Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I find her incredibly smug, rubbing her privilege in everyone's face and hiring that ridiculous villa in the middle of a pandemic with most people going stir crazy at home and doing a tour of the villa and daily updates.

Then her amazing social life with every dinner and drinks party documented - what is she try to prove ????

• Heart
Reactions: 8

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
This one baffles me, I think her house is so dull and she's so bloody full of herself. How on earth does she have so many followers? And now we've got a sodding book coming out too!
Completely agree, but I think the same about 90% of influencers. I look at some of their accounts and they’re just so samey and unoriginal and boring and I wonder how they’ve managed to garner big followings. That goes for fashion/interiors/cooking and travel, tbh.

As for Lisa Dawson, it must be exhausting living in that house. I bet her husband and kids daren’t sit still for longer than five minutes or they’ll get painted over.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

ShinyDiscoBalls

Chatty Member
No wonder she's always redecorating perfectly fine rooms. Why doesn't she pass it on, like say to the company 'thanks for your offer, I have no need for xyz but maybe I can offer to makeover a room for someone else and you could provide your services that way'.

JodieGreen123

Chatty Member
This one baffles me, I think her house is so dull and she's so bloody full of herself. How on earth does she have so many followers? And now we've got a sodding book coming out too!

• Haha
Wouldn’t normally comment but I’m finding her so tone deaf currently- her insta the last week has been insufferable. “Oh woe is me- I can’t find a mini break to go on but I’ve just come back from Turkey and have managed to slum it and will be going to Brighton”... I generally like her interiors style etc, but we’re in the middle of global pandemic and heading into a huge recession- sorry that your travel plans have been halted 😬🙃🙃🙃

JodieGreen123

Chatty Member
I honestly don’t understand why her account is so big, her home is very boring and she comes across as very unlikable

Reactions: 4

CyberNannies

I’ve seen her house on rightmove - gorgeous house and absolutely huge. I love some of her interiors, some aren’t my taste (kitchen, bedroom) but I like that she’s not gone down the same route as every other account with a green or navy kitchen.
In terms of blogging I like her niche edits and think she puts a lot of time and effort into them, she seems more ‘professional’ in her written content that most of the other Instagram home accounts.

I unfollowed her (Lisa Dawson) last year, she is a prolific blogger beggar of the highest order, devoid of any integrity whatsoever. The sooner this instagram freebie fest implodes, the better. Then these parasites will have to go out and actually spend their own money for the things they need/want. Greedy, grasping self serving twats, the lot of them.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
She’s actually pretty good with disclosure now, which was illuminating at first and confirmed a few suspicions I had about things that appeared in her various renovation projects. House does look cluttered though as it is becoming more and more rammed full of mismatching freebies. I don’t know why they pick the same people over again for the revamp reveal thing. They should run a competition to pick someone else’s house to do up (maybe someone who can’t otherwise afford it) which would be a greater test of their creativity and be more inclusive. It looks greedy just doing up their own houses all the time on someone else’s dime.
I Agee. I warmed to Lisa over time but find the Reveal, revamp etc thing hard to stomach, I don’t get how watching relatively wealthy people being gifted so much is supported to inspire, it’s all a bit self absorbed.

gigi_772

Just found this thread and had to post. The kitchen has been painted AGAIN. Probably the third time in 3 years??? The irony for someone with a book coming out called “resourceful living”. Buying things second hand or getting it free might be “resourceful” but I don’t think it’s any better for the planet when your turnover rate is that high 🙄

Reactions: 3

Rainbowsandglitter

One thing I find alarming is how many of them that were involved in that 'revamp, restyle, reveal' thing, are already redecorating the rooms.
They all do, and sell the gifted stuff on every time. Most have decorated the revamp restyle reveal rooms around 3 times since they had the collaborations.
They’re very wasteful and go through paint like a normal human being goes through toilet roll. When it’s free though, I doubt any of them ever pay for paint. And how many times can a chav say “so” at the start of every sentence. Find it funny she pretends to be posh when she’s anything but. They used to live in Reading before moving north and they were known secretly as hillbillys and brought the tone down. Next time you listen to her saying so you’ll hear it as SEW! There’s nothing cultured about dawson. Only the mould that grows in her home due to lack of cleaning . She doesn’t clean, she just redecorates as that’s all free and cleaning products cost money. Cue the household cleaning product ad 🙄

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I’m sure someone will be along soon to gift her a staycation 🙄
You’re right but I’m hoping they won’t. I mean realistically, in this climate, what holiday provider is going to have a week or two free in Cornwall in the summer to ‘gift’ to an influencer? Or even need to? I booked my U.K. holiday in February and everything was filling up back then. Had to take July instead of our usual week in August and it cost about twice what it normally would. Hopefully, no one will take her bait.

Libertine

VIP Member
I unfollowed Lisa around the time of the Mumsnet threads. I recall her being deeply unpleasant about being reported to the ASA about poorly disclosed advertising.

I’ve not missed her.

ShinyDiscoBalls

Chatty Member
Does anyone know what Lisa's husband does for a living? Must be well paid as her former jobs seem to be minimum wage type jobs. Obviously her blogging must earn her a decent income now as well.

U Wot

She’s actually pretty good with disclosure now, which was illuminating at first and confirmed a few suspicions I had about things that appeared in her various renovation projects. House does look cluttered though as it is becoming more and more rammed full of mismatching freebies. I don’t know why they pick the same people over again for the revamp reveal thing. They should run a competition to pick someone else’s house to do up (maybe someone who can’t otherwise afford it) which would be a greater test of their creativity and be more inclusive. It looks greedy just doing up their own houses all the time on someone else’s dime.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I stopped following Lisa after she had a massive hissy fit about the mumsnet threads and called mumsnetters all sorts.

She swiftly deleted the stories but she was a twat and bizarrely I screenshot a couple of them ,I don’t know why🤔 maybe I’m a tit too.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jdm

Oh I do find her so annoying!her voice is just so so annoyingly high?and God does she go on and on and on about anything.