Lily Pebbles #39 Always shoot ready, content pillars unsteady, shares every mundane thought in her head-y

Lily has left Gleam. Did she quit or was she dropped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @ANiceEgg for the winning thread title!

As Lily herself says, um, these things are complicated, and we actually had a three-way tie for the winning thread title.
The runners up were:
One man band, no time to research a brand - @ANiceEgg
The London Moan Ranger - a collaboration between @Gold_7 & @Jaybtee

Recap:
-Where to start? Oh yeah, let's start in COFRU where Lily was #gifted a hotel stay, decided the room she was given wasn't up to scratch, and demanded an upgrade. The hotel made her pay for said upgrade, which Beggy surely wasn't counting on. Ha!
-It's Lily & Rich's anniversary soon, and Tattlers have been speculating that their marriage is on the rocks. I think I was the one who first speculated they might be in marriage counselling, and while I was half joking, in fact, all the signs are there. Lily is making an effort to be nice to Rich - even buying him a 'Poor Rich' sweater for their anniversary. She has also started working out. Rich still looks miserable and over it - so watch this space.
-Lily has messed up on IG a number of times in the past week. First she posted a story showing pictures of Grey's classmates, then she posted an ad for BrewDog. When it was pointed out to her that BrewDog is a very problematic company, Lily just shrugged and posted a reel of her dancing in order to give us nightmares 'lighten the mood'.
- In major news, Lily and Anna have had a falling out. It looks as though this is a pretty major falling out. According to Tattlers, Anna stopped liking Lily's posts back in July, while Lily hasn't liked any of Anna's IG posts since August. Lily also didn't send Anna any birthday wishes. All theories welcome, but this could have something do to with the news that Lily has left Gleam (I've added a poll, as was requested in the previous thread) and has joined a new agency - YMU. As of right now, Lily's announcement post has almost 5K likes - but Anna has not liked the post even though she has been on IG today. So much drama!!

That's all the time I have to write the recap and I'm sure I've missed a bunch of stuff. If you have anything to add to the recap, add it in comments!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I need to know what has happened between them! Although I must admit Lily at least opens up a bit about things. Anna has totally forgotten that to be a successful influencer you have to share something other than aff links. Has she ever talked about post baby body, post baby mental health or if that's not her thing then share lots of cooking content or do a q&a about buying an old house or ANYTHING just stop trying to sell us Arket T shirts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
They can't just not address it forever! I feel like that's definitely what Lily was referring to in the "somethings you may never know" comment in her most recent video.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
I feel like the poll needs a third option : pushed out so quit.

She’s been extra moody this last year. I think she’s been looking over at Anna and believes she’s not getting gleams attention when really Anna has just been churning out those affl links. Lily is more self conscious of her body post baby so wouldn’t do style content like Anna. Anna would wear a brown bag (and has) if it meant she gets paid.

Lily frankly makes more mistakes in spelling/copy writing than any other influencer I know, I’m dyslexic so I get it but it takes no length to double check your work before publishing.

I don’t think gleam would outright fire out her unless there was serious drama. They’re more likely to gently nudge her out if they can’t get as many clients to work with her. She then thinks quitting is her idea 💡

It’s easier to package Anna to clients than Lily. Anna has a very bland aesthetic but it’s consistent whereas Lily is a bit of a mess.

Reactions: 27
When did she show pictures of Grey's classmates? I haven't read back through much of the last thread. Thanks!

Reactions: 4
When did she show pictures of Grey's classmates? I haven't read back through much of the last thread. Thanks!
She might have intended to post it for “close friends” i think or gathered from what she tried to explain after she deleted it

Reactions: 9
I wonder if they had decided to leave Gleam together, but then Anna bailed on Lily at the last minute. I can see Anna being sneaky like that.

I do feel like the podcast is somehow involved in their falling out. Maybe they had sponsorships in place when Lily decided to leave Gleam and then the whole thing had to be scrapped. I still think Anna probably didn't say anything about it - she just started ignoring Lily.

@Tove_drew I added a third option to the poll, hit return too fast, and now it has saved as 'pushed out so quite' and I can't edit it. Lol. I've asked the mods to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I think that both of them are dropped by Gleam
Lily got picked up by another management cos she is in London, she is a mom, opening to sharing/ copying new content… this cld be a source of tension between them?
so maybe then Anna was just left out in the cold no mgmt to get her gigs so she got to keep up with the spam aff-links to make a living

Lily might still able to keep her existing partnerships on her own if they want to work with her but the paid jobs might start getting fewer…?

Reactions: 5
She posted a scrapbook made by the nursery, which had stories, art work, and pictures of other kids. She filmed herself flicking through it, then later removed it saying 'Oops, meant to have posted this on my private IG for family only'. Suuuure...

Reactions: 7
In the last thread I said I thought Lily had left Gleam of her own accord, and saw this new company as a step up. However, looking at their IG, they have less than 1K followers on there. Now I'm wondering if it really is a step up for her. Are they a very new company? I see Louise Pentland has joined with them too.

It does seem like Gleam is a sinking ship - and everyone is leaving.

I think that both of them are dropped by Gleam
Anna is still with Gleam though.

Or she was yesterday when I last checked.

Reactions: 10
Yes, Anna is still with Gleam. I don't think she'll leave, it's too much of a comfortable spot for her, especially now that her direct competition has left.
I don't think it's a step up for Lily, other than that she might be able to land the same jobs at the same time as Anna, now that they're not with the same agency and clients do not have to pick just one of them. But with such a small, starting agency, what kind of jobs will they be able to sort out for her? Brewdog...?

Reactions: 11
I’m not sure Anna and Lily have had a falling out … they went to the BAFTA’s together? That doesn’t feel like so long ago?

I also think 75% of their “friendship” was because of their work wifey status. So if they aren’t collabing (if that’s what you can even a call their 💩output) then what do they even have … Lily isn’t pleasant and anna is totally 1D.

Also Lily is super tit at her job to allow her name to be spelled wrong on Gleam and that Tattle scooped her move announcement. A good marketing pro would have those dominos all lined up so that the IG announcement went up at the same time Gleam went down and YMU went up. It’s literally coordinating only 2 external stakeholders. SHE COULD NEVER HACK IT IN THE REAL WORLD!!!!!!!! It’s mind boggling 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My first time getting really invested in tattle gossip, can't help myself. Can someone check last time they mentioned eachother? If it's the same week it points to a fall out. If its a few weeks apart I.e lily mentioned Anna and then Anna mentioned Lily a few weeks later then it's less likely

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.