in a 60 limit.
Trades people turning up 2 or 3 or 4 hours late for an appointment then for example a couple of so called electricians today and I use the word electrician loosely (they didn’t know their arse from their elbow) trying to say previous work had been done wrong. I hate con merchants with a passion. I’m putting in a new electricity supply and I know a lot more of the basics than they obviously did but because I’m female and no spring chicken they just think I’m stupid. They didn’t even survey the job just wanted my email to send their quote.

Reactions: 1
People driving up my arse or doing 30 in a 60 limit.
Trades people turning up 2 or 3 or 4 hours late for an appointment then for example a couple of so called electricians today and I use the word electrician loosely (they didn’t know their arse from their elbow) trying to say previous work had been done wrong. I hate con merchants with a passion. I’m putting in a new electricity supply and I know a lot more of the basics than they obviously did but because I’m female and no spring chicken they just think I’m stupid. They didn’t even survey the job just wanted my email to send their quote.
Sorry but an electrician will advise the property owner if the existing work is not correct. It is to cover themselves and also to ensure your safety.

Sorry but an electrician will advise the property owner if the existing work is not correct. It is to cover themselves and also to ensure your safety.
I understand what you are saying but these two today didn’t have a clue about the works that needed to be done. I renovate property and make sure everything is signed off by accredited trades. The people I usually work with are flat out at the moment.

I understand what you are saying but these two today didn’t have a clue about the works that needed to be done. I renovate property and make sure everything is signed off by accredited trades. The people I usually work with are flat out at the moment.
I so relate to the scenario you described. Working in media, I often rely on the tech support team to save my day and usually am very grateful for them.

They can be such twats though. It’s like they physically can’t hear any information superior to theirs, even if it’s about equipment you use every day, if it comes from a woman’s mouth.

One time we were having trouble with anmixing desk. I provided all relevant information about how it worked, and what was wrong to one technician, as well as fixes that had worked in the past. Most of what I said barely seemed to register, but when a senior tech turned up to help he parroted all my information, including suggested action, word for word as if it was his own. Worse still, I don’t even know if he was aware. Seemed more like he convinced himself his own brilliant subconscious offered it up.

It’s not that you are “no spring chicken” - men like this will find ways to patronise actual spring and middle-aged chickens too

Reactions: 2
People who invade my personal space when we’re queuing. I move forward a little to get away and they do too. 😠
I have looked at people who have done that to me and asked "you paying for my groceries?" When they look, or answer...I say "back up please"

• Haha
When this happens I move forward, stand sort of sideways and stick my foot out really far. So they would have to stand on my foot to get any closer

People that jump in front of you getting on/off the bus even though you have a pushchair and toddler!!

People that jump in front of you getting on/off the bus even though you have a pushchair and toddler!!
On the other side of this, people who get on a rush hour bus with their kids and a pram, hold the baby but don’t attempt to fold the pram, don’t say excuse me and just ram the pram in to people etc....and then ask for individual seats for each child (even though they could easily share). I’m all for trying to be helpful to people who have kids and are obviously having a much more stressful morning than I am but people who act entitled and don’t attempt to meet half way drive me insane!

Leaving lights on 😂 can’t stand it! Or wearing shoes in the house! Or when people tailgate me when I’m doing the speed limit not even going slow! Like if I had to break they’d be stuffed! Or they over take and you end up at the same traffic light.. what’s the point just drive normally 😂😀

Reactions: 4
When they complain about someone who is being an internet troll then 👏👏 when someone trolls them. Double standards🙄

When you wait what seems like forever for a car to come through, and they don't put a hand up to say thank you! Nothing riles me more. Its basic manners! On many occasions, I've shouted 'thank you' very loud out of my window and the driver has glared at me! People who eat with their mouth open. People who only ever talk about themselves, I once went on 3 dates with a guy, every one of them was spent talking about how much money he makes buying old cars and selling them for profit, what he did when he wasn't working, how many houses he had. I don't think he ever even asked about me once, I said to myself after the 2nd date that if it happened on the 3rd date I was ditching him. He seemed surprised when I told him there wouldn't be a 4th!

When someone way ahead of you stands and holds the door. Or when someone stops their car so you can walk by when you are 1/4 mile away. Don't make people run so you can be considerate. LOL

People who allow their dogs to bark and bark and bark. My neighbor chanins her dog up while she works in the yard, he barks the entire time, non stop. 1 hour and 20 minutes yesterday. Why? Just why??? I wanted to go and rip his damn throat out!

Bad grammar and no punctuation.
"I could of sworn".....ffs.
or people who just write like they talk and it's really hard to read sometimes a little CAPS LOCK thrown in i just can't cope and refuse to read stuff like that.

Bad grammar and no punctuation.
"I could of sworn".....ffs.
or people who just write like they talk and it's really hard to read sometimes a little CAPS LOCK thrown in i just can't cope and refuse to read stuff like that.
I agree, I’m always mentally correcting “of” to “have.” In a similar vein are the commonly heard double negatives “I didn’t do nothing” and friends. I try not to correct people and sound like a snob but I’m always secretly thinking “you don’t have to be clever to break that sentence down and realise you’re saying the opposite of what you mean!”

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.