Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lollipop lady this morning .... let a few people across fair enough but then there was a group of adults and kids , couldn't tell who was with who loitering on the path near the crossing but not really indicating that they were ready to cross and the bloody lollipop lady waited until they did 🤬 some of us have work to get to. Can't really blame the people crossing they didn't seemed arsed but for some reason she waited
The lollipop lady near my kids school doesn't do that she's more efficient wouldn't have waited unless they were actually walking towards the crossing ready to go

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Squash bottle tops that are apparently welded on and impossible to open … well it’s Vimto, not noticed it so much with other brands.

Reactions: 8
When you buy a carrier bag as well for your shopping and place it at the top , but it doesn't get scanned first by the cashier. So you have to wait until it does so you can pack your shopping.

Reactions: 15
When you buy a carrier bag as well for your shopping and place it at the top , but it doesn't get scanned first by the cashier. So you have to wait until it does so you can pack your shopping.
I always place the carrier bag first in line on the conveyor in front of the other items so it’s the first thing they have to scan not on top of them. I also open the bag before it gets to the cashier as I can never open the damn things whilst they are chucking the shopping at me

Reactions: 4
Or sharing a missing person post but no mention of their name, age, appearance, where they've gone missing from, how long ago... very bleeping useful.
Its always the ones where ppl are miles away that get me e.g.

Dog missing in Greece
Shared in Cumbria hun

Yea no bother jean, im sure you will find the dog hanging round 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Its always the ones where ppl are miles away that get me e.g.

Dog missing in Greece
Shared in Cumbria hun

Yea no bother jean, im sure you will find the dog hanging round 🙄
Never know, maybe the dog wanted to start a new life somewhere else?

e8bfa348-89f2-4079-a3dd-73e946c26d31-travelling-with-your-dog-how-to-do-it.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I always place the carrier bag first in line on the conveyor in front of the other items so it’s the first thing they have to scan not on top of them. I also open the bag before it gets to the cashier as I can never open the damn things whilst they are chucking the shopping at me
I'll try your method next time.

Reactions: 2
One of my best friends does that could/should/would of thing and it drives me bonkers. Obviously, I can’t pick her up on it so as not to out myself as a shite friend and raging pedant but it takes everything in me not to reply ‘it’s HAVE, not OF!!’.
Surely she means 'could've' and 'should've' etc? Don't get what you mean, they sound the same 🤷‍♀️?

It drives me nuts when people say 'sickth' when they mean 'sixth' - that really gets my pedant rage going!

Reactions: 3
Surely she means 'could've' and 'should've' etc? Don't get what you mean, they sound the same 🤷‍♀️?

It drives me nuts when people say 'sickth' when they mean 'sixth' - that really gets my pedant rage going!
Yeah so could’ve and should’ve = could have and should have, not could of and should of. For example, you wouldn’t say “I of done that”, you’d say “I have done that” so why would anyone say “I should of done that”? It doesn’t matter if it sounds similar, it literally doesn’t make sense 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
“Change baby’s bum.”

Change its fuckin NAPPY. Not bum. You can’t remove a baby’s bottom and replace it with another one. It’s the nappy you’re changing, FFS.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
When people don't know the difference between month to month with the date or in weeks, when they share updates of their babys age. Seen 2 posts today to say its 4 weeks until Christmas day 🤦‍♀️

“My daughter is 37 months.”

just say she’s 3, FFS!

When a kid turns 2, you can quit with the months as far as I’m concerned. Two-and-a-bit or nearly 3 or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
“My daughter is 37 months.”

just say she’s 3, FFS!

When a kid turns 2, you can quit with the months as far as I’m concerned. Two-and-a-bit or nearly 3 or whatever.
Yes!

Also, three and four year olds aren’t toddlers.

Reactions: 8
When mothers think they deserve a medal with the saying, I have 3 under three, 5 under five 😏 talking about their family situation. What do they want a clap on the back!

Only discovered this thread having a right laugh I agree with most reply’s 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When mothers think they deserve a medal with the saying, I have 3 under three, 5 under five 😏 talking about their family situation. What do they want a clap on the back!
When people go on about how hard having kids is, no sleep, whatever. As if nobody ever bleeping mentioned that before they decided to have kids. That babies don't sleep is hardly a great secret is it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When people go on about how hard having kids is, no sleep, whatever. As if nobody ever bleeping mentioned that before they decided to have kids. That babies don't sleep is hardly a great secret is it.
Or using them waking up/lack of sleep/early starts for bleeping up at work.
No, you're just tit. I don't often have a good night due to menopause and pain but manage to complete my tasks. I've also had small children who woke all the time but wouldn't have dreamed on using them as an excuse every bloody day

Reactions: 12
On the same lines of “change baby’s bum” that was mentioned earlier, I can’t stand how babies are always referred to as “baby”, “baby’s kicking” or whatever. It’s THE baby 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When hairdressers won’t let you leave the shop with your hair a bit messed up. Them “how do you like it?” Me. Looks fine. I’ll just mess it up a bit before I leave. (messes it up - yep that’s great). Them tidies it up before they take the gown off. Me gets outside grr

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.