Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread

Recap. She pumps don't you know, girls are on 6ozs, don't have reflux and aren't being over fed 🙄
The girls were born 6 weeks early, currently 8 weeks old (2 corrected).
They sleep 9-5 on a strict schedule.
The nightdress is never off. Its a faff to leave the house but she'll leave to sit at Aunt Pegs cause you've gotta get out yknow?
Girls co sleep in two next to me cribs side by side, totally unsafe, whilst she sits in the living room and watches them from a baby monitor.
Babies aren't contact fed even when only one of them is awake.

Reactions: 10
Them 2 cribs pushed together were so so unsafe. Like cud she not have them closed properly why have the sides down.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Them 2 cribs pushed together were so so unsafe. Like cud she not have them closed properly why have the sides down.
Considering one side is mesh & they’d be able to see each other with the side closed there’s really no excuse. If one little lady gets strong enough to try wriggle close to the other it could kill her

I swear I always try not to be that mother who judges others but everyday I have a new concern with this one. This morning one twin wasn’t even held by her mother to be fed. The twin still asleep was obviously over fed last night sleeping almost 9-10 hours. Both of these babies aren’t getting the feeding care or love they need.

Reactions: 10
Can anyone tell me has she mentioned purposely feeding them without holding them and does she have some whacked out explanation for feeding them this way?? So bizarre watching a 33 year old recording herself with the baby lying away from her in the bed with her arm outstretched shoving a bottle down her throat?? I mean if she was a 16 year old mother with no cop on you might be sympathetic. Is she social distancing from them or what?

Reactions: 9
I was never lucky to have children ( miscarriage 6 weeks and 2 days nearly 7 years ago) even I know a baby needs contact, warmth, love oh my she is making me so mad. Feed them in your arms if you can when the other is asleep, I have serious anxiety when I saw this big woolly blankets on the cots the other day

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Look, anyone who meets someone with a new baby the first question is"oh and how are they to sleep? " to which most people reply" fantastic, they're sleeping through the night since 6 weeks" and everyone goes away happy thinking everyone is great. She's a great mother etc etc. Obviously nonsense in 90% of cases. I think Lisa may be telling a few porkies. We see 5 mins on insta. God knows what's actually happening the rest of the time. I've had 4 children, I don't believe for a second there isn't lots of crying and refusing to be let down. She must be recording the 5 mins they're down or asleep or calm or whatever in order to look like a great 'Mam'. I feel sorry for her in that case. Its like if she decided to do it without a partner she must show now how capable and efficient she is when everyone knows it can't be thst easy.

Reactions: 17
Wasn’t one of them ‘rolling over’ a few weeks ago?? She reminds me of a relative of mine herself and 2 other cousins had baby’s a few weeks apart but hers always the ‘first’ to do everything 🙄🙄 she’s even more eager cos they were early!!

Seriously considering PND here, it’s not normal to show no affection feeding the baby on a pillow! I can’t get my head around that?!?! Poor little pet. It’s also a terrible position to feed a baby.

Reactions: 5
I’m new to this thread, and to this mother. It absolutely breaks my heart to see how she is not cuddling them when being fed and not even being in the same room as them while they sleep, how bl***y dangerous! So many studies have shown how important that love and being held is when feeding babies. It honestly baffles me how she thinks it’s ok and then to even plaster it on social media. So so so sad. And so many people would give anything to have just one of those girls to cuddle with every feed! I feel she’s almost dangerous, promoting this type of parenting to people, but hopefully others will have done their research and actually have feelings and common sense 🙏🏼Poor little mites. Can’t wait for the 4 month sleep regression and see how her sleeping 9-5 works then.

Reactions: 3
I’m new to this thread, and to this mother. It absolutely breaks my heart to see how she is not cuddling them when being fed and not even being in the same room as them while they sleep, how bl***y dangerous! So many studies have shown how important that love and being held is when feeding babies. It honestly baffles me how she thinks it’s ok and then to even plaster it on social media. So so so sad. And so many people would give anything to have just one of those girls to cuddle with every feed! I feel she’s almost dangerous, promoting this type of parenting to people, but hopefully others will have done their research and actually have feelings and common sense 🙏🏼Poor little mites. Can’t wait for the 4 month sleep regression and see how her sleeping 9-5 works then.
Don’t worry she’ll just close the door and ignore them. And when it’s time for her to go to bed, she will probably move them into the sitting room so she can get her precious sleep

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It’s all breaking my heart! I’m here with my newborn - fourth baby and I am breastfeeding but I couldn’t imagine not holding my little one when feeding even if it was a bottle - it’s the closeness of any feed - the eye contact - it’s just like a drug. A good drug! How can she not want that?? There’s been so many examples of one twin being asleep and the other getting a bottle shoved in on the feeding pillow. That’s a perfect example of when she could be bonding with one !!

Don’t get me stared on the co sleeper set up 🙈🙈🙈🙈
My newborns have always spent the first 6 or 8 weeks basically sleeping on me or in my arms with co sleeper right next to the bed on the off chance!! How is she doing it?? 9pm - 6.30am this morning???? I’d be lucky if ANY of my kids slept that well (because they’re kids!) let alone the newborn let alone the preemies????

Someone please tell me where I’m going wrong???

• Heart
It’s all breaking my heart! I’m here with my newborn - fourth baby and I am breastfeeding but I couldn’t imagine not holding my little one when feeding even if it was a bottle - it’s the closeness of any feed - the eye contact - it’s just like a drug. A good drug! How can she not want that?? There’s been so many examples of one twin being asleep and the other getting a bottle shoved in on the feeding pillow. That’s a perfect example of when she could be bonding with one !!

My newborns have always spent the first 6 or 8 weeks basically sleeping on me or in my arms with co sleeper right next to the bed on the off chance!! How is she doing it?? 9pm - 6.30am this morning???? I’d be lucky if ANY of my kids slept that well (because they’re kids!) let alone the newborn let alone the preemies????

I don't think she is doing it. She's bullshitting.

Hello, it's 10.25 and I have just fed my twins.
According to Lisa they should sleep 9pm - 5am I believe they are broken. How do I source a refund?

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Absolutely nowhere!!!
Your post has made me all goose bumps just because it brought back all those memories.
I loved staring at my 6!! as they fed, rubbing their back and looking at every hair and fingernail. They all slept with me, dangerous i know🙊, but it was such a special time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.