Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the minute people that moan about plastic straws but buy apples in multi pack bags or bananas in a bag. Best one was one that started a ban plastic straws campaign but was collecting lol dolls.

Charity collectors waiting at the end of the till. I give to charity but they annoy me it’s pressuring you to give and I don’t agree with it.

People that are clearly ill out in public sneezing on their hands and passing money on 🤢 drives me batshit take a damn tissue with you.

Reactions: 5
My husband not wanting to do his advent calander daily. He waits a few days then opens it at once... THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Huge pet peeve: people who don't drive so think that you should ferry them around as you have a car (and endless free time, they assume)

Friends and family do this to me and I think it's SO rude!

Reactions: 4
At the minute people that moan about plastic straws but buy apples in multi pack bags or bananas in a bag. Best one was one that started a ban plastic straws campaign but was collecting lol dolls.

Charity collectors waiting at the end of the till. I give to charity but they annoy me it’s pressuring you to give and I don’t agree with it.

People that are clearly ill out in public sneezing on their hands and passing money on 🤢 drives me batshit take a damn tissue with you.
I can't deal with the charity people who stand around busy town/city centres trying to get you to "have a quick chat". Especially when they're blocking a walkway. Ditto the people trying to get you to change gas suppliers. Get out the way!

Also people (i.e. middle aged men) who drive so close behind you in slow motorway traffic then keep veering from side to side as if they're trying to see the traffic further ahead. You would be able to see better if you weren't so close behind me, dimwit! (This happened this morning, can you tell?)

Slow drivers and its usually old people. :rolleyes:
cashiers who take ages because they are chatting to the customer and you have frozen food

The things i hate
- Half empty aerosol cans left in bedroom eg my hubby and buys more and uses the new ones so we have a cupboard full of bloody aerosols.

- Friends on social media who posts about having a bad day or they are feeling down then when someone asks if they are ok, their response is 'i'll PM you'. No don't bloody bother you attention seeking twats

- Cold callers at my door despite there being a big sign saying please don't knock.

- When people ask you a question then turn the subject back onto themselves.

- When im putting my washing out on the line and the neighbours decide to have a bonfire and don't have the decency to warn you.

- Double standards - family members having a moan about something/someone and then they are at fault themselves for doing the same thing they are accusing others of.

That's just a few things to name, im sure there's more - although it sounds like im moaning 🤣

• Heart
People on social media checking in to a hospital or saying they are unwell but do 1 of 3 things

1)ignore all comments asking what's wrong or if they're ok

2)reply to certain comments with "I'll inbox you"

3) reply that they're fine

The things i hate
- Half empty aerosol cans left in bedroom eg my hubby and buys more and uses the new ones so we have a cupboard full of bloody aerosols.

- Friends on social media who posts about having a bad day or they are feeling down then when someone asks if they are ok, their response is 'i'll PM you'. No don't bloody bother you attention seeking twats

- Cold callers at my door despite there being a big sign saying please don't knock.

- When people ask you a question then turn the subject back onto themselves.

- When im putting my washing out on the line and the neighbours decide to have a bonfire and don't have the decency to warn you.

- Double standards - family members having a moan about something/someone and then they are at fault themselves for doing the same thing they are accusing others of.

That's just a few things to name, im sure there's more - although it sounds like im moaning 🤣
Just seen that you basically said the same thing

I can't deal with the charity people who stand around busy town/city centres trying to get you to "have a quick chat". Especially when they're blocking a walkway. Ditto the people trying to get you to change gas suppliers. Get out the way!
Ergh, chuggers (Charity muggers) are the worst. They usually get a commission for signing people up, or a relatively high hourly rate rather than any interest in the charity itself. I still don’t know why anyone would I want to do that, and it’s really the charity’s hate for making it a thing in the first place. A local high street is like a rugby field these days with all the dodging you have to do!

Reactions: 2
Ergh, chuggers (Charity muggers) are the worst. They usually get a commission for signing people up, or a relatively high hourly rate rather than any interest in the charity itself. I still don’t know why anyone would I want to do that, and it’s really the charity’s hate for making it a thing in the first place. A local high street is like a rugby field these days with all the dodging you have to do!
Outside supermarkets is a giant bug bear of mine

RAC chap said to me outside Morrisons last week "do you have breakdown?" i said yes but im unsure who with as my partner deals with that (he doesn't, i know exactly who with but i thought it might shut him up) RAC bloke continued staring me out as i replaced my trolley. I said I'm pretty sure im with the RAC anyway. He asks me ehat colour my card is (i misheard him, thought he said car) so i said white. He screwed up his face, looked down at his lanyard and said "well ours in orange so you're obviously not with us are you"

At this point it was obvious he was just out to cause an argument so i just said thanks but no thanks and walked off. If thats his sales pitch style then he needs to change it up!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I hate how they have a script to get around the most common, perfectly valid, reasons people might have to say no. For instance if you say “no thank you I already donate to a few charities” they reply “oh great ! Which ones?” Even if you donate to their charity they have a response to keep you engaged.

I find it very manipulative and no doubt quite successful in getting money out of more naive targets. Elderly people say. I know it’s a charity not a scam artist but some of the tactics they use really makes it hard to see the difference...

I hate how they have a script to get around the most common, perfectly valid, reasons people might have to say no. For instance if you say “no thank you I already donate to a few charities” they reply “oh great ! Which ones?” Even if you donate to their charity they have a response to keep you engaged.

I find it very manipulative and no doubt quite successful in getting money out of more naive targets. Elderly people say. I know it’s a charity not a scam artist but some of the tactics they use really makes it hard to see the difference...
I was in Birmingham when i was in my late teen years and this red cross charity bloke was attempting to get me to sign up to a direct debit. I said I've no time i am going to catch a bus, he said its ok we can walk and talk. He followed me the whole way to the bus stop which was a good ten minute walk. I found it very scary and intimidating.

• Wow
  • Angry

My way of getting out of this is saying: "I don't sign up for things/give money at the door" and close the door. On the street, I just don't stop. I am rude but so be it.

Reactions: 7
Face selfies.. Why? Those on insta who feel it’s necessary to post a close up selfie of their face on an almost daily basis. What am I supposed to say? “Oh you look amazing“ “gorgeous“ “stunning” when it’s the same face you posted yesterday and the day before ...nothings changed you vain twit!!

Face selfies.. Why? Those on insta who feel it’s necessary to post a close up selfie of their face on an almost daily basis. What am I supposed to say? “Oh you look amazing“ “gorgeous“ “stunning” when it’s the same face you posted yesterday and the day before ...nothings changed you vain twit!!
Yeah you know when you look at someone’s Instagram grid and it’s 99% a selfie, making the same face in each one. I really don’t get that. How can people be so lacking in self awareness they don’t realise all their doing is showing how narcissistic they are? And how have they never been tempted to share something else - I don’t know, a sunset, their group of friends typical Instagram stuff?

I recently started following a colleague and her page was the epitome of what I described. It was strange because I wouldn’t have guessed it from her mildly shy but sweet and funny work persona. She posts so many selfies she doesn’t bother trying to think of captions, just hashtags “me” and “selfie” every time.

Yeah you know when you look at someone’s Instagram grid and it’s 99% a selfie, making the same face in each one. I really don’t get that. How can people be so lacking in self awareness they don’t realise all their doing is showing how narcissistic they are? And how have they never been tempted to share something else - I don’t know, a sunset, their group of friends typical Instagram stuff?

I recently started following a colleague and her page was the epitome of what I described. It was strange because I wouldn’t have guessed it from her mildly shy but sweet and funny work persona. She posts so many selfies she doesn’t bother trying to think of captions, just hashtags “me” and “selfie” every time.
SOO many people who have a thread on here are guilty of that.

One that winds me up a little (as it seems vain) is people who have a photo of themselves (alone) as their profile pic (that part is fine), but then another solo as their cover photo on Facebook.

My way of getting out of this is saying: "I don't sign up for things/give money at the door" and close the door. On the street, I just don't stop. I am rude but so be it.
Just get your phone and pretend your on a call lol that’s what I do

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.