Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #11 50 Shades of Pancakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lisa threw a right strop last night I’d say over the girls, she wanted them out of sight out of mind and was trying to shove them into bed at a ridiculous hour so she could watch tv on the sofa in peace and got more and more pissed going up and down that de mudder had to step in and tell her to leave the house. Her coping skills are actually worrying.

She’s so tone deaf in regards to ‘solo parenting’ and even just parenting in general it’s hard to believe

Reactions: 13
What's developmentals? I don't have kids. But does she mean the child is developing. Like the adjective not the noun.

I didn't catch it but what time is she putting them children to bed maybe that has something to do with it

What's developmentals? I don't have kids. But does she mean the child is developing. Like the adjective not the noun.
I’d say she’s talking about the Wonder weeks calendar that some parents go by, they can nearly predict when sleep will be disrupted & it’s usually at a stage where they go through some changes developmentally so with the girls able to stand in the cot now it will have an effect on them as it’s something new & exciting being able to stand up & watch each other. I’d say it’s tough going with twins in that sense but they all do it at some stage so she needs to get used to it & just ride it out.
we’ll probably hear sooner rather than later that she’s put them in separate rooms.

I didn't catch it but what time is she putting them children to bed maybe that has something to do with it
6.30 most nights 🙄

Reactions: 1
They are starting to explore more and learn new things like example that they can now pull themselves up and stand holding onto something etc so they two little Messer's were having the crack in the cots the other evening and not ready for sleep

Reactions: 6
She is going to be carted off, in that filthy shroud, when they start walking and having fun. No way is this one going to endure countless trips to the park, swimming, soft play.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’d say she’s talking about the Wonder weeks calendar that some parents go by, they can nearly predict when sleep will be disrupted & it’s usually at a stage where they go through some changes developmentally so with the girls able to stand in the cot now it will have an effect on them as it’s something new & exciting being able to stand up & watch each other. I’d say it’s tough going with twins in that sense but they all do it at some stage so she needs to get used to it & just ride it out.
we’ll probably hear sooner rather than later that she’s put them in separate rooms.

6.30 most nights 🙄
Ah now didn't realise it was that early she needs to stretch that a bit I never put a child of mine to bed at 6.30 noone in my family did or even my friends my children were different on bedtimes my first was about 8.30 at that age and my second was between 7.30/8 and that was her whinging from about 7 looking to go but we never put her bed before then . Lovely eveings out she could bring them outside for half hour , 40 mins to tire them out a bit to . But anyways this is normal and Lisa needs to accept that

Reactions: 2
I wonder where is auntie peig these days 🤔 at the beginning it was their only outing a quick walk down to auntie peigs. She must have told Lisa afew home truths, there's been no mention of her with months

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think it’s time to adjust their routine a little. She wants them in a routine that suits her but it’s not working for them anymore. Sometimes we need to fit into our babies routine rather than the other way around. As babies get older it’s normal to need to jiggle times around a bit, both of mine weren’t great sleepers but when we got good nights they didn’t sleep more than 10 hours & they never went to bed before 8pm because they just wouldn’t sleep any earlier. Lisa puts the girls down at 6.30, she seems to sit up late most nights & then the girls are up from early meaning she’s tired more often than not. She hasn’t got the energy for 2 babies now so when they’re fully on the move it will be a disaster. Even if she started moving bedtime out by a few minutes every few days over the next couple of months until she reaches a 7.30 bedtime, she’d still have 2-3 hours to herself every night which is brilliant.
When my youngest goes down for the night I turn my attention to my eldest because it’s the only uninterrupted time I can grab with him, I don’t really get me time but that’s fine, those couple of hours I get with my eldest are more important to me. He’s a preteen so I’m conscious of the fact he might not want Mammy time in a couple more years

I wonder where is auntie peig these days 🤔 at the beginning it was their only outing a quick walk down to auntie peigs. She must have told Lisa afew home truths, there's been no mention of her with months
I say Lisa used to land to aunt pegs and sit down and that's it or else the mudder was constantly catering to her and the kids and aunt peg let rip on her over it ....wait now she be in aunt pegs today or tomorrow 🤣

I think it’s time to adjust their routine a little. She wants them in a routine that suits her but it’s not working for them anymore. Sometimes we need to fit into our babies routine rather than the other way around. As babies get older it’s normal to need to jiggle times around a bit, both of mine weren’t great sleepers but when we got good nights they didn’t sleep more than 10 hours & they never went to bed before 8pm because they just wouldn’t sleep any earlier. Lisa puts the girls down at 6.30, she seems to sit up late most nights & then the girls are up from early meaning she’s tired more often than not. She hasn’t got the energy for 2 babies now so when they’re fully on the move it will be a disaster. Even if she started moving bedtime out by a few minutes every few days over the next couple of months until she reaches a 7.30 bedtime, she’d still have 2-3 hours to herself every night which is brilliant.
When my youngest goes down for the night I turn my attention to my eldest because it’s the only uninterrupted time I can grab with him, I don’t really get me time but that’s fine, those couple of hours I get with my eldest are more important to me. He’s a preteen so I’m conscious of the fact he might not want Mammy time in a couple more years
That's the truth though and I always made sure mine would sleep in a buggy to for when our and about sure at 6.30 bedtime and then only used to the cot for sleep ya wouldn't be able to go anywhere. we have also brought ours abroad since babies and they would sleep in the buggy on night while we were out and about

Reactions: 7
We went to beach yesterday with our 2 year old. His bedtime is usually 8.30/9pm which other people love to tell me is ‘too late’ but he sleeps until 7am that way & has done so for 6 months (not bragging we did have 12 months of chaos like the majority too!) this week in the heat he wasn’t settling despite all our efforts with fans and cool room etc. last night he conked by 7pm but of course then that meant he woke at 5.30am - he’s very set on the amount of hours he will sleep so that means today we allow a longer nap to get him to 9pm tonight & hope we are back to ‘normal’ by tomorrow. She doesn’t seem to get that fresh air would be good to tire them out ? That the weather will change things? That even if it’s not teeth or the weather - babies really won’t have a pattern or routine for their first 12-15 months.

I know what developing means. So she means developmental stages ? Just never heard someone say developmentals. But I don't have babies

Tbh I just saw her page after scs posted her so does she live at home?

I don’t get this one. She went away to have a baby on her own, she had twins. All she seems to do is constantly complain. She seems to have nothing else to focus on. What will we she do when these 2 are 18 and gone?

Reactions: 8
She got the divilipmentals in Dunnes isn't that where she gets everything?

• Haha
I don’t get this one. She went away to have a baby on her own, she had twins. All she seems to do is constantly complain. She seems to have nothing else to focus on. What will we she do when these 2 are 18 and gone?
She will have to find some other way to dodge work because using them to stay out is the only thing she enjoys about motherhood

I know what developing means. So she means developmental stages ? Just never heard someone say developmentals. But I don't have babies

Tbh I just saw her page after scs posted her so does she live at home?
Yes she lives at home with her parents and 1 brother (he used to be there anyway, she hasn't mentioned him in a while). She has the parents house turned upside down for herself and the twins with stuff everywhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.