Lip fillers, Botox, fillers!!! Am I insane? Have you had some?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The world has gone to utter tit at the minute. Everyone and their mother has had something done!! (I’m being slightly dramatic)

I have really thin lips and it makes my chin and nose look huge. I am thinking of going for some lip filler because everyone’s got it!! I want them plump insta lips!!!

My problem is it obvious? I’ve never actually seen anyone with them done, or am I not realising because it’s done so well? I still have images of Pete burns and his lips but I’m guessing it’s not like that any more.

Has anyone had them? Did you feel better? Did it make you feel more confident? Was it obvious when you kissed someone? Was it lumpy? I’m also thinking of getting filler because my cheeks are quite chubby but my under eyes are a bit drawn in when I’ve looked online filler can help this.

Really looking for some honest advice I see these girls on insta who do it and they look stunning. Charlotte Crosby looks gorgeous her lips are a little bigger then I would go but I have very similar to her original.

Any sort of honest advice would be amazing x thank you x

I had reallyyyy thin lips and had 0.5 a few years ago. As our lips are so tiny the filler doesn’t really have anywhere else to up and will go above your top lip, making it look slightly obvious! Have 0.5 if anything but have realistic expectations as we don’t have a lot of space for the filler to go, if that makes sense

I had reallyyyy thin lips and had 0.5 a few years ago. As our lips are so tiny the filler doesn’t really have anywhere else to up and will go above your top lip, making it look slightly obvious! Have 0.5 if anything but have realistic expectations as we don’t have a lot of space for the filler to go, if that makes sense
I don’t think I’m going to be angelina Joliet but my bottom lip is bigger and I want to even it out if that makes sense. Who did you go with by the way? I’m really not feeling a beauty therapist as I don’t really imagine they know what they’re doing.

Reactions: 1
I’ve had botox and fillers both in my cheeks and lips. Botox that has been done properly is great, there’s nothing (IMO) that comes close to making you look fresh and ‘well’. Cheek fillers are also good and can give an excellent lift. Lip fillers are much more problematic and you really need to go with someone who knows what they’re doing (and will manage your expectations). Theyre also really painful.

My lady is a nurse and has years of experience. She also retrains regularly and has a real range of clients so knows what suits what age.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think I’m going to be angelina Joliet but my bottom lip is bigger and I want to even it out if that makes sense. Who did you go with by the way? I’m really not feeling a beauty therapist as I don’t really imagine they know what they’re doing.
yeah the top lip is difficult as that’s where the filler will go above the lip as there just isn’t the space to fill out the actual lip as they’re so thin.I went with a girl based in East London (can’t remember her name) and Iona who travels from Liverpool to London (horrendous don’t go near her).
I forgot I had Botox too and it’s amazing, your skin looks smooth and glossy

yeah the top lip is difficult as that’s where the filler will go above the lip as there just isn’t the space to fill out the actual lip as they’re so thin.I went with a girl based in East London (can’t remember her name) and Iona who travels from Liverpool to London (horrendous don’t go near her).
I forgot I had Botox too and it’s amazing, your skin looks smooth and glossy
😭 I’ve debated even having my lip sliced and some skin above removed to help lift it. I hate it and everyone seems to mention it which makes me want to punch them. I’ve started getting lines near my eyes joys of almost being 30 and I’d love Botox but still want to move my face 🤔

😭 I’ve debated even having my lip sliced and some skin above removed to help lift it. I hate it and everyone seems to mention it which makes me want to punch them. I’ve started getting lines near my eyes joys of almost being 30 and I’d love Botox but still want to move my face 🤔
No!!!! Don’t do that!!!! Wtf do people mention? Your lips? You shouldn’t feel bad about yourself, I haven’t had any fillers for 3 years... don’t obsess over your face, everyone else is mad for thinking these ig girls are the normal ones.... you don’t have to pump your face full of filler to feel good about yourself. Don’t fall into the trap. Maybe start with 0.5 but you don’t want so much you look odd

Reactions: 6
No!!!! Don’t do that!!!! Wtf do people mention? Your lips? You shouldn’t feel bad about yourself, I haven’t had any fillers for 3 years... don’t obsess over your face, everyone else is mad for thinking these ig girls are the normal ones.... you don’t have to pump your face full of filler to feel good about yourself. Don’t fall into the trap. Maybe start with 0.5 but you don’t want so much you look odd
Yeah my lip. The bottom is a lot bigger then the top 😭 I utterly hate it and honestly cover my mouth when I talk so people don’t mention it. I’ve never had a stranger mention it just a few close people. Mainly can I move it properly 😳
They look so gorgeous though I’m not going to lie. I can’t understand why my makeup and skin never looks like there’s then someone said it was the filler so I thought duck it il try that.

What she said! 👆🏼

Had filled 4 years ago then the next year then never bothered again. It’s expensive and I like my face we all should.

This. The Gordie shore girls look like sex dolls with a defect

Reactions: 8
Had botox and I love it skin is so smooth makeup looks better on. Also had lips done before only lasted about 2 months and disappeared I personally dont think it's worth it.

Had botox and I love it skin is so smooth makeup looks better on. Also had lips done before only lasted about 2 months and disappeared I personally dont think it's worth it.
Yeah fillers depend on people’s metabolism, the solution and the amount. I still had filler a year later when I got a top up. Probs don’t have any now

Yeah my lip. The bottom is a lot bigger then the top 😭 I utterly hate it and honestly cover my mouth when I talk so people don’t mention it. I’ve never had a stranger mention it just a few close people. Mainly can I move it properly 😳
They look so gorgeous though I’m not going to lie. I can’t understand why my makeup and skin never looks like there’s then someone said it was the filler so I thought duck it il try that.
Honestly before you get (bloody expensive) fillers think about dropping these people that comment on your face. No one should ever make you feel like any part of your body isn’t ‘normal’. Your friends should build you up, not make sly comments that make you feel inadequate or self conscious. How horrific. Do it for yourself not anyone else or you’ll always want to live up to the standards other people set you. Screw them 🤨

Reactions: 10
My sister got hers done and none of us even noticed she never told us till months later either. We have no top lip in our family😂😂

• Haha
I know I shouldn’t be bothered but it does and has really bothered me for the past few years. Up to the point I won’t even have my photos taken with my kids because my skin doesn’t look like everyone else’s and my lip looks ridiculous. I’ve noticed the more I look at a pic of my self the more “flaws” I notice. I just couldn’t work out how everyone on Instagram had these cute puffy little lips and I didn’t.

I’ve been considering lip filler for years. I’m such a wimp though and that’s what has stopped me going as people always report it’s painful even with the anaesthetic.

My top lip has always been thin and is getting thinner with age. I otherwise have good skin and people often comment on my skin and are surprised when I say I am 43.

I’ve never had fillers, but I have toyed with getting my lips done for years. I really don’t like the big duck pout look but my top lip is a lot thinner than my bottom.
Having said that I have had Botox for the first time about 5 weeks ago as I had quite a bad frown line (it bothered me for years) and honestly it’s changed my life 😍 I invested in really good botox so I can still move my eyebrows but with no more lines, only problem is how am I going to afford this for the rest of my life 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve never had fillers, but I have toyed with getting my lips done for years. I really don’t like the big duck pout look but my top lip is a lot thinner than my bottom.
Having said that I have had Botox for the first time about 5 weeks ago as I had quite a bad frown line (it bothered me for years) and honestly it’s changed my life 😍 I invested in really good botox so I can still move my eyebrows but with no more lines, only problem is how am I going to afford this for the rest of my life 😂😂😂
Tell me your secrets 😍 I’m honestly desperate for it.
I’ve been considering lip filler for years. I’m such a wimp though and that’s what has stopped me going as people always report it’s painful even with the anaesthetic.

My top lip has always been thin and is getting thinner with age. I otherwise have good skin and people often comment on my skin and are surprised when I say I am 43.
My skins not bad as in acne or anything my makeup just doesn’t look smooth like carli biebel for instance. I can’t spell her name right 🙄

Also she is utterly gorgeous like my dream face.

I was disappointed with lip filler. I’ve got a thin top lip and had 1ml. Looked like a duck for a few weeks (my other half wisely kept schtum but told me it looked ridiculous when it had all gone and I was contemplating getting more). There was probably a small chunk of time when it looked ok and I loved finally being able to wear red lipstick without looking like a child playing with face paint. Mine metabolised quickly though so this didn’t last long at all. I’d say give it a go - it’s a pretty safe procedure if you go somewhere with a good rep and qualified staff. I’m glad I tried it cos I’ve got a more realistic perspective on fillers now.