Lisa Colhoun - one small step

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t follow her but did someone say she’s a teacher? Her spelling and grammar are atrocious. Saying ‘he done’ and ‘loose’ when it ought to have been loose . And is she not selling educational tools to help kids learn how to spell?
I get the impression she only did teaching because Christopher did it.

She’s forever reminding us she’s a teacher but I certainly wouldn’t rate her. Her grammar and spelling are awful 😞

She’s forever reminding us she’s a teacher but I certainly wouldn’t rate her. Her grammar and spelling are awful 😞
And those educational toys are a fraction of her prices on Amazon

Reactions: 1
Posing in her swimsuit yesterday and then complaining how hard it was going to pool with 2 kids. Get a grip Lisa. I did it with 4!!
What happened to her trip to Belfast for IG work?? Probably lies. Her spelling and grammar in her coffee thoughts are atrocious for someone who’s a teacher. Christopher was undoubtedly a lovely person and deserves a cabin in his honour but that one will bask in all the glory today 😡
She's only started doing this coffee thought's because another lady who she follows does it she too lost her husband but doesn't bring her grief or her two kids grief to her page!

I think there two types of teachers. One Is all about education, the kids and passionate about learning and broadening the mind.
Then there are those who are in it for the money, hours and status.
Ye can decide which one Lisa is 🤔🙄

Reactions: 2
Wee Burke's journey, maybe
I really admire Bronagh from wee Burke’s journey. Her pain is so raw yet she doesn’t be crying into her phone one minute and then admiring herself the next. Lisa is a Rachel Gorry waanabe 😀

Reactions: 3
I really admire Bronagh from wee Burke’s journey. Her pain is so raw yet she doesn’t be crying into her phone one minute and then admiring herself the next. Lisa is a Rachel Gorry waanabe 😀
I cant be doing with Bronagh at all. Yes they've lost their husbands tragically young but ffs have a bit of decorum and stop with the grief striken posts.
I feel like living it out on social media just prolongs and exacerbates it for them. They see other widows and misery breeds misery. I feel like all of these women are projecting there grief onto their children instead of trying to live their lives and find some chinks of light to aim towards.

Its constant "they miss their daddy" "if only they had their daddy" "here they are at the grave" etc.
If they can't cope with their loss then they need to get off social media and spend some time in counselling. Keep their children's lives private and stop exploiting them for sympathy and likes.

These kids are entitled to a bit of dignity and to grieve for their deceased parent privately. Why are these women living it out like a bleeping soap opera online?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I cant be doing with Bronagh at all. Yes they've lost their husbands tragically young but ffs have a bit of decorum and stop with the grief striken posts.
I feel like living it out on social media just prolongs and exacerbates it for them. They see other widows and misery breeds misery. I feel like all of these women are projecting there grief onto their children instead of trying to live their lives and find some chinks of light to aim towards.

Its constant "they miss their daddy" "if only they had their daddy" "here they are at the grave" etc.
If they can't cope with their loss then they need to get off social media and spend some time in counselling. Keep their children's lives private and stop exploiting them for sympathy and likes.

These kids are entitled to a bit of dignity and to grieve for their deceased parent privately. Why are these women living it out like a bleeping soap opera online?
I think their parents somehow feel they will get freebies with all the attention seeking into the phones, it has gone beyond ridiculous. Last year on the twins birthday she was like oh what can I do for them - then a load of freebies started to arrive at the house. Shame on the companies that are exploiting these women’s grief to boost their own publicity. I think it is time they grew up.

Reactions: 4
I just can't imagine taking to social media to pour my thoughts out if I was going through any major life trauma. I think it's really unfair on the children involved who will eventually be old enough to read back over the posts

Reactions: 6
Thing is SM is relatively new and people use it in lots of ways that probably isn't the wisest. I put these grief posts in the same category as Facebook hospital check ins or that's it, just me and the kids from now on. The difference is when it comes to grief people are wary of saying anything that will add to the persons trauma. I know a few people in real life who are always the first to comment socially on a tragic death, they're the most upset, they knew them so well, so unfortunately there is a market for this stuff.
Grief counselling can't really say at this stage if this type of behaviour Is harmful but give it a few years and they will have more research. Personally I believe it is detrimental to all involved, especially children who should not be saturated in so much sadness. Even the good times are tinged with it, yes we had a good time but we had the good time in memory of someone who is no longer here.
I have so many opinions on this type of SM, but none on this person as I don't follow her. But from what I've gathered she is so deep in grief that she can't move on and is fearful of others forgetting him. Sadly that is the reality, I'm 20 years on and the person only remains in the people who were closest to them, everyone else gets on with their lives.
Don't even get me started on the monetisation.

Reactions: 10
There are other accounts that I've followed for years on facebook/insta where there have been tragedies involving their children or partners.
Some have told what happened then come off their SM for a while. Its the respectful thing to do for them. I cant imagine even thinking about logging into SM if I lost my husband/children in a tragedy.
Others have stayed on and talked about it more, they also show themselves moving forward and of course their deceased partner/child still gets mentioned at times but their accounts don't revolve around it and they certainly don't monetise it.
I would have more respect for any of them that do either of those things.
I cant respect the ones that are weeping online daily/weekly, showing grave visits or their children grieving, projecting grief onto their children etc.
Who thinks to pick up their phone and record themselves crying? It wouldn't enter most peoples heads to do that.

There are other accounts that I've followed for years on facebook/insta where there have been tragedies involving their children or partners.
Some have told what happened then come off their SM for a while. Its the respectful thing to do for them. I cant imagine even thinking about logging into SM if I lost my husband/children in a tragedy.
Others have stayed on and talked about it more, they also show themselves moving forward and of course their deceased partner/child still gets mentioned at times but their accounts don't revolve around it and they certainly don't monetise it.
I would have more respect for any of them that do either of those things.
I cant respect the ones that are weeping online daily/weekly, showing grave visits or their children grieving, projecting grief onto their children etc.
Who thinks to pick up their phone and record themselves crying? It wouldn't enter most peoples heads to do that.
A week after her husband died Bronagh Burke’s page became all about her husbands death. Now call me strange but who after having gone through what she did would think about doing that a week after her husband died. I just don’t understand it.

A week after her husband died Bronagh Burke’s page became all about her husbands death. Now call me strange but who after having gone through what she did would think about doing that a week after her husband died. I just don’t understand it.
I have to say when I started following Bronagh I didn’t mind her page but then every single day it was the phone placed sitting up on the car dashboard and her just crying! I get it was to show the stages of mourning but I found it rather disturbing! Sorry that might come across really rude but I just couldn’t watch this happening every day! I decided to unfollow in the end up!

Reactions: 5
I have to say when I started following Bronagh I didn’t mind her page but then every single day it was the phone placed sitting up on the car dashboard and her just crying! I get it was to show the stages of mourning but I found it rather disturbing! Sorry that might come across really rude but I just couldn’t watch this happening every day! I decided to unfollow in the end up!
Yes I agree with what you say about bronagh. I found her crying uncomfortable but she did come off IG for good few weeks last year and it’s rare now she does that crying. I’ve a feeling a counsellor maybe told her to stop it. Rachel gorry still does it, her I had to unfollow. Lisa still purses her lips, pauses and her eyes fill up with tears even after 3 years. She has it down to a T!!

Does anyone remember Lisa going on a bit of a rant a while back about Christopher’s death. She said something like I’ll never share all the details but some newspapers published articles with all the details! He died from the flu did he not? Or was there something else I’m missing?

Does anyone remember Lisa going on a bit of a rant a while back about Christopher’s death. She said something like I’ll never share all the details but some newspapers published articles with all the details! He died from the flu did he not? Or was there something else I’m missing?
I thought that was always the story? 🤔 Maybe it was something underlying health condition, guess we'll never know.

I remember her saying that but then she did the interview with Brian Downing and seemed to share it all with him.