Little Mix #3 Baby Mix, baldy pics, Jesy vs Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is such an awful take, my God... Undermining a black woman's experience with racism because "she always looks miserable". Anyone that follows Little Mix knows Leigh-Anne is probably the most cheerful and sweet out of the four members. Having been a fan for 10 years, I seen on several occasions either micro-agressions or blatant racism towards Leigh and even towards black fans. Racism is unfortunately a big problem in the Little Mix fandom.
You aren't the only person who has been a fan for 10 years so no need to try to pull rank.
And as a black woman myself, I'm well aware of what racism is, thanks. But the fact that someone is black doesn't mean that they have no character flaws. Black people can be boring, fun, happy, miserable, and everything in between. We're people, the same as everyone else. The fact that you're a Little Mix fan doesn't give you the right to speak for the entire black community and accuse us of undermining each other just because of a comment. You don't know Leigh-Anne any better than anyone else.

Reactions: 6
You aren't the only person who has been a fan for 10 years so no need to try to pull rank.
And as a black woman myself, I'm well aware of what racism is, thanks. But the fact that someone is black doesn't mean that they have no character flaws. Black people can be boring, fun, happy, miserable, and everything in between. We're people, the same as everyone else. The fact that you're a Little Mix fan doesn't give you the right to speak for the entire black community and accuse us of undermining each other just because of a comment. You don't know Leigh-Anne any better than anyone else.
Please, point to me where I spoke for the black community. Leigh-Anne came out and spoke about her personal experience with racism and how she feels like she was the least favoured because she was the only black girl in the group. She said it, not me, not anyone else. She said it herself and you undermined that the moment you said it wasn't because of that but because she's boring and not as appealing as the other girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yea, there will be an announcement within a week.

Also, did she make this website herself 😂😂
www.jesynelson.com
if I remember correctly now, she put that website as her contact in her bio the day she announced she quit and bought it like a week before. So there must of been a plan to go solo to buy a website!

Reactions: 1
The thing is, her first song will probably do very well on her name alone, regardless of how good it actually is. Then she’ll probably flop. Look at Zayn for example.
I agree, and I think she'll take it extremely badly.

I think Zayn is a bit of a false equivalence because, by all means, he's chosen to take a step out of the spotlight. He does minimal promo, he doesn't tour, and appears to be making the music he wants to make but that never tends to set the world alight (moody, lowkey R&B). His comments about disliking One Direction's music never riled me the way it did some people, because the music he makes now couldn't be much further from their stuff - even his biggest, poppiest hits would be massively out of place on a 1D album.

Jesy, on the other hand, clearly *isn't* the shy and retiring type. She'll want to do the promo, she'll want to do the big tours, and she'll want to shed the Little Mix image and be seen as 'her true self at last'. Problem is, LM's discography is about as eclectic as you can get in pop music - she'll likely try, but she can't believably state Little Mix's music "wasn't her" in the same way that Zayn could.

I expect buzz around the first single because of her name (and, tbf, it's likely to be a good song - I bet a lot of talented people will want to play a hand in her first single as they know it'll attract attention), but after that I think she'll struggle. She's already shot herself in the foot and lost some goodwill through her actions. Some people who did want her to succeed have been put off by her attitude towards LM.

Reactions: 12

I think Zayn is a bit of a false equivalence because, by all means, he's chosen to take a step out of the spotlight. He does minimal promo, he doesn't tour, and appears to be making the music he wants to make but that never tends to set the world alight (moody, lowkey R&B). His comments about disliking One Direction's music never riled me the way it did some people, because the music he makes now couldn't be much further from their stuff - even his biggest, poppiest hits would be massively out of place on a 1D album.

Jesy, on the other hand, clearly *isn't* the shy and retiring type. She'll want to do the promo, she'll want to do the big tours, and she'll want to shed the Little Mix image and be seen as 'her true self at last'. Problem is, LM's discography is about as eclectic as you can get in pop music - she'll likely try, but she can't believably state Little Mix's music "wasn't her" in the same way that Zayn could.

I expect buzz around the first single because of her name (and, tbf, it's likely to be a good song - I bet a lot of talented people will want to play a hand in her first single as they know it'll attract attention), but after that I think she'll struggle. She's already shot herself in the foot and lost some goodwill through her actions. Some people who did want her to succeed have been put off by her attitude towards LM.
I don't find the Zayn comparison to work either. Zayn deleted his photos etc when he had new stuff coming out too, he did it a few times actually. He doesn't care for the comments on his posts, he just wants to make his music and go. He's detached from the social media side of it. Whereas Jesy has essentially become a slave to social media, knowing what people think about her, how she looks etc. She put so much time into her photos and that's not including the editing, I wouldn't put it past her at all to do this as a cover up to unfollow Jade, Perrie and Leigh Anne for her supposed fresh start.

Reactions: 12
She can pretend her music career didn’t exist before 2021 by deleting everything but she is always going to be “Jesy from Little Mix” to the masses no matter how hard she tries.
No, she’ll always be the balengdeh girl 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Also One Direction were massive on a global scale, little mix are big in this country but not that big, they don’t get number 1 easy, they’re climbers. Zayn had a massive spotlight on him going solo and it paid off as people were so interested because 1D were still huge…. I don’t think people care enough about a girl from little mix

Reactions: 7
Sorry im still shook by that site

it’s like I just went back to MySpace 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Please, point to me where I spoke for the black community. Leigh-Anne came out and spoke about her personal experience with racism and how she feels like she was the least favoured because she was the only black girl in the group. She said it, not me, not anyone else. She said it herself and you undermined that the moment you said it wasn't because of that but because she's boring and not as appealing as the other girls.
The fact that she's black doesn't mean that she can never be wrong. And it doesn't mean that she can't be boring.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.