Lily Pebbles #8 A day not moaned is a day not lived.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At this stage, I think I could probably recount both wedding days in pretty good detail... have they really got nothing else to talk about?!

Hey Jude is not a good song. It reminds me of my drunk rugby lad friends from uni droning along to it. When half the words are ‘na’ it’s hardly a work of genius or a meaningful choice 😂

Reactions: 16
Theyve almost turned into housewives who have nothing to do but go out for lunch every week 😂 I don’t get why people are still interested in them, the podcast isn’t ever in the charts etc I don’t think it’ll run past series 2, they won’t have anything let to talk about

• Haha
Reactions: 19
A subtle dig at Anna too, with ‘her intimate’ (ie small and poor because she’s a shy little thing) wedding, and ‘my 100 guest wedding’ (because I’m soooo popular)
I noticed that too.

Their podcast comes across so half arsed. Why don't they actually talk about something current and relevant rather than discussing themselves in the past? Everything about the podcast is so badly thought through, who's idea was it to spend 30 minutes discussing their current faves and then move on to an already agreed upon topic. The first time I listened to it, I thought I had moved onto another episode because the first bit was so long! Literally give me 10 minutes and I could easily come up with at least 10 decent topic ideas, SO LAZY.

Reactions: 8
Urgghhhh the idea of a singalong makes me queezy. How did it come about? Guys, now the formal bit is done, we're all going to have a singalong to Hey Jude. Did the guests have hymnsheets?

Although, Lily seems to be loving it, it's the most animated I've ever seen her.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
As soon as she posted her wedding on her stories, I came straight on here and you’ve all said exactly what I was thinking! Great minds eh? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am wondering did anyone DM her saying that there isn't any chemistry between them, and she went ballistic by showing her wedding video - look how in love we are.

I think I mentioned it before, before Grey, they barely do anything together. Lunch/ Dinner always come with a third wheel :unsure:

Reactions: 10
Can’t believe how insensitive she is to gloat about her wedding and to be doing a wedding podcast 2 days after the UK wedding guidelines changed and so many are having to cancel!
Is she still with Gleam or did they see sense and drop her? She seems a bit rudderless atm (except for Anna being her metaphorical life jacket!)

Reactions: 31
This her her BIO on Gleam, do not spit your tea! - Encouraged by a lecturer at university, Lily Pebbles started her blog ten years ago to share her love of beauty. Since then she's broadened into various platforms and topics, covering everything from interiors, to style and food. She's not only a Sunday Times Bestselling author with her debut non-fiction, 'The F Word'. Lily also co-hosted the interiors and lifestyle podcast, 'At Home With...' with her friend and fellow creator Anna Newton. The number one podcast had two seasons with over two million downloads. Her heritage in the industry saw her nominated in 2017 for the Glamour Woman of the Year Award. This year Lily embarked on a new journey of motherhood, with her birth of her baby girl, Grey.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
No way! Woman of the year...what were they thinking?! I’ve just had to go and snoop, she was nominated for the category of ‘ YouTuber of the Year’ other nominees included Zoe Sugg and Tanya Burr and it was won by Pixi woo.... aren’t they all managed by Gleam?

Then I read this “ Glamour Magazine UK have been criticised for having a lack of diversity in their Youtuber award category.

The nominees
After the publication released the nominees for its annual Women of the Year Award categories, many were quick to point out that all the nominees shortlisted in the Youtuber section had something in common - they were all white, female, heterosexual women”

And then finally Jo Elvin the editor of Glamour was the first guest on their Podcast.

All a bit 🤨🤔🕵🏻

Reactions: 21
Yeah, what a great time to talk about weddings when a) big gatherings all forbidden in many countries b) a second wave can come at any time c) many young people have been furloughed or laid off and cannot really even imagine spending thousands of pounds on a party at the moment.

The again, this isn't the first time they talk about a topic they know nothing about. They are both married (and took their husband's last name), own properties, have good earnings and the other one has a child. But then they end the episode about turning 30 with the notion "just do whatever you want and not what society tells you to do". Right, great.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Yeah, what a great time to talk about weddings when a) big gatherings all forbidden in many countries b) a second wave can come at any time c) many young people have been furloughed or laid off and cannot really even imagine spending thousands of pounds on a party at the moment.

The again, this isn't the first time they talk about a topic they know nothing about. They are both married (and took their husband's last name), own properties, have good earnings and the other one has a child. But then they end the episode about turning 30 with the notion "just do whatever you want and not what society tells you to do". Right, great.
Oh absolutely. I think Anna is generally harmless but they're both soooo out of touch. They got so lucky starting blogs at just the right time to get big, for most of us we don't have as much freedom in what we do in life because we have to put food on the table and pay our rent.

Reactions: 14
Oh absolutely. I think Anna is generally harmless but they're both soooo out of touch. They got so lucky starting blogs at just the right time to get big, for most of us we don't have as much freedom in what we do in life because we have to put food on the table and pay our rent.
I remember Anna says when she started to go FT, Mark has to cover some of the expenses. They were also renting in London at that time. Anna is more humble in her approach, she was living at home at Brighton when she graduated and traveled to London for her job, only blogging at night or in the train.

Reactions: 8
They would be better off talking about marriage - how they manage finances, challenges etc rather than talking about weddings. But then again that would be something that would take more time and consideration and would be less ME ME ME look at my wedding.

Reactions: 30
Nah I bet she is gutted that she didn't milk it like how ITF milked it, I think back then wedding and renovation were quite private until 3 years ago

This her her BIO on Gleam, do not spit your tea! - Encouraged by a lecturer at university, Lily Pebbles started her blog ten years ago to share her love of beauty. Since then she's broadened into various platforms and topics, covering everything from interiors, to style and food. She's not only a Sunday Times Bestselling author with her debut non-fiction, 'The F Word'. Lily also co-hosted the interiors and lifestyle podcast, 'At Home With...' with her friend and fellow creator Anna Newton. The number one podcast had two seasons with over two million downloads. Her heritage in the industry saw her nominated in 2017 for the Glamour Woman of the Year Award. This year Lily embarked on a new journey of motherhood, with her birth of her baby girl, Grey.
Need to quote my own- what HERITAGE? Like someone need a copy writer or proof read the tit they put out on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
What are these tiles she has been gifted for?? I thought the whole house was renovated when the moved in!!

Reactions: 1
What are these tiles she has been gifted for?? I thought the whole house was renovated when the moved in!!
For the front garden, I believe.
I seem to remember her moaning that she could never show the result online because of privacy issues. So that's probably why it took her so long to get free ones......

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I love it so much sometimes I have to have TWO glasses of it because I might get thirsty

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.