Lily Pebbles #37 Stopped getting things for free? Time to update the CV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @roarke for the thread title!

Recap:
Lily was gifted a hotel stay, but this wasn't enough for her; she decided to beg for a freebie spa day while she was there.
She is currently enrolled in a beginners tennis class, even though she's been playing tennis since she was a kid. This means she wins every time. Classic Lily.
In a controversial moment, Lily slagged off a whole load of brands by saying most brands suck at social media.
In her latest video she said the podcast has been put on hold because of something that's going on in her life. Theories? Might be something to do with Rich as she said he has taken to swimming a few mornings a week as it is good for his mental health.
It's pretty clear that Rich has been struggling for a while now. Maybe because Lily keeps running off to the loft to leave him deal with everything.

Photo round-up:

Lily dancing like nobody's watching

lilydance.jpeg

Beauty influencer

lilybeauty.jpeg

London foodie

foodie.jpeg

Anything else to add to the recap? Add it in comments!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Recap add on

+ thinks that wearing a bra in summer wld ruin it (the bra)
+ had lots of clever moments and started linking a whole bunch of kitchen-y gadgets

• Haha
Reactions: 17
+ Bought 9 swimsuits, made a bunch of affiliate commissions out of it and only kept 4. Gross
+ Tattle is always right! She did not promote her book because someone published her address online not because of the terrible reviews she perhaps has high expectations of her book
+ Her fridge was so dirty
+ Pimp out her parents home for content

Thanks to @roarke for the thread title!

Recap:
Lily was gifted a hotel stay, but this wasn't enough for her; she decided to beg for a freebie spa day while she was there.
She is currently enrolled in a beginners tennis class, even though she's been playing tennis since she was a kid. This means she wins every time. Classic Lily.
In a controversial moment, Lily slagged off a whole load of brands by saying most brands suck at social media.
In her latest video she said the podcast has been put on hold because of something that's going on in her life. Theories? Might be something to do with Rich as she said he has taken to swimming a few mornings a week as it is good for his mental health.
It's pretty clear that Rich has been struggling for a while now. Maybe because Lily keeps running off to the loft to leave him deal with everything.

Photo round-up:

Lily dancing like nobody's watching

View attachment 1460468

Beauty influencer

View attachment 1460469

London foodie

View attachment 1460480

Anything else to add to the recap? Add it in comments!
Can you imagine that face that looks like a ghost but have the audacity to slack off influencer with Botox. 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lolllllzzzzz I am watching the q&a. What a dipshit. First of all, people also film their podcast recordings and publish on YouTube. “Audio vlog” being special is never going to be a thing, Lily.

Lily launches into a big hoo-ha about how she has to be soooo selective about her work because she is DIFFERENT and AUTHENTIC. She basically says she is too good to work from a script or do multiple takes.

As someone in marketing, I read this as she’s an influencer ( yes Lily, you are an INFLUENCER, not a cOnTeNt cReaToR) who can’t plan, follow a brief, or put the time in to get the shot. I currently work for a billion+ dollar multinational, and often script corporate videos. Our team requires that every second is planned for and anyone we work with, whether it’s at C-level or a client, should absolutely expect to do more than one take and incorporate our (the production team’s) feedback into improving takes. So that means if it’s a 90-second video, we account for 90 different moments in the shoot plan. I didn’t get that job by saying, oh I just prefer to do it my way because I’m authentic.

I don’t need to “know” her to know she can’t hack it in the real world of marketing and communications. I know her work; moreover, I know my industry. She’s not good at what she does and she no longer knows how to do it to a modern standard. Plus… We know this here on Tattle, but Lily STILL doesn’t get it, apparently: She will never, ever again be able to work brand side (or even agency!), not without a major skill and attitude glow up. I can’t wait for the video about “why” she’s never started a brand. *cue mocking* She totally reads here, we just talked about this in the last thread!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Lolllllzzzzz I am watching the q&a. What a dipshit. First of all, people also film their podcast recordings and publish on YouTube. “Audio vlog” being special is never going to be a thing, Lily.

Lily launches into a big hoo-ha about how she has to be soooo selective about her work because she is DIFFERENT and AUTHENTIC. She basically says she is too good to work from a script or do multiple takes.

As someone in marketing, I read this as she’s an influencer ( yes Lily, you are an INFLUENCER, not a cOnTeNt cReaToR) who can’t plan, follow a brief, or put the time in to get the shot. I currently work for a billion+ dollar multinational, and often script corporate videos. Our team requires that every second is planned for and anyone we work with, whether it’s at C-level or a client, should absolutely expect to do more than one take and incorporate our (the production team’s) feedback into improving takes. So that means if it’s a 90-second video, we account for 90 different moments in the shoot plan. I didn’t get that job by saying, oh I just prefer to do it my way because I’m authentic.

I don’t need to “know” her to know she can’t hack it in the real world of marketing and communications. I know her work; moreover, I know my industry. She’s not good at what she does and she no longer knows how to do it to a modern standard. Plus… We know this here on Tattle, but Lily STILL doesn’t get it, apparently: She will never, ever again be able to work brand side (or even agency!), not without a major skill and attitude glow up. I can’t wait for the video about “why” she’s never started a brand. *cue mocking* She totally reads here, we just talked about this in the last thread!
In your opinion, which influencer know the craft. Genuinely curious to hear it from real world expert.

Reactions: 10
In your opinion, which influencer know the craft. Genuinely curious to hear it from real world expert.
With influencers, it’s a huuuge space and admittedly I don’t know every inch of it. But I do know Lily and Anna are scraping the bottom of the barrel, especially since they’ve been doing for a decade+.

With any kind “content creator”, I look at storytelling and technique when I’m judging them, lol. I know they’ve got to sell stuff to live, so as long as it makes sense, isn’t just AL, and isn’t every.single.post, I’m not mad about it. Quick list: I think Lone Fox does a killer job, Taylor R. is good for her audience, I like J-vloggers, TopJaw, Audrey Coyne, Signe from Useless (who is educated in her SME area as well as design and marketing), and Eva zu Beck.

They all usually have a point of view, their own style and aren’t copying everyone’s topics, use good editing techniques, have varied and interesting content, etc.

Edit to sum it up: the above are just accounts I know from my YouTube use. There’s a whole world out there. I just like to learn stuff / watch cool stories with fresh filming / editing style.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Lily and Anna have spent their careers copying other people and it’s so obvious. The only thing they’ve not been able to do is copy their businesses because there’s hard work and a lot of behind the scenes bits that they weren’t privy to.

Reactions: 14
I'm listening to the 'audio vlog' waiting for my nail polish to dry with my partner reading a magazine at the same table. He just asked me 'does this lady also have an actual job?'

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Her Gleam team must resent her. (And you just know they are reading here too). Imagine trying to liaise a paid job between Lily and a brand and Lily refusing to commit to a brief or schedule, or doing the prep, whilst being dismissive of the process and the expertise of the others involved. No wonder she is not being sought out for big hero campaigns, it’s all job lot stuff. But that will somehow be everyone else’s fault

Reactions: 19
I'm listening to the 'audio vlog' waiting for my nail polish to dry with my partner reading a magazine at the same table. He just asked me 'does this lady also have an actual job?'
So many people in the comments of her video saying what a clever idea an "audio vlog" is so they have something to listen to while they do chores etc.

Do they... Have they ... Does someone need to explain what a podcast is to them?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
So many people in the comments of her video saying what a clever idea an "audio vlog" is so they have something to listen to while they do chores etc.

Do they... Have they ... Does someone need to explain what a podcast is to them?
Remember these are the same people who asked in the FB group how to wash their face without getting their shirts wet …

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.