Lily Pebbles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd start a thread about Lily Pebbles. I know there was one on the other site..

Currently doing up her new house, which is probably the most interesting content she's had for a while. However, it looks like she's taken some interior design inspiration from that bastion of good taste, Zoella (e.g. the tiles in the bathroom).

Go!

Reactions: 1
I'm interested in following this thread. Would be interested to see the finished house.

Has she moved house? Last I saw she had redone the "spare" room and it looked awful - just a roll out single bed on the floor and some cushions.

Still wanting to flip though her "empowerment" book that was panned. But haven't seen it in any brick shop, oh well.

Has she moved house? Last I saw she had redone the "spare" room and it looked awful - just a roll out single bed on the floor and some cushions.

Still wanting to flip though her "empowerment" book that was panned. But haven't seen it in any brick shop, oh well.
Yes, they bought a proper house (as opposed to a flat). They moved in and were going to wait and save up to refurbish it - painted the walls white even - then found the money to do it up so are currently staying back with her Mum and Dad. They've completely gutted the place.

i can't even imagine how much they've spent on this redo. i just redid my kitchen/living room and it was insanely expensive and they've just gutted a beautiful house and done it all in one go. wild.

i can't even imagine how much they've spent on this redo. i just redid my kitchen/living room and it was insanely expensive and they've just gutted a beautiful house and done it all in one go. wild.
exactly. they not "just" bought a whole HOUSE but they completely redo it. Am I that naive or why didn't I knew that they are making this much money with their jobs?

Reactions: 4
exactly. they not "just" bought a whole HOUSE but they completely redo it. Am I that naive or why didn't I knew that they are making this much money with their jobs?
I think they both make lots of money, and also they've saved loads. They basically lived with her parents while making above average london salaries for nearly a decade. That's not nothing! I also wouldn't be surprised if her parents are helping, as they seem like the type that would.

Reactions: 2
I think they've been able to save a fortune through all the products and experiences that they have been gifted, so can save a lot. Along with as you say living with parents. Also the last flat would have made them money.

Lily's channel doesn't really get many views and she's not going to be getting another book deal after the last one.

Lily's channel doesn't really get many views and she's not going to be getting another book deal after the last one.
Definitely. I feel like all of these youtubers are just riding the wave - they know it can't last forever. I definitely would too, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5
Definitely. I feel like all of these youtubers are just riding the wave - they know it can't last forever. I definitely would too, haha.
Oh definitely, but they could make their 5 minutes last a bit longer if they produced decent books rather than the steaming pile Lilys was. She pretended it was a groundbreaking book for women, rather than the poor cash grab it actually was.

PS sorry I edited your post but just to sort out the quote bit so it displays correctly :)

Reactions: 5
I have to say I do quite like what they're doing to the house. They are making quite sensible choices about the major things, like the kitchen units, so they won't look dated in 6 months. I think they've chosen a good house with good dimensions and some original features which they thankfully are keeping. I couldn't live with that little grey sink in the W.C. though.

I think one of the themes of the discussion on GG was that Lily seemed to be grasping for free/sponsored things on social media all the time.

I enjoyed the final look at the renno vlog, but found some odd choices like the kitchen design. It didn't appear to be a very efficient use of space and the fridge opening that way is a gah no way. Would like the toilet tho. (y):poop::D

i never undertood why she became so famous, can someone give me a quick round-up??
I assume it's because she started at the right time when YouTube wasn't what it is now (I think around 2011), not sure if she would be quite as successful now. People probably liked the fact she was 'relatable' in that she wasn't a fake, screechy happy youtuber all the time and tried to keep it real. I think that worked up until the incessant moaning became ridiculous, especially given that she comes from a very privileged background (from what we gather). I guess a lot of her subs have stuck with her and like her schtick. I first saw her in one of Anna's baking videos lol

Reactions: 6
What is that thumbnail picture on her latest video?! She looks gormless. I guess after being interesting for a while whilst doing up the house she is back to boring beauty content again.

I think the only reason she has managed to last this long in the game is Anna. They’ve been linked as a twosome and personally I think Anna could grow more without Lily holding her back.
If you listen to their podcast for example, Anna seems so relaxed and gels well with most of the guests. Lily seems so wooden and stiff and always like she’s reading from a script.

Reactions: 7
So Lily is pregnant which is going to make her even more droll than usual. She said it feels like she's lost her personality. I think the hormones have got her confused. She meant she has never found one. ;)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.