Little Mix #3 Baby Mix, baldy pics, Jesy vs Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do women have to give up their jobs to be a good mother. I'm so sick of this narrative.
Honestly, I'm currently working from home with my baby in my lap. If I was able to take her into work with me, the alternative to LM taking their babies on tour with them, best believe I would! I love my kids and I love keeping busy with work, it really doesn't need to be one or the other at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think they will be taking the babies on tour from what they have said but they don't have to do it again. If they do another tour in the future, they can leave the babies home with family or a nanny and schedule the dates in a way that allows them to come home more often to be with the children. They don't need to be with the children 24/7. My mum is a nurse and during the early years of my life, she was working in another city. I didn't spent that much time with her and there were days I didn't see her. I still have an extraordinary bond with her because when we did have time together, she made it worth. This idea that children only have great bonds with their mothers if they're there all the time is so weird.
Same as you kind of, my mother was an air hostess often in Hong Kong, my dad often travelled for his job too so I spent lots of time with my grandparents and aunties, uncles etc because my mum loved her job so much and I had such a great childhood but I’m so close with both my parents and always have been! I think it made me independently stronger as a person as I never needed to depend on someone as I wasn’t glued to their sides.... so as someone who grew up with a whole army of family the girls and babies will be fine!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Of course having a baby doesn’t mean that you have to give up your career. Especially as it’s a career that Leigh and perrie absolutely love. I’m sure they will have plenty of help and they will make it work for them. However, I do think maybe they are being a bit naive about it too. It’s easy to plan it all out now but the reality is, they don’t know how they are going to feel until their babies are here. They might still not physically be back to where they might want to be to do a tour, they will be tired, their babies might not be sleeping through the night. 2 hours can still be a long time to leave your baby for not to mention all the rehearsals that come before a tour. Their hormones and emotions will be all over the place as well. Your babies are only babies once and they might feel like they don’t want to miss out on that.
Finally a sensible and balanced comment on this. I don’t doubt the girls will do the tour and their job does provide a degree of flexibility but it also has its drawbacks. Touring is hectic and exhausting (especially when you perform like LM does) so I think they’d need their mums/families with them for support and help with childcare. Having a baby is bloody hard work and takes a lot out of you physically and emotionally and I just think it’s slightly naive to think ‘oh they’ll have nannies’ or that leaving your new baby isn’t a big deal and they’ll carry on as normal. It’s just such a flippant and unrealistic attitude towards having children. Having said that, there’s no reason for them not to continue with their careers obviously and any suggestion that they will or should is way off the mark. Things will change for them though as they do for every other working mum and there’s nothing wrong with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think they will be taking the babies on tour from what they have said but they don't have to do it again. If they do another tour in the future, they can leave the babies home with family or a nanny and schedule the dates in a way that allows them to come home more often to be with the children. They don't need to be with the children 24/7. My mum is a nurse and during the early years of my life, she was working in another city. I didn't spent that much time with her and there were days I didn't see her. I still have an extraordinary bond with her because when we did have time together, she made it worth. This idea that children only have great bonds with their mothers if they're there all the time is so weird.
I think the difference here is being a child Versus being a baby. Babies need stability in the first few years of their lives, they understand their environment and don’t like any change to it. Last year a friend came to visit us for one night, and another friend for two nights with her 9 month old baby ( born in lockdown ). They baby, even though constantly with her Mum was so upset and distressed during the nights and couldn’t sleep, as the change in environment deeply upset it. When back home, baby was fine once again.
So this isn’t really about right or wrong choices being made, its more about will the baby be ok with constant change in location, will Mum be ok if baby is not happy, will Mum be ok if she realises it’s not working out halfway through the tour ?
We can all speculate here, but this is more about what is the sensible thing to do, rather than “ I’m a strong empowering female, and can have it all “ narrative.

Finally a sensible and balanced comment on this. I don’t doubt the girls will do the tour and their job does provide a degree of flexibility but it also has its drawbacks. Touring is hectic and exhausting (especially when you perform like LM does) so I think they’d need their mums/families with them for support and help with childcare. Having a baby is bloody hard work and takes a lot out of you physically and emotionally and I just think it’s slightly naive to think ‘oh they’ll have nannies’ or that leaving your new baby isn’t a big deal and they’ll carry on as normal. It’s just such a flippant and unrealistic attitude towards having children. Having said that, there’s no reason for them not to continue with their careers obviously and any suggestion that they will or should is way off the mark. Things will change for them though as they do for every other working mum and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Totally agree 🙌

Reactions: 8
Same as you kind of, my mother was an air hostess often in Hong Kong, my dad often travelled for his job too so I spent lots of time with my grandparents and aunties, uncles etc because my mum loved her job so much and I had such a great childhood but I’m so close with both my parents and always have been! I think it made me independently stronger as a person as I never needed to depend on someone as I wasn’t glued to their sides.... so as someone who grew up with a whole army of family the girls and babies will be fine!
Absolutely! It's undeniable, as I said, that adjustments need to be made. Per example, they sometimes do four nights at the O2. They don't need to do four, they can do just one or two. Sometimes, they do an entire day of interviews. They don't need to do so many interviews, so they can go home earlier. But talking about the group ending just because they having babies it's ridiculous.

Reactions: 10
Just for the record, how many of you defending LM decisions to take Babies on tour are non Mums? Just saying.....😏

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
So is someone who had a miscarriage not a mother? a still born?
I don‘t think this is an appropriate comment to make, as this takes the thread into a whole new subject.
Sorry for anyone who has had to experience such an awful thing ❤

Reactions: 21
Ultimately they are grown women and entitled to parent or live their lives how they see fit. As any parent should be.

Reactions: 11
I don‘t think this is an appropriate comment to make, as this takes the thread into a whole new subject.
Sorry for anyone who has had to experience such an awful thing ❤
I agree. I think it's best to not ask/insinuate that people are non-mothers. People are entitled to their opinion whether they have children or not.

Reactions: 22
Totally agree. I do wonder if some of the comments on here are from non Mums? If not, they are from people who also have no idea in the pressure of touring too.
They knew what they are getting in too and they all have family round them it's there choice

Reactions: 3
Ohhhh is Leighanne quoting a new song?! As I don’t know those lyrics!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They aren’t even in a contract, they only signed a one album deal... the fact that they were in the studio (while pregnant) like 2 weeks ago writing new songs does not show any signs they want to stop.

Women can have babies and work!!!!!! They might not have the traditional maternity leave but they have the funds to help them during tour plus during tour they are only on stage for 2hours including sound check, the rest of the time they will be backstage with the babies!

Also, the could quite easily cancel the tour if they didn’t want to do it, so many are still getting cancelled soooooo.... yeah!
They are contacted to do the tour and couldn’t afford to cancel. They will split after it done to look after their children.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I agree. I think it's best to not ask/insinuate that people are non-mothers. People are entitled to their opinion whether they have children or not.
Apologies if I offended anyone. It was purely to point out, that when you have a child it does effect your opinion on someone else’s decision to do something, as you can appreciate more what it entails.

Reactions: 8
Apologies if I offended anyone. It was purely to point out, that when you have a child it does effect your opinion on someone else’s decision to do something as you can appreciate more what it entails.
Everything does change I agree there but they already said they wont split up and there is other options then just giving ho there jobs ans that's what we see trying to point out a woman can have a baby and a job at the same time why should they have to give it up because they had a baby

Reactions: 2
Then factor in Jesy leaving, adds to the speculation, if you are old enough to remember, The Spice Girls went tits up not long after Geri left, could happen again.
I still have PTSD from Geri leaving 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
If we are going to maintain these prehistoric attitudes can we atleast have some equality and start expecting the men to stay home and give up their careers too? 😒 God you’d think we were back in the 1900s.

If they want to stop they can. If they don’t, they don’t have to. EITHER way is ok. Women are more than just mothers, say it louder for the people in the back.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
No body is saying they HAVE to give up their job but what if they WANT to give it up or at least take a year or two off? It’s easy for them to say now they they won’t want to but they don’t know how they might feel. What if they want to take a year or so off and then there’s just no interest in them when they want to come back?

ETA, just as they shouldn’t have to give up their career just because they have a baby. They also shouldnt have to carry on if they dont want to just to show that they are empowering other women. Female empowerment is about having choice and making the right choice for you.
If they want to carry on with their career, they will and they will make it work and I’m sure they’ll do brilliantly but if they don’t want to, that’s ok too and it doesn’t mean we’ve gone back to the 1950’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.