Line of Duty #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad it's not just me that finds it a bit off! Nice to see Dryden pop up in season 2, ironically playing an Osbourne 😂
I know!!! I wasn’t looking at the tv but heard the voice and was like oh damn, here we go again 😂 how the tables have turned 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 1
This ^^^^
i think it would lose all credibility for them to be involved yet you see so many people shipping them waiting for the kiss. No sexual tension there AT ALL.

also poor Jed has been defending the ending on Twitter all day and folk have been HORRIBLE no one deserves that amount of vitriol over a TV show.
Plus now he’s been accused of ‘queer baiting’ because the Jo/Kate ‘thing’ led nowhere.
Again, I thought that relationship was entirely one sided I saw little evidence of any chemistry and Kate was either viewing her as a friend or possibly playing her a little to gain her confidence. Jo was so broken she just needed love. At no point did I believe in them as a potential couple at all. Jo tried to get her murdered at one point... not the best start to a budding relationship!
It’s not Jed’s responsibility to tie every relationship up in a neat bow. Life’s not like that. And Jo did get a happy ending with a gorgeous cottage and a model wife.
Meanwhile Gill in her sketchy ghetto ...
Wow! Lorraine from the London area needs a diazepam and a lie down in a darkened room 😂😂😂😂. I hope she’s managed to calm down 😂😂😂😂😂

I’ve watched Giri/Haji which has Kelly MacDonald in it as a detective, it’s weird but good!

ive always meant to start silent witness so I might actually do that now 😂
I loved Giri/Haji. The last episode, especially the scene on the rooftop..... 🥰😢🥰😢🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I've been watching Innocent, series one on itv player - from 2018 with Hermione Norris. Series 2 is out next week, it's pretty good!

Reactions: 2
Did you see the Xmas special!?
Nope! 😭😂 I managed to watch almost all of series 2 last night though so I’ll be off to watch the start of s3 today 🤣

I started Unforgotten yesterday afternoon after seeing it recommended on here and I'm already hooked and starting season 2 👀 definitely recommend, although the main DCI seems to say "erm..." a lot - doesn't come across as very authoritative but I guess it's to make her more human in a way?
I also started Unforgotten yesterday! Only managed two episodes before the school run but going to watch more today

I also started Unforgotten yesterday! Only managed two episodes before the school run but going to watch more today
Ashamed to say I'm totally hooked and already reaching the end of series 3 😭

• Heart
Just got round to seeing the last episode, hmmm it was a tad disappointing in a "wont wrap everything up now lets see how many series we can drag out of it" kind of way , i like LOD but its started to become like Lost where the first few series were ok and the rest were just fillers to see how many series they could drag it out for and get away with. Its still the only British drama series ive got time for but i feel a bit manipulated by the writers.

I would say it makes the police force look corrupt, but over the last year they have shown themselves the whole force is corrupt that even AC12 would be turning the other way, if LOD was written the same way Ted would be sitting in his office doing a crossword with "do not interrupt" on the door and Kate and Steve would be discussing the latest case of police harassment of an 80 year old woman who cant breath in a mask but arrested for breaking covid laws and thrown mob handed into the back of a van so they can desperately keep up the covid fine numbers up, all the while saying "mate" to each other in a very strange way after each sentence.

They both say Mate to each other in a weird passive aggressive hate each other way
"Hello Mate"
"Hi Kate Mate"
"I hate you mate i hope you die mate"
"Thanks Mate i hope you die too mate"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just finished rewatching series 6 - enjoyed it a lot watching it back!!

Anyone got any recommendations for shows to watch now ? 😂 I’m stuck for something to put on. Anything recent that was good?
We are enjoying the Line of Duty-esque ‘Between the Lines’. Series 1 is from 1992 and it’s about the Complaints Investigation Bureau at the Met - the AC12 of its day. Definitely watchable and interesting to see the old school Policing (as well as them all smoking and drinking in the nick etc!)

Guys I watched motherland - season 1 and 2 are both on Netflix, season 3 starts on BBC next week. It is brilliant. Patricia Carmichael (actress Anna obvs) is an entirely different type character and she’s amazing

Reactions: 4
Guys I watched motherland - season 1 and 2 are both on Netflix, season 3 starts on BBC next week. It is brilliant. Patricia Carmichael (actress Anna obvs) is an entirely different type character and she’s amazing
I love Motherland it's so good. S3 ep 1 was on Monday night.

• Heart
Season 3 is on iPlayer already but yes youngest and I were watching it and we hate charmichaels character in it but agree we don’t link her to that role at all in it.

Re the ‘mate’ thing youngest also does an impression of Steve where he goes ‘ there are no friends, there is only Kate, Kate is mate’ which made me laugh but I guess you had to be there.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They both say Mate to each other in a weird passive aggressive hate each other way
"Hello Mate"
"Hi Kate Mate"
"I hate you mate i hope you die mate"
"Thanks Mate i hope you die too mate"
Not convinced it's passive aggressive. My group of pals call each other cunts and bawbag and other associated insults which are actually terms of endearment lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5