Lily Pebbles #41 Friendship toasted, style roasted, poobs too wobbly hasn’t posted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she actually use the brushes? Explain what each is for? Explain her thoughts on them vs other brushes? How can she be flustered by just posting some photos, incorrect discount codes and a bunch of af-links? She is all-round rubbish at everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
According to Bringing up Bebé, Parisian women are usually back at work by 4 months because that's all they have for maternity leave. And their kids are fine 🤷🏻‍♀️

If Lily made it look at all like she was enjoying her home life, I'd say stay home forever. But when you complain non stop, hide away in your attic all day, and post about being overhwelmed constantly, you need a change.

The amount of women I've spoken to who thought they would love being stay at home moms and then actually just felt like it was making them feel like they were losing it is pretty interesting.
I'm pretty sure she once said the nursery she wants to send her kids to doesn't start until 2 years old.

Reactions: 5
I got my office wear from seraphine. Was so nice to wear slim fit suit style trousers that had room for a bump (don’t get me wrong leggings are fine but not in corporate London)
Wow! They have a lot great stuff, thank you so so much!

Reactions: 5
I wonder if the pandemic played a part as well? Most pregnant women stopped going to shop for non essential stuff if possible. And some still avoid it now. Many were put into working from home asap or put on protective leave if working from home wasn’t possible, so their need for something different than lounge clothes went down rapidly. The retail sector was struggling before but the last three years didn’t help. Cutting down on maternity wear seems like a reasonable choice.
I will say that the choices have gone down in style as well. I feel lucky I got two mat jeans, 6 tops and two dresses four years ago. Lots of stuff that was around this time looked as bad as my mothers generation frumpy tents.

Reactions: 13
I wonder if the pandemic played a part as well? Most pregnant women stopped going to shop for non essential stuff if possible. And some still avoid it now. Many were put into working from home asap or put on protective leave if working from home wasn’t possible, so their need for something different than lounge clothes went down rapidly. The retail sector was struggling before but the last three years didn’t help. Cutting down on maternity wear seems like a reasonable choice.
I will say that the choices have gone down in style as well. I feel lucky I got two mat jeans, 6 tops and two dresses four years ago. Lots of stuff that was around this time looked as bad as my mothers generation frumpy tents.
It’s a reasonable choice for the shops trying to maximise what they will sell within their retail space, but very frustrating for pregnant people at a time when your shape/size is constantly changing and you don’t know how things are going to fit/look on without trying them on first.

Reactions: 6
In this latest YouTube offering, she goes on and on about how great Rudy is. Poor little Grey. She inconvenienced Lily so much as Child #1, and Rudy gets all the accolades 😕
I don't think Lily knows how to have a conversation whether its vlogging, by herself or with ppl around without complaining. Complaining is how Lily starts a conversation and continues it. I think her new mgmt did at the very least skim through these boards and told her what she needs to not do on her content (i.e. complain too much) which is why she tries to be "positive" and talk about how great Rudy is.

The reason why Lily got away with complaining 10x more in her earlier content (when she was in her 20s) rather than now is b/c there are more influencers but more importantly she was at the height of her "prettiness". When you are considered "pretty" or "attractive", things that would be annoying or frustrating in "normal people" are just "quirky" in ppl considered attractive. Now Lily like Anne really had a shift in their looks compared from when they were 30 now to mid 30s (which is very common btw) but now they can't hide their blatant flaws behind their youth/attractiveness.

There's a great TikTok that went viral explaining how most Karens (which tend to be middle aged white women) are former pretty girls hence their demeanor and sense of entitlement. While Lily can do her best to be "positive" now, the fact its so obvious how much effort she's putting on in front of the camera shows the change isn't genuine. Mark my words she is def on the pipeline to be a Karen if she isn't irl already.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Lol she’s totally a Karen already, I’m sure everyone in her family is, even Lionel. Have you ever read her mom’s tweets? Psychotic that someone with quite a privileged life could whine so much about nothing.

This afternoon I attended an influencer marketing panel specific to the industry I work in (so no beauty shillers, they are all SMEs in the industry who happen to make content.) One panelist said they don’t care about trolls because if someone is watching them on YouTube even to troll them, they are still making money. Maybe this is Lily’s strategy 💀

Reactions: 23
The grinch inside of me can't wait until these "pay later" options are added to credit scores. People need to stop shopping.

1) I find it hilarious that I had posted to her ages ago saying that her diastasis recti (she looks to have the thinned abdominal wall kind, not the split) needs work, and she was like NAH I'm good I don't need to work on my fitness, and now she's on the workout train, presumably for her ?depression;

2) if you know you're losing weight on purpose and will be changing sizes, instead of being wasteful with your time and money, buying a bunch of sizes of tit- BUY CLOTHES THAT WILL FIT THROUGH MULTIPLE SIZES 🤓.
I will never get these idiots buying a new size down in jeans and then again and again and again. Buy some sharp looking Lululemon outfits (high waisted leggings from them will fit someone through 20-30 pound weight changes), buy some stretchy-waisted skirts or have extra buttons added to jeans/skirts/etc, and buy some comfy, cute sweaters for winter that will be fitted now and a little loose later.

The waste is bleeping astounding.
I hope she donates all of her old clothes 😵
Isn’t that a little extreme ?
If things were so simple there wouldn’t be different size options at all. Most of us here bash lazy influencers like Lily who often the wrong size/don’t tailor their clothes; and now it’s the other way round 😅
I personally prefer to buy new jeans if I have gained/lost weight, as dressing according to your size plays a large part in confidence and acceptance of one’s new body. And it’s not wasteful. The clothes that don’t fit anymore are stored away and given to charity if not worn after x months.
There is a difference between blind eco consciousness and pragmatism

Edit : I don’t know which world you live in, but wearing Lululemon (ie activewear) all year round is impossible if you work in a corporate environment…

Reactions: 13
Lol she’s totally a Karen already, I’m sure everyone in her family is, even Lionel. Have you ever read her mom’s tweets? Psychotic that someone with quite a privileged life could whine so much about nothing.

This afternoon I attended an influencer marketing panel specific to the industry I work in (so no beauty shillers, they are all SMEs in the industry who happen to make content.) One panelist said they don’t care about trolls because if someone is watching them on YouTube even to troll them, they are still making money. Maybe this is Lily’s strategy 💀
If hatewatching is lily's strategy to generate views, then she's doing a stellar job and I admire her nearly decades long dedication. Lionel, you've spawned a marketing genius just as great as you 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Isn’t that a little extreme ?
If things were so simple there wouldn’t be different size options at all. Most of us here bash lazy influencers like Lily who often the wrong size/don’t tailor their clothes; and now it’s the other way round 😅
I personally prefer to buy new jeans if I have gained/lost weight, as dressing according to your size plays a large part in confidence and acceptance of one’s new body. And it’s not wasteful. The clothes that don’t fit anymore are stored away and given to charity if not worn after x months.
There is a difference between blind eco consciousness and pragmatism

Edit : I don’t know which world you live in, but wearing Lululemon (ie activewear) all year round is impossible if you work in a corporate environment…
I would go even further. Wearing sports/lounge clothes is pushing it even for a trip to the supermarket. At least around here. It’s not that hard to put on some jeans. Takes 1minute. (Make up though is s completely different topic. Foundation is seen more suitable for an evening out as a full face of make up takes time and is also painfully obvious if you meet in daylight.) I don’t think it has relaxed more through the pandemic. The only difference is that you don’t make an effort when working from home. And even that is more a 50/50 thing. There are enough that still dress properly or even put on some rouge/lipstick.

Reactions: 3
I would go even further. Wearing sports/lounge clothes is pushing it even for a trip to the supermarket. At least around here. It’s not that hard to put on some jeans. Takes 1minute. (Make up though is s completely different topic. Foundation is seen more suitable for an evening out as a full face of make up takes time and is also painfully obvious if you meet in daylight.) I don’t think it has relaxed more through the pandemic. The only difference is that you don’t make an effort when working from home. And even that is more a 50/50 thing. There are enough that still dress properly or even put on some rouge/lipstick.
Foundation in the correct shade, weight and applied properly with the use of a well lit mirror is perfectly suitable for daytime as is a full face of makeup. Do you really think that makeup is only for going out in the evening?

Reactions: 22
(Make up though is s completely different topic. Foundation is seen more suitable for an evening out as a full face of make up takes time and is also painfully obvious if you meet in daylight.)
You sound like some men who think "no make up make up" is actually no make up while the person wears full coverage, lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
The issue with Anna and Lily is that they decided to cut their working hours after becoming parents but would never accept the pay-cut that comes with this. That’s why we’re seeing such ridiculous amount of affiliate links from them these days.

Reactions: 28
The issue with Anna and Lily is that they decided to cut their working hours after becoming parents but would never accept the pay-cut that comes with this. That’s why we’re seeing such ridiculous amount of affiliate links from them these days.
Remember when Anna claimed to take some time off after Chops was born and rushed back asap to secure the bag? Greedy af. As for Lily, using parenthood as a reason not to work as much as before becomes ridiculous when your husband has been documented multiple times to do literally everything, lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You sound like some men who think "no make up make up" is actually no make up while the person wears full coverage, lol.
Yes you’ll be surprised how many people are wearing a foundation very subtly who you’d think aren’t and that’s in the daylight 🤣. Good foundation, well matched and applied well is not noticeable…I wear a mineral powder foundation in the day when I go into the office and I can confidently say you don’t see it but it’s just helping even my skin tone and slightly matte 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I do laugh at all the influencers who play dress up in their home offices and put on full face of make up to just post on Instagram and aren’t even leaving the house. Especially when they do outfit inspiration for ‘workwear’ when they have worked from home for donkeys years. Most of their workwear inspiration is bizarre boss babe outfits that you’d look like a weirdo if you actually strutted into your office wearing it. Like in the frow and her pink power suits.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Nah. But there are many out there who don’t realise their no make up make up looks exactly like a face of full coverage. Especially in bright daylight from up close. There is not enough moisture or primer in the world to help this. I also don’t think it’s a problem? Just that it’s not a common look around here. From my experience it’s a 30-70 thing. There are also many variations of what people would call a face full of make up. For some it’s using a foundation all over, for others it’s several layers, other might argue that everything more then concealer, blush and mascara is already a lot of make up.
Didn’t realise Rouge is not in use anymore. I use them interchangeably. Might be the language barrier?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.