Lily Pebbles #6 the Tattle thread works harder than Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a drastic measure but a very short cut would have given her a fresh start. I don't have the face for it so I can't put my money where my mouth is haha but she might pull it off.

Reactions: 6
I can totally see her in hair like this, but no, she has to wear that poker straight hair that we ditched it in 2010.
Her hair is the same as her careers, dated and stayed in 2016.
Her hair doesn't even grow past a certain length now, is awful
I remember a video of Anna way back, she was saying that Mark thought Lily should leave her hair curly, then promptly reminded him to never say that in front of Lily. - dunno why as i dont think its not exactly offensive as it's just a suggestion.
Maybe that is the reason why she cancel her book tour :rolleyes::unsure:;););)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought it was funny when she was pointing out her super dense curly roots and showing the difference in curl between them and the ends. I was nearly shouting, “that’s because your roots is HEALTHY HAIR, Lily!”

If she stopped with the heat tools, dialed back the washing, trimmed her hair to manage the dead ends only, parted her hair to the side and didn’t get those hideous blonde highlights (which I think make her hair look even greasier), she could probably get her hair back to some semblance of healthy within a year. Those straighteners have become like some weird security blanket for her. But either own your damaged hair and keep straightening it or stop whining and do something about it.

ETA: she’s getting free haircuts and color treatments at a bougie London salon. CAN THEY NOT HELP HER?!?!

She also needs to stop blaming “societal expectations”. No one in society is telling her her hair needs to be straight (and anyway, it’s not like she’s getting any editorial work). She’s not getting jobs because she has naturally curly hair. She’s not getting paid 30% less than her straight haired peers. She isn’t treated any differently.

Reactions: 22
I couldn't get over her hair. Not the texture or anything... Just how greasy it looked post a hair wash. It literally looked like it hadn't been washed in a week. I heat style my hair every day because I have this strange course hair that has loads of kinks in it, but isn't curly. But I use a deep treatment once a week, and a heat spray when i wash it and it's fine. I don't know anything else to my hair, no dye or anything. She has seriously done something shocking to get her hair in that condition.

Reactions: 4
Can't stand the bint (just adding a disclaimer) but that's a load of bollocks. How many women in the UK anyway go back to work for 8 hours a day a month after having a baby. I felt weird doing the school run after my daughter. I felt like I should still be in comfies. And I'm not gonna lie I cried as I'd just had a baby and like Lily major abdominal surgery.
Sorry, just wanted to rebuttal this comment slightly. What the previous poster said, regarding returning to work 9-5 with a 10-week-old isn’t necessarily a load of bollocks at all.

Remember that the UK is a bit of an anomaly with regard to paid maternity leave compared to many countries. The US, for instance, doesn’t offer more than a few weeks paid leave for women who have just had babies. Besides which, self-employed women in the UK will also be quick to return to work, as government maternity allowance is quite poor, plus they want to be able to hold their income streams, which are not guaranteed to still exist if they take leave for many months.

Sorry, just wanted to weigh in there that the previous poster is right when she spoke of mothers of 10-week-olds returning to work full-time. And yes, I expect it is a lot more difficult for them than it was for Lily to wander six feet away from her newborn to have some photos snapped of her in the garden for a couple of hours.

Reactions: 12
Sorry, just wanted to rebuttal this comment slightly. What the previous poster said, regarding returning to work 9-5 with a 10-week-old isn’t necessarily a load of bollocks at all.

Remember that the UK is a bit of an anomaly with regard to paid maternity leave compared to many countries. The US, for instance, doesn’t offer more than a few weeks paid leave for women who have just had babies. Besides which, self-employed women in the UK will also be quick to return to work, as government maternity allowance is quite poor, plus they want to be able to hold their income streams, which are not guaranteed to still exist if they take leave for many months.

Sorry, just wanted to weigh in there that the previous poster is right when she spoke of mothers of 10-week-olds returning to work full-time. And yes, I expect it is a lot more difficult for them than it was for Lily to wander six feet away from her newborn to have some photos snapped of her in the garden for a couple of hours.
Thing is, why did she go back to work? She didn’t need too? Rich was still working and clearly makes a decent amount, I know she might have wanted a routine, or just to feel like the “old her” but she constantly wears it like it’s her personality, in reality her job is very easy (minus online hate etc) and she acts like no one else has ever done it (they clearly do all the time)

Reactions: 6
Thing is, why did she go back to work? She didn’t need too? Rich was still working and clearly makes a decent amount, I know she might have wanted a routine, or just to feel like the “old her” but she constantly wears it like it’s her personality, in reality her job is very easy (minus online hate etc) and she acts like no one else has ever done it (they clearly do all the time)
Because Anna went to Chicago that time I think and she is losing her tit. I remember at some point when Anna was at Chicago and Lily was saying that she is down. She always came across as someone who is highly jealous and has to be first on everything.

Routine - haha wake up, moan, fried hair, moan, plan gallery wall for 4773times, ask for tips (subtle begging), cook Hello Fresh dinner, moan, watch trash TV, moan, sleep

She looks so good back then.

Can she shut up about big boobs. She is average.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Because Anna went to Chicago that time I think and she is losing her tit. I remember at some point when Anna was at Chicago and Lily was saying that she is down. She always came across as someone who is highly jealous and has to be first on everything.

Routine - haha wake up, moan, fried hair, moan, plan gallery wall for 4773times, ask for tips (subtle begging), cook Hello Fresh dinner, moan, watch trash TV, moan, sleep

She looks so good back then.

Can she shut up about big boobs. She is average.
She’s a very jealous and insecure person for sure.

Reactions: 8
exactly. These influencers act like theyve got a gun pointed at their heads. Lily wasn’t forced to start work when Grey was 10wks old. She chose to because money/fomo/who knows why. She actually talked about having a mat leave then didn’t have one at all. Can’t be doing with people moaning about tit they’ve bought on themselves. Secondly Lily’s job is so easy and doesn’t really require her to be away from Grey I.e grey is physically in the house with her so of all the mums out there returning to work, she had it pretty easy. Her having a reality check about that wouldn’t go amiss

Reactions: 11
I thought it was funny when she was pointing out her super dense curly roots and showing the difference in curl between them and the ends. I was nearly shouting, “that’s because your roots is HEALTHY HAIR, Lily!”

If she stopped with the heat tools, dialed back the washing, trimmed her hair to manage the dead ends only, parted her hair to the side and didn’t get those hideous blonde highlights (which I think make her hair look even greasier), she could probably get her hair back to some semblance of healthy within a year. Those straighteners have become like some weird security blanket for her. But either own your damaged hair and keep straightening it or stop whining and do something about it.

ETA: she’s getting free haircuts and color treatments at a bougie London salon. CAN THEY NOT HELP HER?!?!

She also needs to stop blaming “societal expectations”. No one in society is telling her her hair needs to be straight (and anyway, it’s not like she’s getting any editorial work). She’s not getting jobs because she has naturally curly hair. She’s not getting paid 30% less than her straight haired peers. She isn’t treated any differently.
I've been using lockdown to bring back my natural texture and its a journey. She really needs to stop going to Herschons and find a hair stylist that specializes in curl and can give her the right cuts and education. It will take well over a year of consistent care to bring her hair back.

But that would require work and her actually paying for something. I'm sure she can swindle someone into giving her a free service though

Reactions: 8

I made the previous post about returning to work, and yes, I'm in the US. I had a C-section as well and I didnt have any access to paid leave at the time. My husband very generously had 4 weeks to take care of us before returning to work. I took 10 weeks unpaid and thought that was extravagant.

The US is a mess with respect to parental leave, but I find it hard to take her seriously when she complains about her 2 work-day per week schedule. We pay nearly an extra mortgage payment per month for our son to go to daycare so that we can work full time. She has no idea how hard it is out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
how nice when your workday consists of hair appointment :( is logistically difficult for her to get to her usual hairdresser, lol like what? take a train like normal people or beg for a bolt/kapten, or just be honest, her usual hairdresser isn't PREXPERIENCING at the moment?

Reactions: 17
I have curly hair that I’ve straightened since I can remember but I’ve never used a keratine treatment like she has and it makes the difference because I can wear my curls if I want to. Her hair is unsalvageable now, unless she decides to shave her hair and let the curls grow back from there.
keratin treatment makes no difference to my curls and I wear my hair curly all the time. I get it done every 4 months and have done for years. Just helps with the frizz. However... I wonder if she’s been getting a chemical straightener of some kind over a keratin one and not been honest about it? Her hair’s inability to “bounce back” would make more sense if so.

She needs to work with her hair wet, and some simple styling products and go from there. She’s trying all these methods but she just needs to go back to basics. It takes a while to find the method for your hair. Curly girl doesn’t work for me so I found my own path.

She seems intent on proving she can’t wear it curly, and if that’s her attitude then she should stop boring us all and just not make such an issue about it and carry on frying her hair.

Reactions: 5
It would actually be interesting content to see her go back to her natural curls, see the process. And yes, she might have to manage it in different ways during photoshoots (scarfs, headbands, whatever) but again, if she could commit to it it would finally set her apart from all the other bland influencers all gushing over the same products they have been sent that same week.

Reactions: 9
I think she cut her mat leave short so she could make Rich go part time. She didn’t want the responsibility of being a Mum full time while Rich was out. And she was scared of becoming irrelevant, but she needn’t have worried, she was always irrelevant!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I finally braved myself to watch her video, oh dear her hair after washing is WOW (not in a good way kind of WOW!)View attachment 173542
Her hair looks like my niece's hair when she accidentally dips her hair into some food that she was eating.
It looks matted, oily and dry at the same time. Incredible.

I couldn't get over her hair. Not the texture or anything... Just how greasy it looked post a hair wash. It literally looked like it hadn't been washed in a week. I heat style my hair every day because I have this strange course hair that has loads of kinks in it, but isn't curly. But I use a deep treatment once a week, and a heat spray when i wash it and it's fine. I don't know anything else to my hair, no dye or anything. She has seriously done something shocking to get her hair in that condition.
I wonder does she have a huge buildup of product? Perhaps she isn't using a antiresidue shampoo once a week. Also, know how to properly wash your hair helps. She should massage the scalp, not the hair and apply conditioner to only the ends... Seems basic but many dont know that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
She is one step closer to becoming phillipa... being besties with Sarah.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hahaha she is unbelievable, not logistically possible for her to get to her usual hairdresser? Translates to they were too busy with paying customers so she couldn’t be gifted an appointment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.