Lily Pebbles #41 Friendship toasted, style roasted, poobs too wobbly hasn’t posted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can already hear Lily defending herself “I am in between sizes and my boobs are yuge so I have to order 3 sizes”
The only predicament is that she’s in between the size she wants to be and what she actually is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
First and foremost, retailers like need to stop offer free next day delivery for £10 a year.

Second of all, they need to make it prohibitively expensive to have something delivered to your house eg free delivery to store for omnichannel retailers, £3 for collect+, and £20 for delivery to home. I think this price would greatly reduce the number of home delivery, it would mean couriers would get a fairer wage, reduce congestion/co2 emissions and people would think more consciously about buying just to try on.

Finally they need to get rid of klarna etc. There's no reason why we should be encouraging people to go into debt for a 20 quid dress. Gen z are treating it like monopoly money without understanding what a credit score is. I know too many people that put their purchases on klarna and over buy because they won't get charged because the majority will be sent back.
The grinch inside of me can't wait until these "pay later" options are added to credit scores. People need to stop shopping.

The only predicament is that she’s in between the size she wants to be and what she actually is.
1) I find it hilarious that I had posted to her ages ago saying that her diastasis recti (she looks to have the thinned abdominal wall kind, not the split) needs work, and she was like NAH I'm good I don't need to work on my fitness, and now she's on the workout train, presumably for her ?depression;

2) if you know you're losing weight on purpose and will be changing sizes, instead of being wasteful with your time and money, buying a bunch of sizes of tit- BUY CLOTHES THAT WILL FIT THROUGH MULTIPLE SIZES 🤓.
I will never get these idiots buying a new size down in jeans and then again and again and again. Buy some sharp looking Lululemon outfits (high waisted leggings from them will fit someone through 20-30 pound weight changes), buy some stretchy-waisted skirts or have extra buttons added to jeans/skirts/etc, and buy some comfy, cute sweaters for winter that will be fitted now and a little loose later.

The waste is bleeping astounding.
I hope she donates all of her old clothes 😵

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
What about people in rural areas? Why should they be penalised for not being able to get to a store?

Reactions: 23
First and foremost, retailers like need to stop offer free next day delivery for £10 a year.

Second of all, they need to make it prohibitively expensive to have something delivered to your house eg free delivery to store for omnichannel retailers, £3 for collect+, and £20 for delivery to home. I think this price would greatly reduce the number of home delivery, it would mean couriers would get a fairer wage, reduce congestion/co2 emissions and people would think more consciously about buying just to try on.

Finally they need to get rid of klarna etc. There's no reason why we should be encouraging people to go into debt for a 20 quid dress. Gen z are treating it like monopoly money without understanding what a credit score is. I know too many people that put their purchases on klarna and over buy because they won't get charged because the majority will be sent back.
How about some consumer responsibility? If you don’t need the delivery don’t abuse it. There are however so many people who may live in areas with no access to shops, or may be prevented from shopping in store due to varied reasons like having a disability or impossibly busy lifestyle. Why would you penalise those customers just because overconsumption is a problem that spoiled brats like Lily can’t recognise?

What about people in rural areas? Why should they be penalised for not being able to get to a store?
Sorry, just realised you already raised this! 👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How about some consumer responsibility? If you don’t need the delivery don’t abuse it. There are however so many people who may live in areas with no access to shops, or may be prevented from shopping in store due to varied reasons like having a disability or impossibly busy lifestyle. Why would you penalise those customers just because overconsumption is a problem that spoiled brats like Lily can’t recognise?

Firmly agree. As someone who’s plus size and tall there’s literally not a single shop I could go in store and buy my size.

the average person isn’t abusing the system of ordering online, most people buy something when they need it. Influencers are the ones who are making it seem that online shopping can only be done in a wasteful way.

Also even if brands did charge £20+ delivery, they’d probably give influencers free delivery or a gift card to cover it so they keep shopping with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Btw on a related note, why do brands no longer have maternity section in store? Pretty much all stores I visited the other day in hope to get some comfy pyjamas and leggings said their maternity range was online only! When did this happen? I remember years ago almost every high-street brand had a maternity section as part of theirwomenswear floor.

Reactions: 18

Asos and most of the shops Lily promotes are not essential shops so I don't find a problem with having them having prohibitive home delivery charges. As a society we are consuming too much and I think paying more for home delivery on frivolities is a small price to pay in order to offset the damage being done by all the cars on the roads as well as pay these drivers a fair wage (these people make a pound per parcel).

Reactions: 6
Btw on a related note, why do brands no longer have maternity section in store? Pretty much all stores I visited the other day in hope to get some comfy pyjamas and leggings said their maternity range was online only! When did this happen? I remember years ago almost every high-street brand had a maternity section as part of theirwomenswear floor.
Found a very limited selection in Asda last year. Ended up ordering online from them as well as ASOS and Sainsbury’s. Delivered to store where I could.

Reactions: 5
Magazines/ influencers have been telling women to just borrow your husband clothes as maternity clothing is a "waste/ frumpy". Unfortunately, I would imagine this has resulted in fewer sales and stores prioritising standard

Found a very limited selection in Asda last year. Ended up ordering online from them as well as ASOS and Sainsbury’s. Delivered to store where I could.
Thanks so much for the tip!

Magazines/ influencers have been telling women to just borrow your husband clothes as maternity clothing is a "waste/ frumpy". Unfortunately, I would imagine this has resulted in fewer sales and stores prioritising standard
Yeah, I assumed they didn’t want to waste expensive floor space on collections that’s limited to a smaller number of customers. Although I understand it’s unnecessary to purchase a whole new wardrobe I just simply need leggings/trousers and underwear that I feel comfortable in with my growing belly. I don’t think my partner’s trousers would cut it 😆 I’m frustrated that I may need to order online especially now that I’m unfamiliar with my new size which may end up in me having to return some things.

Thanks so much for the tip!

Yeah, I assumed they didn’t want to waste expensive floor space on collections that’s limited to a smaller number of customers. Although I understand it’s unnecessary to purchase a whole new wardrobe I just simply need leggings/trousers and underwear that I feel comfortable in with my growing belly. I don’t think my partner’s trousers would cut it 😆 I’m frustrated that I may need to order online especially now that I’m unfamiliar with my new size which may end up in me having to return some things.
Seeing as it's winter, I would just order a pair of align leggings or two- high waisted and super forgiving. Seems easier than faffing around with mat jeans. For festive things I'd just hunt down some thrifted maxi skirts and style them with sweaters. The bump will just turn it into a high low. Maternity brands do show up on thrift sites as well

Reactions: 2
I went to about 7 shops in London on Sunday trying to get maternity and leave as told it’s all online! It’s incredibly frustrating as I don’t want to keep taking stuff to the post office I wasn’t to try it on in store! When I last shopped for maternity 4 years ago it was in all stores

Seeing as it's winter, I would just order a pair of align leggings or two- high waisted and super forgiving. Seems easier than faffing around with mat jeans. For festive things I'd just hunt down some thrifted maxi skirts and style them with sweaters. The bump will just turn it into a high low. Maternity brands do show up on thrift sites as well
Oh I’m not even thinking buying any festive things. Truly all I need is just comfy pyjamas, couple of leggings a nicer pair of trousers that are office compatible. I often wear oversized jumpers and dresses so can get away with it. Are align leggings good enough quality to justify the price? Also can they truly stretch over a full belly as much?

Reactions: 4
Oh I’m not even thinking buying any festive things. Truly all I need is just comfy pyjamas, couple of leggings a nicer pair of trousers that are office compatible. I often wear oversized jumpers and dresses so can get away with it. Are align leggings good enough quality to justify the price? Also can they truly stretch over a full belly as much?
The middle aisle at Lidl often has amazing maternity wear btw. Got some great leggings, nursing bras and nursing vest tops.

• Heart
oh yes. I love align legging. Had Girlfriend collective, hated it. The quality is no where near the Lulu one

It's annoying b/c so many size charts, not all but many now provide measurements in mm or inches so you can use a measuring tape. That along with the reviews you can best assess which size might be best for you. The whole buying 3-5 sizes is unnecessarily wasteful.

I got my office wear from seraphine. Was so nice to wear slim fit suit style trousers that had room for a bump (don’t get me wrong leggings are fine but not in corporate London)

Back to Lily, she’ll be stuck in an endless cycle of purchasing for as long as she hates her body and insists on only wearing trends

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.