Lily Pebbles #6 the Tattle thread works harder than Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lily got quite forceful at the end about women who choose to not have children and how she’s seen it from both sides and doesn’t understand how someone wouldn’t want a baby. It didn’t come across great, to me, anyway. Also saying about how she looks back on pre baby Lily and reprimands her for having no purpose in life without children and being bored in her life etc. It just sounded a bit strange as she was talking with a friend who doesn’t have a baby - does she think Anna and Mark have no real purpose in life at the minute? Does a satisfaction with life only come with giving birth?! If I got a bit annoyed listening as a mother of three I’d be interested in how it comes across to those who don’t have children.
What a bleep. Why is she so bothered about other women choosing not to have children? I don't have children and am not sure if I want to...I find the people who most often are against that, are the women who regret having children or are miserable because of their child. Misery loves company as they say. And Lily certainly has been a miserable witch since Grey was born.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What a bleep. Why is she so bothered about other women choosing not to have children? I don't have children and am not sure if I want to...I find the people who most often are against that, are the women who regret having children or are miserable because of their child. Misery loves company as they say. And Lily certainly has been a miserable witch since Grey was born.
I don't think there should ever be a discussion about women wanting to have babies or not... not every woman is as privileged and the same as the other. Some women want children, others don't, others want to adopt, others can't afford having them and others want children more than anything and unfortunately are unable to have them. Every woman has had a different life path and has different wants, needs and beliefs so for someone who grew up quite privileged and has quite an easy, cushy job to blame other women about their life choices is plain disgusting.

Reactions: 27
Ok, so it definitely wasn’t just me who found it a strange approach to the conversation then.

Also, why would the sales assistants laugh at her for asking if they had black or white in the kids shoes? Is she soooo edgy to want monochrome shoes and is the first mother to want them? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Ok, so it definitely wasn’t just me who found it a strange approach to the conversation then.

Also, why would the sales assistants laugh at her for asking if they had black or white in the kids shoes? Is she soooo edgy to want monochrome shoes and is the first mother to want them? 🤦🏻‍♀️
To be honest I agreed with her on this. Whether she wanted a trendy monochromatic look or not, I do get disappointed when the options for little girls are pink/unicorns/dreams/be kind fashion.

Reactions: 4
The thing with Lily is that she gets offended no matter what, she never missed a chance to moan. For Lily, is almost 'A moan a day, keeps the doctor away'

When there are no 'pink/ pastel colour' options, she will moan; if there is no black/white option, she will also moan.

She also that kind of person that dresses Grey in pink and when someone assumes that Grey is a girl, she will get offended. Everyone has to tread carefully around here because everything is a bait.

I think sometimes is quite hard to identify the baby's gender, it is almost an influencer thing to get offended nitty-gritty stuff like this. My sister was identified a boy all the time when she was young but mum didn't get offended, she just laughed it off because my mum has a real job and obviously there aren't social media platforms back then for her to moan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
If she’s so terribly worried about having colourless shoes, why not just see what’s available in the boys’ section?

Reactions: 12
If she’s so terribly worried about having colourless shoes, why not just see what’s available in the boys’ section?
I just bought my little girl her first shoes from the boys section!

Also she shouldn't even be putting Grey in shoes yet, you're supposed to wait until they've been walking confidently for several weeks.

Reactions: 9
To be honest I agreed with her on this. Whether she wanted a trendy monochromatic look or not, I do get disappointed when the options for little girls are pink/unicorns/dreams/be kind fashion.
I agree that little girls options are often limited to pink/princess/fairy/unicorn and nothing remotely interesting but still not sure why the assistant found it funny that she wanted black or white? Have I missed a joke?

100% this. She kept saying that she had a baby because she felt bored and purposeless in her life, and that her job wasn't enough for her, then backtracking as though she realised how it sounded. The bit about childlessness (by choice) was also bizarre and tonedeaf.

Re: the eczema mystery, I wonder if the stress of her wedding caused the eczema to develop after the fact? She doesn't seem to consider this but to me it would be an obvious and simple explanation.
I don’t have any blood children (though I have beloved stepchildren and grandchildren) and I can assure you my life does not lack purpose but this comment doesn’t surprise me . The woman utterly lacks imagination or the ability to see the world through anyone’s eyes but her own - and lets face it her view isn’t pretty!

So true- she is utterly miserable and seems to loathe her life

Reactions: 13
They probably didn't laugh, I doubt she even said it, she's just trying to make a point.

My baby boy has very pretty eyes and often gets mistaken for a girl, even if he's decked out in blue. It doesn't offend me.

I’m unsure which shop she visited but I’ve been on the Clarks website recently (school shoe shopping) and their baby section isn’t split into gender and has a huge variety of styles and colours.
I’m not one that really conforms when it comes to clothes and shoes for my children, I buy from the girls section for my son quite a lot and at Grey’s age my daughter mostly wore boys shoes but I don’t need to make a point and let everyone know that in real life.
Plus, those shoes are cute and will match quite a lot of Grey’s wardrobe. Why does she always have to act like she’s oooooh sooooo different?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m unsure which shop she visited but I’ve been on the Clarks website recently (school shoe shopping) and their baby section isn’t split into gender and has a huge variety of styles and colours.
I’m not one that really conforms when it comes to clothes and shoes for my children, I buy from the girls section for my son quite a lot and at Grey’s age my daughter mostly wore boys shoes but I don’t need to make a point and let everyone know that in real life.
Plus, those shoes are cute and will match quite a lot of Grey’s wardrobe. Why does she always have to act like she’s oooooh sooooo different?
Very true, there’s nothing to stop her from shopping in the boys section. It’s not like the feet of baby boys and baby girls are different in any way.

Lily has show she’s different or she’s nothing at all.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if the sales assistant appeared to laugh at what Lily said when actually she was reacting to Lily's expression - maybe Lily laughed as she asked the question, or was disproportionately annoyed to have to be asking it. Feels like she's reading a lot into a little thing. Plus ça change!

Reactions: 2
I wonder if the sales assistant appeared to laugh at what Lily said when actually she was reacting to Lily's expression - maybe Lily laughed as she asked the question, or was disproportionately annoyed to have to be asking it. Feels like she's reading a lot into a little thing. Plus ça change!
Maybe the sales assistant knew who lily was lol and laughed cause she kicks up a fuss over nothing 😅. Now I may be wrong but I imagine lily wouldn't be very polite when complaining about something like that.

Reactions: 2
On the whole shoe thing. I don’t really get it, in my local schuh they had exclusively black/white options available in store when we went a couple of weeks ago. We wanted red shoes for our boy and they just ordered them in for us.
Although I have only once been asked if he’s a girl and he was wearing a Star Wars onesie, can’t say I was bothered. I was never asked when he was wearing his pink unicorn top covered in glitter.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.