Lisa Dawson: Queen of the Interiors Blaggers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm watching Lisa Dawson's kitchen revamp in awe. She is queen of the blaggers. So far she has revealed the worktops, tap and sink to all be kindly gifted (or a collaboration, darling, in the interiors world). She hasn't yet slip whether the cupboard doors and Amtico flooring are freebies, but as she prides herself on being transparent <ahem> surely this will be revealed in good time.

So far in her house I have deduced (from cross referencing to her blog) that she has had sponsored: amtico flooring, carpets, coffee machine, TV, a sofa, carpet, paint, pictures, lighting, mattresses, dishwasher, chandeliers, another sofa, coffee table, accessories. She is a machine.

Apparently she follows ASA rules to the letter so you aren't allowed to criticise her or else she will post a ranty instagram story, but her AD disclosures are few and far between on her grid as far as I can see, and if she does include a hashtag it is generally buried in a sea of other hashtags (tut tut)

Are there any other interiors blaggers out there that can challenge her for the crown?

Reactions: 2
The grey home...pink peony home....and Mrs rackley home.... She also Just had a new kitchen and is always changing something in her house... She labels something's colab which I'm assuming means ad ?? She tends to just put #colab hidden with a load of other # at the end of her posts, which I'm sure isn't right!!!
I find with the interior accounts on insta if they do declare something an ad they will only do it the first time they show it or just on story's...then weeks later they are showing it a gain not labeled ad, its very confusing for people to know what is an ad and what's not.
Also think the the some of the home accounts are worse than the insta mum accounts for the amount of freebies they get. And by talking about the items on story's its gone in 24 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I unfollowed her a long time ago, transparency was an issue for me, and also how she starts pretty much every story with SOOOO. it’s the little things that bug you on Stories isn’t it :p

I’m confused about the revamp restyle reveal thing - are all the accounts taking part getting an entire room renovation for free from the sponsored companies? Lisa Dawson is doing a bathroom which would cost thousands. I always think her house looks like it needs a good clean...far too cluttered with tat

I’m confused about the revamp restyle reveal thing - are all the accounts taking part getting an entire room renovation for free from the sponsored companies?
Yes.

Last year they didn’t disclose much about the companies sponsoring them in the background so it’s a step forward I suppose. I noticed they always seem to pick the most expensive products in the sponsor’s line though (eg David Hunt chandeliers).

I stopped following Lisa after she had a massive hissy fit about the mumsnet threads and called mumsnetters all sorts.

She swiftly deleted the stories but she was a twit and bizarrely I screenshot a couple of them ,I don’t know why🤔 maybe I’m a tit too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I like the kitchen but think the floor was the wrong choice as it doesn’t go well with wooden units. Wrong tone of wood. Shaggy rug in the kitchen? No 🤢

I unfollowed her ages ago because of all her undeclared ads and gifts but I’ve just had a quick look at her new kitchen. I don’t like it, tbh. The kitchen units look a bit cheap and the colour is neither here nor there. Agree about the rug in the kitchen too.

She’s actually pretty good with disclosure now, which was illuminating at first and confirmed a few suspicions I had about things that appeared in her various renovation projects. House does look cluttered though as it is becoming more and more rammed full of mismatching freebies. I don’t know why they pick the same people over again for the revamp reveal thing. They should run a competition to pick someone else’s house to do up (maybe someone who can’t otherwise afford it) which would be a greater test of their creativity and be more inclusive. It looks greedy just doing up their own houses all the time on someone else’s dime.

She’s actually pretty good with disclosure now, which was illuminating at first and confirmed a few suspicions I had about things that appeared in her various renovation projects. House does look cluttered though as it is becoming more and more rammed full of mismatching freebies. I don’t know why they pick the same people over again for the revamp reveal thing. They should run a competition to pick someone else’s house to do up (maybe someone who can’t otherwise afford it) which would be a greater test of their creativity and be more inclusive. It looks greedy just doing up their own houses all the time on someone else’s dime.
I Agee. I warmed to Lisa over time but find the Reveal, revamp etc thing hard to stomach, I don’t get how watching relatively wealthy people being gifted so much is supported to inspire, it’s all a bit self absorbed.

Reactions: 4
They should run a competition to pick someone else’s house to do up (maybe someone who can’t otherwise afford it) which would be a greater test of their creativity and be more inclusive. It looks greedy just doing up their own houses all the time on someone else’s dime.
That’s a great idea or at least have a competition for someone to win a room makeover from the sponsors too. It seems she’s all take take take & no give though unfortunately.

The stuff just keeps coming. Her daughter’s room was recarpeted yesterday again too courtesy of Kersaint Cobb. It’s amazing.

No wonder she's always redecorating perfectly fine rooms. Why doesn't she pass it on, like say to the company 'thanks for your offer, I have no need for xyz but maybe I can offer to makeover a room for someone else and you could provide your services that way'.

Reactions: 5
She should say how much it would cost. That’s what I like about interiors magazines that show the costings. You can see whether it is relatable to your house or not. The Dyson is a pointless addition. Just blagged for blagged sake: open the window for fresh air. Lol at the fact she has a “guest annexe” in her house - haven’t we all? 🤑